Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

P101 Pet Hybrid Project

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Here's my Pet Hybrid Project for Pirate101. I tend to try up to at least FOUR tries for each combo. I have listed all of what I can remember I've done. Why don't you list yours too? List them by replying to this post. Maybe together, we can find a new hybrid or figure out what we're doing wrong. :(

**The Confirmed Morphs:**

You can see pictures of the confirmed morphs by clicking here.

Skull Island Macaw *CONFIRMED*
-Skarakeet x Any Pet

(Blue) Ostrich *CONFIRMED*
-Ostrich x Any Pet

Golden Sky Rattler (Bugged Pet) *CONFIRMED*
-Golden Sky Rattler x
-Deathstalker Scorpion
-Blue Ringed Walkotopus
-Sabertooth Bunny

Grimtooth Reaper *CONFIRMED*
-Ebon Spectre x Not So Great White Shark

Tiger Shark *CONFIRMED*
-Sabertooth Bunny x Thresher Shark

Frostbiter *CONFIRMED*
-Ice Scarab x Hammerhead Shark

**The Tries:**
Ostrich x
-DinoLizard (My Bunnicorn Theory)

Ebon Spectre x
-Orchid Chameleon (My Red Chameleon Theory)
White Tailed Jackalope x
-Minotaur (My Bunnicorn Theory)
-Ostrich (My Bunnicorn Theory)
-Pink Marshadillo (My Bunnicorn Theory)
-Blue Marshadillo (My Bunnicorn Theory)
-Durango Buffaloon (My Longhorn Jackalope Theory)
-Armadillo Verde (My Cool Ranch Dillo Theory)
My Bunnicorn Theory
Pink Chocolope x
-DinoLizard
-Minotaur
-Ostrich

My Bunnicorn Theory
Blue Chocolope x
-DinoLizard
-Minotaur
-Ostrich

The Weird Horned Dino In Bestia Theory
-Quackosaurus x
-Dino Lizard

Armadillo Verde x
-Thresher Shark (My Grey Armadillo Theory)
-Durango Buffaloon (My Cool Ranch Dillo Theory)
-Silver Buffaloon (My Grey Armadillo Theory)
-Rouged Puffer (My Porcupine Theory)
-White Tailed Jackalope (My Cool Ranch Dillo Theory)
My Who Knows? Theory
Ice Scarab x
-Blue Ringed Walkopus
-Coral Widow Spider

Golem x
-Skarkeet (My Mechanical Owl Theory)
-Macaw (My Mechanical Owl Theory)
-Coral Widow (My Mechanical Spider Theory)
-Scrimshaw Drake (My Mechanical Spider Theory)
-Blue Ringed Walkopus (My Who Knows? Theory)

Seeking Spirit x
-Lion Fish (My Glow Fish Theory)
-Thresher Shark (My Stormtiger Shark Theory)

Crokagator x
-Tawny Sky Turtle (My Snapping Turtle Theory)
-Orchid Chameleon (My Frilled Lizard Theory)

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I think I have tried most of those.
Currently I am experimenting with a Lionfish and Imperial Lion for a Tiger.

Considering my record of 25 tries with a known recipe, I am just not sure how many times to try. I did get my Tiger shark in 3 tries but I have been helping another friend try for his and we have at least 15 Sabertooth Bunnies and we have lost track of the Thresher Sharks we have produced. The odds are certainly not eva in our fava.

Ensign
Jul 10, 2009
Three things:

First, I have a theory that the Bubblegum Chameleon is a cross between the Orchid Chameleon and Cutie Chameleon.

Second, I crossed an Orchid Chameleon with an Ebon Spectre and didn't get anything (well, I got a baby Ebon Spectre ). It should be noted that I only did it once.

Third, it says on Central that a Skarkeet crossed with anythings makes a Skull Island Macaw. Can anyone confirm this?

Ivette Xavier, Oracle

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Pet Hatching Projects

The Scrimshaw Drake has been my main focus. I'm hoping the glow will produce something new.

Scrimshaw Drake:
Blue Ringed Walktopus
Duckosaurus
Dinolizard
Lil' Labor Golem
Thresher
No So Great White Shark
Silver Buffalloon
Violent Puffer
Golden Stingtail Scorpion
Tawny Turtle
Not So Great White Shark
Ebon Spectre

Lil' Labor Golem:
Coral Widow Spider
Emerald Budgie
Mini-Minotaur
Armadillio Verde

Duckosaurus:
Emerald Budgie
Lil' Labor Golem
Armadillo Verde
Coconut Crawlie
Tawny Turtle
Clown Fish

Thresher + NSGW= Ebon Spectre

Random Hatches: The ones I can remember: I know there have been many random hatches just hatching with others to help them get the pets they were looking for. These were tried at least three times.
Coral Widow + Blue Ringed Walktopus
Pink Marshadillo + White tail Jackalope
Silver Buffaloon + Walktopus
Candy Cane Dragon + Thresher
Violent Puffer + Clown Fish
Quackosaurus + Dinolizard
Pink Marshadillo + Silver Buffaloon

Of course there are the confirmed hatches:
Grimtooth Reaper ( 6 tries), Tiger Shark(3 tries), Frostbite (First try with Mini-Minotaur)

Community Leader
Haley MoonHeart on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
Three things:

First, I have a theory that the Bubblegum Chameleon is a cross between the Orchid Chameleon and Cutie Chameleon.

Second, I crossed an Orchid Chameleon with an Ebon Spectre and didn't get anything (well, I got a baby Ebon Spectre ). It should be noted that I only did it once.

Third, it says on Central that a Skarkeet crossed with anythings makes a Skull Island Macaw. Can anyone confirm this?

Ivette Xavier, Oracle
Yes, Skarakeet with any pet does make a Skull Island Macaw. If you want to see pictures of confirmed morphs, just click here.

Also, the Bubblegum Chameleon was seen in the Pet Practice PvP and it had a Crown Shop icon. Any pets with a Crown Icon I doubt you can get as a Hybrid.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
Based upon observations of the currently known hybrids, it seems to me that the best way to get a hybrid is to morph a crown shop pet with a dropped pet.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Wicked Savannah on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
Pet Hatching Projects

The Scrimshaw Drake has been my main focus. I'm hoping the glow will produce something new.

Scrimshaw Drake:
Blue Ringed Walktopus
Duckosaurus
Dinolizard
Lil' Labor Golem
Thresher
No So Great White Shark
Silver Buffalloon
Violent Puffer
Tawny Turtle
Not So Great White Shark
Ebon Spectre

Lil' Labor Golem:
Coral Widow Spider
Emerald Budgie
Mini-Minotaur
Armadillio Verde

Duckosaurus:
Emerald Budgie
Lil' Labor Golem
Armadillo Verde
Coconut Crawlie
Tawny Turtle
Clown Fish

Random Hatches: The ones I can remember: I know there have been many random hatches just hatching with others to help them get the pets they were looking for. These were tried at least three times.

Grimtooth Reaper ( 6 tries), Tiger Shark(3 tries), Frostbite (First try with Mini-Minotaur)
You got your Frostbite with a Mini Minotaur? I thought it was a Hammerhead and an Ice Scarab ? Unless one of your parents was an existing Frostbite. I got one mixing an Ice Scarab and a Frostbite and got another Frostbite. So..............
Frostbite is a hybrid that will reproduce itself.

Community Leader
Wicked Savannah on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
Pet Hatching Projects

Scrimshaw Drake:
Blue Ringed Walktopus
Duckosaurus
Dinolizard
Lil' Labor Golem
Thresher
No So Great White Shark
Silver Buffalloon
Violent Puffer
Tawny Turtle
Not So Great White Shark
Ebon Spectre

Lil' Labor Golem:
Coral Widow Spider
Emerald Budgie
Mini-Minotaur
Armadillio Verde

Duckosaurus:
Emerald Budgie
Lil' Labor Golem
Armadillo Verde
Coconut Crawlie
Tawny Turtle
Clown Fish

Wait, Frostbiter from Mini Minotaur?

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
Wait, Frostbiter from Mini Minotaur?
Yes I morphed Mini-Minotaur w/ Frostbiter. We were trying to figure out if any pets would fail with the Frostbiter.

So I listed it as what I morphed with and received it on my first try. Like you hatched yours with the Durango and received it on the first try.

We know several attempts that night did not make the Frostbiter.

Ensign
Feb 06, 2010
I heard sabbertooth bunny and grim tooth makes a shadow bunny.

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
*Updating My Madness*

So for the past 2 days here is what I worked on

Fandango
Mini-Minotaur
Lil'Labor Golem
Golden Stingtail
Silver Buffaloon
Coral Widow
NSGW
Hammerhead
Thresher
Ebon Spectre
Clownfish

Next trial and error - Let's spin the wheel and see who I will throw in the ring.....

Gotta track down the Imperial Lion. Pet Wranglin' has not gone so well for my pirates. Also on the look out for a few other pets that are still eluding me.

Any ideas if we should try morphing the holiday pets for Hybrids?

Lieutenant
Jan 28, 2014
Wicked Savannah on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
*Updating My Madness*

So for the past 2 days here is what I worked on

Fandango
Mini-Minotaur
Lil'Labor Golem
Golden Stingtail
Silver Buffaloon
Coral Widow
NSGW
Hammerhead
Thresher
Ebon Spectre
Clownfish

Next trial and error - Let's spin the wheel and see who I will throw in the ring.....

Gotta track down the Imperial Lion. Pet Wranglin' has not gone so well for my pirates. Also on the look out for a few other pets that are still eluding me.

Any ideas if we should try morphing the holiday pets for Hybrids?
Hey, I have a maxed Imperial lion, want to morph to get it? Just make sure you bring your highest Pedigree pet...

Petty Alicia Cog

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Has anyone tried a cutie chameleon + violet bubble fish for the bubblegum chameleon?

Community Leader
The hun on Jun 12, 2014 wrote:
I heard sabbertooth bunny and grim tooth makes a shadow bunny.
I don't think that can be true. IDK. Rumors are just rumors until it's proven with pictures.

But from what Decius said, I don't think you can get a new hybrid from a hybrid pet yet. But I am curious about Ebon Spectre x Sabretooth Bunny.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Has anyone tried the Sabertooth bunny with a White Tailed Jackolope? That's my speculation for a Bunnicorn. My Sabertooth is too young to try morphing.

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Good morning all,

So I did get the Imperial Lion and gave him a twirl. No luck, or everyone would have known about by this point

I have to say between my friends and acquaintances we are running out of morphing power.

I did just start to random test my pets. I closed my eyes and clicked! Well to my dismay...no luck there.

I know the next time we see a post saying "A new hybrid has been found" most of us will be like OMG I have tried that 20 times lol.

So until we get that next one, I am just going to keep closing my eyes and morph. Good plan? I think so.

Decius, a question for you. Is it worth our time to morph the holiday pets to try and get a hybrid?

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
The holiday pets are special but do not currently have any "hybrids". At least that's what Hep Kat'mun tells me. But you know those Krocs, they can stir up magic once in a while. So just because they don't exist now, doesn't mean that they wont exist later.

The danger in discussing what may or may not happen when in the morphing tent is that you might write off a combination that will have a positive result in the future. If I were to say A + B will not produce anything today, Tomorrow it might, but then we would have to say "Go try A + B again..." and that would ruin the surprise.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
The holiday pets are special but do not currently have any "hybrids". At least that's what Hep Kat'mun tells me. But you know those Krocs, they can stir up magic once in a while. So just because they don't exist now, doesn't mean that they wont exist later.

The danger in discussing what may or may not happen when in the morphing tent is that you might write off a combination that will have a positive result in the future. If I were to say A + B will not produce anything today, Tomorrow it might, but then we would have to say "Go try A + B again..." and that would ruin the surprise.
You have no idea how unbelievably helpful what you just said was. I can now eliminate several pets from my experiment lists and that will save me a TON of time and gold. I totally appreciate this and have absolutely no issues with seeing a later update that clues us in that the morphing rules have just changed. I can deal with that. You just made the massive amounts of possible combinations for us to try now when everything is new and all unknown a bit more manageable and I thank you.

Community Leader
Thank you Decius. At least that's a start to help us to know where to focus. Holiday pets, no hybrids. Got it. How about game card pets? Pack Pets? Do they have any hybrids?

Ensign
Dec 14, 2009
Desperately waiting for Mechanical Owl. Any hint on that Decius? It would be fantastic, I mean I'd most likely buy 5 Mega Snack Packs just to get it to adult, (Seriously). I really hope it is a drop but then again, we never know what KI will do next, they are full of splendid ideas! I really can not wait, I also hope its possible to get it, by hatching Skarakeet & Lil' Labor Golem, that'd be epic!

Thank you Decius!

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Decius,

Thank you for the response. I do appreciate you confirming that holiday pets are a no go, at least for now.

Also for the hint about the most common pets being a place to focus on for another darling Hybrid Pet.

The search continues.....

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Kelsey Fireheart on Jun 10, 2014 wrote:
Here's my Pet Hybrid Project for Pirate101. I tend to try up to at least FOUR tries for each combo. I have listed all of what I can remember I've done. Why don't you list yours too? List them by replying to this post. Maybe together, we can find a new hybrid or figure out what we're doing wrong. :(

**The Confirmed Morphs:**

You can see pictures of the confirmed morphs by clicking here.

Skull Island Macaw *CONFIRMED*
-Skarakeet x Any Pet

(Blue) Ostrich *CONFIRMED*
-Ostrich x Any Pet

Golden Sky Rattler (Bugged Pet) *CONFIRMED*
-Golden Sky Rattler x
-Deathstalker Scorpion
-Blue Ringed Walkotopus
-Sabertooth Bunny

Grimtooth Reaper *CONFIRMED*
-Ebon Spectre x Not So Great White Shark

Tiger Shark *CONFIRMED*
-Sabertooth Bunny x Thresher Shark

Frostbiter *CONFIRMED*
-Ice Scarab x Hammerhead Shark

**The Tries:**
Ostrich x

Ebon Spectre x
-Orchid Chameleon (My Red Chameleon Theory)
White Tailed Jackalope x
-Minotaur (My Bunnicorn Theory)
-Ostrich (My Bunnicorn Theory)
-Pink Marshadillo (My Bunnicorn Theory)
-Blue Marshadillo (My Bunnicorn Theory)
-Durango Buffaloon (My Longhorn Jackalope Theory)
-Armadillo Verde (My Cool Ranch Dillo Theory)
My Bunnicorn Theory
Pink Chocolope x
-DinoLizard
-Minotaur
-Ostrich

My Bunnicorn Theory
Blue Chocolope x
-DinoLizard
-Minotaur
-Ostrich

The Weird Horned Dino In Bestia Theory
-Quackosaurus x
-Dino Lizard

Armadillo Verde x
-Thresher Shark (My Grey Armadillo Theory)
-Durango Buffaloon (My Cool Ranch Dillo Theory)
-Silver Buffaloon (My Grey Armadillo Theory)
-Rouged Puffer (My Porcupine Theory)
-White Tailed Jackalope (My Cool Ranch Dillo Theory)
My Who Knows? Theory
Ice Scarab x
-Blue Ringed Walkopus
-Coral Widow Spider

Golem x
-Skarkeet (My Mechanical Owl Theory)
-Macaw (My Mechanical Owl Theory)
-Coral Widow (My Mechanical Spider Theory)
-Scrimshaw Drake (My Mechanical Spider Theory)
-Blue Ringed Walkopus (My Who Knows? Theory)

Seeking Spirit x
-Lion Fish (My Glow Fish Theory)
-Thresher Shark (My Stormtiger Shark Theory)

Crokagator x
-Tawny Sky Turtle (My Snapping Turtle Theory)
-Orchid Chameleon (My Frilled Lizard Theory)
Ok, so I have tried a few morphs to work on some of the theories that my Old Scratch had conjured up. I noticed that so far, the successful hybrid morphs consisted of a shark and a pet whose snack "home origin world" is considered MooShu- or in categorizing another way a "sea creature" with a non "sea creature" that likes snacks from MooShu or the pet itself is associated with MooShu. The Sabretoothed Bunny, Ebon Spectre and Ice Scarab (even though dropped in Aquila) all Like snacks from MooShu.

So I have concentrated my morphing efforts on following along, somewhat, with those "known", successful formulas or mere coincidences. I have tried the following combinations so far.

Imperial Lion w/
- Hammerhead Shark
- Thresher Shark
- Lion Fish
- Clown Fish

* I need to try with Inky Octopus, one of the other Octopus and Crokagator- all of which I have and also with the NSGW (which I don't have yet)

Tawny Sky Turtle w/
- Hammerhead Shark
- Thresher Shark
- Lion Fish
- Clown Fish

Celestial Dragon w/
- Hammerhead Shark
- Thresher Shark
- Lion Fish
- Clown Fish

I also tried a few theories of my own: one based on the hybrid shark frenzy that is sweeping the Spiral and other ones just for kicks- all based solely on blind hunches.

*Bull Shark Theory

Mini-Minotaur w/
- Hammerhead
- Thresher
* still need to try with NSGW when I get one

*Bulldog Theory

Mini-Minotaur w/
- Imperial Lion

*Coral Snake Theory (Have not actually tried yet)

Coral Widow w/
-Tropical Sky Snake
-Spiny Serpent

*Horned purple and orange critter that runs the track in Arena Theory

White tailed Jackalope w/
- Dinolizard
- Clown Fish (pretty colors)
- Fandango

King Snake Theory (Haven't tried)

Imperial Lion w/ (Lion = King of the jungle, I know pretty far fetched!)
- Tropical Sky Snake

Reef Shark Theory (Haven't tried)

Coral Widow w/- (Coral Reef?)
- Thresher
- Not So Great White

Duckbilled Inkypus Theory

- Quackosaurus w/ Inky Octopus

Movie Tickets Pet Theory

Fandango w/
- Popcorn
- Nachos w/ cheese
- Mini-Pretzels
- Sour Patch Kids
- Milk Duds

I'll keep trying!

Community Leader
Brand New Hybrid Found by Sorceress Miklai - the Emusaur! It's from Orchid Chameleon x Ostrich. Who would've thought of that? I would've thought that the new hybrid would be from Violet Bubblefish x Quackosaurus. Go figure!

You can see its picture HERE.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
So far I've tried the following:

Tried Attempting Decius's Hint

Ostrich + White Tailed jackalope = ostrich (blue in color though)

Tried to make the LongHorn Jackalope you see in the sparring arena.

Lion Fish + White Tailed Jackalope = White tailed Jackalope

Trying to make a Mechanical Bull (because the name amuses me)

Lil Labor Golem + Mini Minotaur = Minotaur