Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

For Decius

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 04, 2012
Dear Decius, as an avid pet collector in both Wizard101 and Pirate101 I was wondering if you could give us Pet Enthusiasts one or two hints about any pets we haven't found. I know a ton of pirates, myself included, who have been getting a bit frustrated. Any hints about new dropped pets or hatched pets would be great! Just hints, I'm not asking you to say "Well, Pet A and Pet B make Pet C. Pet A drops from a boss in Aquila". A simple "Try morphing a pet that comes from a toothy egg with one that comes from a slimy egg". That would be great. Thanks in advance (Pun intended).

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
I gave a hint last month, and still no one has found the one I was talking about.
So let me give it again here.

You may find something new and rare out of the most common pets.

Think hard about that one.

Come battle some time soon, My pets are restless and want to spar!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
I gave a hint last month, and still no one has found the one I was talking about.

Any chance you might define "Common"?

Captain
Dec 11, 2010

Hmmm common pets
*looks at the pets being sold which one of them makes a hybrid with not so great white shark*
Am I close?

Community Leader
Wow really?! OMG, I can't believe it either then.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
Well, isn't that interesting. Thank you Decius!

So, in over analyzing this he said "the one I was talking about", so it is a specific hint to a specific hybrid. And, "the most common pets", as in plural, so both pets should be not just common, but the most common.

Everyone gets the Ostrich first, and everyone gets the White tailed Jackalope second (I think). I guess that is where I will spend my gold today. It is as good a guess as anything else.

Ensign
Jun 29, 2009
doh!

I got a blue Ostrich. We already knew that. Switching to the Celestial Dragon and White Tailed Jackalope.

Ensign
Dec 14, 2009
I am starting to think that it is the Grey Armadillo, which is produced by Armadillo Verde and Grey Buffaloon, no confirmation yet, but me and my friends are trying it relentlessly!

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009

Taking your advice literally, I have found a new hybrid.

The Emusaur :)

I used an Orchid Chameleon and an Ostrich to get this pet.

Pictures are found here.

Thanks Decius! Looking for more new pets and possible hybrids!

~SM~

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013

Decius, which pet would be considered 'common'? Are they pet drop pets? Thats what I figure.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
Buccaneer Boy on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
Dear Decius, as an avid pet collector in both Wizard101 and Pirate101 I was wondering if you could give us Pet Enthusiasts one or two hints about any pets we haven't found. I know a ton of pirates, myself included, who have been getting a bit frustrated. Any hints about new dropped pets or hatched pets would be great! Just hints, I'm not asking you to say "Well, Pet A and Pet B make Pet C. Pet A drops from a boss in Aquila". A simple "Try morphing a pet that comes from a toothy egg with one that comes from a slimy egg". That would be great. Thanks in advance (Pun intended).
in wizard101 I had so many pets (I never hatched to) that when I was putting one down it said "you have the maximum number of this item put down" ya I had allot of pets

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
Decius, which pet would be considered 'common'? Are they pet drop pets? Thats what I figure.
I can't just tell you the answer to this. That would take all the fun out of it.
Also, if you look around, this one was solved already.

Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
I can't just tell you the answer to this. That would take all the fun out of it.
Also, if you look around, this one was solved already.
Its hard to have fun when you don't know what your doing ... Oh well, guess luck will have to be the answer to this situation.

Community Leader
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Its hard to have fun when you don't know what your doing ... Oh well, guess luck will have to be the answer to this situation.
Common in my opinion means easily obtained pets in-game. Dropped, Gold pets, possibly Crown pets. It also could mean pets that most people likely to have.

But I believe that Sorceress Miklai has found the answer to Decius' hint. The Emusaur came from two very common pets.

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Ensign
Mar 19, 2011
Hey Decius, I have a question for you that I'm sure many other people have wondered: What is the Fandango's hybrid potential? I know you can't give exact specifics like color and stuff, but could you offer maybe one of your hints? I've had a theory about maybe some sort of peacock or something, maybe with Fandango + [Clown Fish -or- Tropical Sky Snake] for the colorful bird attributes. If you could at least give some sort of hint to the Fandango's hybrid possibility, it would be much appreciated by many as well as me. If not, I understand, and thanks anyways.

Gruesome Davy Jones
Lvl.65 Melee Witchdoctor

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Fandango + a fandango = a fandango.
We have way too many fandango's in the arena right now.
You wouldn't believe the noise they all make when they wake up in the morning. Its not like a rooster waking you up, more like a bunch of squawking flamingos, but I have at least 200 of them back in the training grounds. So noisy.

Anyways to get on to your question. No hints.

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
I was wondering if there is going to be a pet trade system so that you can give away copy pets so you don't have thirty of one pet?
And/or get new ones you don't have but really want and cant get by morphing?
Or just to trade with friends and get the pets you want that way?

I would love to know

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Jun 30, 2014 wrote:
Fandango + a fandango = a fandango.
We have way too many fandango's in the arena right now.
You wouldn't believe the noise they all make when they wake up in the morning. Its not like a rooster waking you up, more like a bunch of squawking flamingos, but I have at least 200 of them back in the training grounds. So noisy.

Anyways to get on to your question. No hints.
I recently bought a Fandango,and I think it's sqwaking is endearing...it may just be me...

But hey,now at least I know that we may be able to do something with Zoey!!!There's this really weird pet running in circles around the arena,that looks like a cross between Dinolizard/Fandango/Quackosaur and a Jackalope.A big thank you to Scarlet for pointing that out to me,

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The Hoodoo Master on Jul 1, 2014 wrote:
I recently bought a Fandango,and I think it's sqwaking is endearing...it may just be me...

But hey,now at least I know that we may be able to do something with Zoey!!!There's this really weird pet running in circles around the arena,that looks like a cross between Dinolizard/Fandango/Quackosaur and a Jackalope.A big thank you to Scarlet for pointing that out to me,
I'm going to try combining an ostrich with a fandango; it should make another bird ( an Osdango? a Fandrich? )
I'm also going to try the White tailed Jackolope with the Saber toothed bunny ( I think that the bunnicorn comes from that combo ).

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
anecorbie on Jul 2, 2014 wrote:
I'm going to try combining an ostrich with a fandango; it should make another bird ( an Osdango? a Fandrich? )
I'm also going to try the White tailed Jackolope with the Saber toothed bunny ( I think that the bunnicorn comes from that combo ).
a fandrich would be cool lol. i really want the unicorn bunny it is soooo cute

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
i have only been playing for about three weeks and i already have the tropical sky snake, mini minotaur, blue ostrich, emusaur, and bone snake. i was wondering if these are rare for a first timer?