Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

We need a house to hold our pavilions

AuthorMessage
Admiral
May 30, 2010
Indigo and I cannot possibly be the only pirates in the Spiral who are unable to place those awesome pavilions on any of our islands, can we? Getting one is a delight, right up until I strip my islands bare in a futile attempt to find somewhere -- anywhere -- that the wretched thing will sit. My pirates now weep with frustration when they get another one in a pack, because frankly, they haven't managed to place the first one. The Mooshu pavilion is especially frustrating, although Marleybone isn't far behind.

I propose a new island to buy -- one with five or six rooms underground, and a huge open field area (you could add a bit of forest off to one side and a stream meandering carefully through) where every single pavilion could be placed comfortably and still have room for the pets to roam. Perhaps it could have a morning theme, so we'd have the sun rising over what looks like a fair. A watch tower (or lighthouse?) rises near the docks, giving our pirate access to the underground rooms and perhaps one tower top room with access to a walkway all around the tower itself so we can admire the fairgrounds and look out at the sunrise. A bit of beach would be fine, but the key is the open land that the pavilions fit onto.

Failing a useful island field, maybe KI could see fit to ever so slightly trim the size of these things so that I can at least place one in my castaway cove?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Sep 21, 2014 wrote:
Indigo and I cannot possibly be the only pirates in the Spiral who are unable to place those awesome pavilions on any of our islands, can we? Getting one is a delight, right up until I strip my islands bare in a futile attempt to find somewhere -- anywhere -- that the wretched thing will sit. My pirates now weep with frustration when they get another one in a pack, because frankly, they haven't managed to place the first one. The Mooshu pavilion is especially frustrating, although Marleybone isn't far behind.

I propose a new island to buy -- one with five or six rooms underground, and a huge open field area (you could add a bit of forest off to one side and a stream meandering carefully through) where every single pavilion could be placed comfortably and still have room for the pets to roam. Perhaps it could have a morning theme, so we'd have the sun rising over what looks like a fair. A watch tower (or lighthouse?) rises near the docks, giving our pirate access to the underground rooms and perhaps one tower top room with access to a walkway all around the tower itself so we can admire the fairgrounds and look out at the sunrise. A bit of beach would be fine, but the key is the open land that the pavilions fit onto.

Failing a useful island field, maybe KI could see fit to ever so slightly trim the size of these things so that I can at least place one in my castaway cove?
Oh YAR infinity
I too cannot place any of mine but the Skull Island one. I can't bring myself to sell them, hoping something will change as they are SO cool looking but basically worthless since I can't put them anywhere.( Edit: I just read that I can place one in my Swashbuckler's house. Transfer in progress. )
KI construction engineers.....How does this wonderful idea sound?

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I have been able to place all of them, I think... but rarely more than one on any given location. I really would love to have a location where I could set them all up, with maybe some of the other tents and pavilion housing items from Aquila, etc. scattered around as well.

-Indigo

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have the MooShu pavilion placed on the plaza in front of the statue of El Toro, ( Rake's Lagoon ) the Marleybone pavilion can be put there, also.
At the Privateer's class house, the stone terrace in the front can easily hold a pavilion.
Musketeer's class house only in the front, which blocks the magnificent view of this citadel.
The Buccaneer's house seems to have a level beach large enough for a pavilion ( I'm waiting until I get a Grizzelheim pavilion ).
The WD class house doesn't seen to have room for a pavilion, so many hills & hollows, with a creek running through it.
No place for them in either of the Bundle houses, ( I have both, and tried )
Castaways Cove ( the one for 50,000 gold ) has space on the beach for a pavilion. I've placed a Marleybone pavilion there.
Buccaneer's Den- No place for a pavilion.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Note: I have managed to fit the MooShu pavilion into the ruined walled area in the Buccaneer's Den, however, the Marleybone pavilion doesn't fit.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Yar, I agree those pavilions are huge and need a bigger space to place these household items. The only space I was able to place one of my Moo Shu Pavilion ( i got 3 of these ) is at the Swashbuckler's Rake Lagoon Deed. Got to relocate my fountain somewhere else at the deed. I also got the Marylebone pavilion for my swashbuckler, but no room to place it.

That's 2 pavilions collected and 3 more pavilions to collect for me. So wanted that Krokotopia pavilion tent, hopefully i get it in a future pack opening for the Girzzly Beast pack. ( fingers crossed )

Wait how about the volcano deed, is there is a space for a pavilion ? I don't have that deed,sadly.

Petty Officer
Jul 06, 2010
My brother put the Marleybone pavilion in the main hall of the house that comes from the Empire Bundle. It took up the entire room, and some of the second floor.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Monkrinx2024 on Sep 23, 2014 wrote:
Yar, I agree those pavilions are huge and need a bigger space to place these household items. The only space I was able to place one of my Moo Shu Pavilion ( i got 3 of these ) is at the Swashbuckler's Rake Lagoon Deed. Got to relocate my fountain somewhere else at the deed. I also got the Marylebone pavilion for my swashbuckler, but no room to place it.

That's 2 pavilions collected and 3 more pavilions to collect for me. So wanted that Krokotopia pavilion tent, hopefully i get it in a future pack opening for the Girzzly Beast pack. ( fingers crossed )

Wait how about the volcano deed, is there is a space for a pavilion ? I don't have that deed,sadly.
Short answer is "no". Sorry.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Interesting idea with the Empire house.

I am pretty sure I stuck the Marleybone house somewhere - don't remember where.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I know that all of the pavilions will fit (by themselves) in the circled opening at the Privateer house-- after porting home, the circled area to your immediate left, after coming down the steps. I had multiples of all the pavilions and was showing some house guests what they all looked like. The MooShu and the Marleybone ones did indeed fit there as well, although I had to remove anything in that area that obstructed placement........I'm looking at you, fancy MooShu stepping stones!

I fit both the Grizzleheim and a Skull Island Pavilion in the sands of the smaller Buccaneer House, right up next to the house. I even was able to place both the Grizzleheim and then the Skull Island one inside the Sharpshooter's Citadel-- not that I really wanted them to go there, but when emptying my pack, that's where they fit while I was inside.

I have not tried fitting them in the other homes yet.....too much stuff to move!

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
I agree - we need a Victorian stately home from Marleybone (Downton Abbey?), or be able to buy our own Bestian Circus Maximus. I would love to be able to place them together at one castle.

OR

Perhaps if they were shrunk to, say, 75% of original size?

Ensign
May 16, 2011
Yes somehow I think someone might have slipped up on the size of the pavilions.

I've managed to place a couple amongst my pirates but since then I've had to store them in the attic. They just don't seem to fit.

Thanks Valkoor for bringing up this topic.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
The smaller ones will fit in many (but not all) of the homes. Sadly, the larger ones are what I seem to get. Since I do have multiple pavilions I am frustrated that I can't display them all. And, of course, I want another island with lots of room, even though my pirates haven't completely filled up their current homes yet.

Oh, well. A pirate can dream...

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ozzie Mozzie on Sep 24, 2014 wrote:
Yes somehow I think someone might have slipped up on the size of the pavilions.

I've managed to place a couple amongst my pirates but since then I've had to store them in the attic. They just don't seem to fit.

Thanks Valkoor for bringing up this topic.
I think possibly they were trying to hold true to the size of the Circus Maximus pavilions. Or maybe even use the same file, just removing the 'extra' stuff and NPCs in the Circus. I think they all will fit somewhere in every single home, they just aren't meant to share space in the home with the other pavilions. They are amazing additions to our estates and it really would be nice to have a spacious home that accommodated all of the pavilions in one convenient location.

I was even holding out with magical hope that a new house was the grandest of all Epic items to be found in the Grizzly Beast packs-- one in which all of the pavilions would fit. I really want an Ewok styled 'house(s) resting high amongst the trees with a gently rolling landscape that leads up to the forest area, in which our house and many suspension bridges dwell. The gently rolling landscape could have been the area where all the pavilions could have been places. Several small, connected houses amongst the trees seemed kind of fitting for the Grizzly theme.....I think, maybe.

Oh and thank you Ozzie Mozzie, but Fiorenza initially brought up this topic and created this thread, as well as others in some other threads in regards to the very same thing. We all just pitched in our own 2 cents worth.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Halloween Chick on Sep 24, 2014 wrote:
I agree - we need a Victorian stately home from Marleybone (Downton Abbey?), or be able to buy our own Bestian Circus Maximus. I would love to be able to place them together at one castle.

OR

Perhaps if they were shrunk to, say, 75% of original size?
Reduced by 75%!? Wouldn't that make them too small for any use?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 24, 2014 wrote:
I think possibly they were trying to hold true to the size of the Circus Maximus pavilions. Or maybe even use the same file, just removing the 'extra' stuff and NPCs in the Circus. I think they all will fit somewhere in every single home, they just aren't meant to share space in the home with the other pavilions. They are amazing additions to our estates and it really would be nice to have a spacious home that accommodated all of the pavilions in one convenient location.

I was even holding out with magical hope that a new house was the grandest of all Epic items to be found in the Grizzly Beast packs-- one in which all of the pavilions would fit. I really want an Ewok styled 'house(s) resting high amongst the trees with a gently rolling landscape that leads up to the forest area, in which our house and many suspension bridges dwell. The gently rolling landscape could have been the area where all the pavilions could have been places. Several small, connected houses amongst the trees seemed kind of fitting for the Grizzly theme.....I think, maybe.

Oh and thank you Ozzie Mozzie, but Fiorenza initially brought up this topic and created this thread, as well as others in some other threads in regards to the very same thing. We all just pitched in our own 2 cents worth.
Ohh I love your idea but I was picturing Hobbit style houses as bears live in dens. Wouldn't that be great fodder for the artists too?

Admiral
May 30, 2010
anecorbie on Sep 25, 2014 wrote:
I think she said shrunk to, not by, anecorbie. By 75% would be way too small, true. I'm not even certain they need to be reduced by 25%, but reduced a bit would be helpful. Or that totally new island could miraculously appear in the crown shop...

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Reduced TO 75% would be reduced BY 25%. I think if they were 3/4 of their current size, they would still be quite usable. 3/4 of huge is till pretty big.

:)

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I'm thinking she actually stated and meant reduced to 75% of the size they are now (not by 75%), meaning reduced by 25% of the pavilions' current size. But hey, mini pavilions for our pets to scamper around in, may not be such a bad idea-- just watch your lids when running around!

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
anecorbie on Sep 22, 2014 wrote:
I have the MooShu pavilion placed on the plaza in front of the statue of El Toro, ( Rake's Lagoon ) the Marleybone pavilion can be put there, also.
At the Privateer's class house, the stone terrace in the front can easily hold a pavilion.
Musketeer's class house only in the front, which blocks the magnificent view of this citadel.
The Buccaneer's house seems to have a level beach large enough for a pavilion ( I'm waiting until I get a Grizzelheim pavilion ).
The WD class house doesn't seen to have room for a pavilion, so many hills & hollows, with a creek running through it.
No place for them in either of the Bundle houses, ( I have both, and tried )
Castaways Cove ( the one for 50,000 gold ) has space on the beach for a pavilion. I've placed a Marleybone pavilion there.
Buccaneer's Den- No place for a pavilion.
Um, actually I was able to place my Grizzleheim pavilion in the Witchdoctor's Sanctum house myself. There's a place right next to the first house that you can place the pavilion down at there, so it is definitely possible to place one there, but it does just take some creative thinking and maneuvering around to place it there though so-to-speak, so there is that at least.