Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Ads on Message Boards?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
So, I was browsing the site without logging in first, and whenever I clicked anywhere on the screen, there was a pop-up, prompting me to make a Pirate101 account, as well as other advertisements for updating my media players and Windows.
Now that I'm logged in, I click on topics that I want to read/around the screen, and I'm still getting pop-up browsers that are advertising stuff, and it's STILL prompting me to install updates for my media players and for Windows, which makes no sense because my computer has been fully updated by my dad.
Has anyone else noticed this, or is this just me? (If it's just me, I have some cleaning up to do...)

BTW, I just tested this while using Google Chrome as my browser. It's only occurring while using Internet Explorer. :/

Gunner's Mate
Oct 12, 2010
This once happened to me, it turned out to be my internet browser instead of the website. If it isn't your website browser, it's probably your computer or laptop. Or, it could be your programs that you have installed. You need to uninstall some programs, or, if it's your computer or laptop, you have to have to either update your device, uninstall lots of programs, run Malwarebytes to clean your PC (I suggest that program), or, get rid of your device, because it has either a virus, or a Trojan Horse (a bad program that was disguised as a good program, usually a virus but can be anything else. BUT I INSURE YOU, IT IS PROBABLY NOT PIRATE101!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Quick Pearl on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
So, I was browsing the site without logging in first, and whenever I clicked anywhere on the screen, there was a pop-up, prompting me to make a Pirate101 account, as well as other advertisements for updating my media players and Windows.
Now that I'm logged in, I click on topics that I want to read/around the screen, and I'm still getting pop-up browsers that are advertising stuff, and it's STILL prompting me to install updates for my media players and for Windows, which makes no sense because my computer has been fully updated by my dad.
Has anyone else noticed this, or is this just me? (If it's just me, I have some cleaning up to do...)

BTW, I just tested this while using Google Chrome as my browser. It's only occurring while using Internet Explorer. :/
It sounds like your version of Explorer isn't updated fully and since you don't use it as much the cookies are not there for the game. I would stick to Chrome since it has all it needs to run what you need.

First Mate
May 01, 2012
Do you have the latest version which is IE11 (in Windows 7 at least - don't know about Windows 8)?

I'm not having any problems using IE11 or Chrome.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Thanks guys for the responses. Yeah, I'll be sticking to Chrome for now on. (Time to get rid of my bookmarks in IE.)

Administrator
We definitely haven't added any advertising here on the Pirate101 Message Boards! Thanks everyone for verification, and I'm glad to see you have a work around Quick Pearl.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Jul 26, 2011