Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Farming Question

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Does the Schemer's Eyepatch actually drop from Tyler? I've been farming for over two weeks with no luck.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
AlphaWolf02 on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
Does the Schemer's Eyepatch actually drop from Tyler? I've been farming for over two weeks with no luck.
Hi AlphaWolf02.

I can confirm that the Schemer's Eyepatch does indeed drop from Tyler. That is were my Buccaneer received his, but like you it took me a long time! I farmed him for a few weeks for it and then took a break to try Rooke's SCC for the patch. After that attempt came up empty I went back to Tyler -- actually trying for the Not so Great White -- and in my first battle with him, I received Schemer's.

Just keep at it and possibly ask some friends to join you to help increase the number of chests and possibly better your chances. Good luck to you and hope you get your desired wink wear real soon!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Thanks! But does have more than one friend really help, as you only get one loot roll?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
AlphaWolf02 on Aug 26, 2014 wrote:
Thanks! But does have more than one friend really help, as you only get one loot roll?
It helps with bosses and boss chests. When I farm Tyson, and other bosses that only drop their boss chest, I usually farm with at least one other pirate so that there will be 2 boss chests on the board. I am not 100% certain, but I think most, if not all bosses with boss chests, will drop 'extra' boss chests based on the number of pirates in the battle. I don't know if it's 1 boss chest per pirate, because I usually only have farmed with 1 other pirate.

Another thing to keep in mind is that when farming bosses in a group or at least one more pirate, you have a chance of getting group plunder chests in addition to the boss chest(s). In my experiences when farming with 1 other pirate, the 'boss GPCs' always contains 1 piece of the boss's dropped No-Auction gear and 1 piece of regular gear. Plus you still get the boss chest(s) to open. With 4 pirates, even more gear is received from a boss GPC, not to mention oodles more gold and doubloons, and more boss chests.

So, your chances should increase quite a bit if you at least have one other pirate join in the fun -- hey, good company is always an added bonus anyways. And if you get on a 'good roll' with boss GPCs, you should get some really great gear, doubloons and gold. I farmed Tyson recently with a friend and during a 30-45 minute span, is seemed as if a GPC popped up every other attempt.

Ensign
Apr 14, 2012
I feel bad for you, so do you need help I'm farming for the eyepatch too.

Ensign
Apr 14, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Aug 24, 2014 wrote:
I feel bad for you, do you need help?