Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Dear Decius, The Skarakeet Question...

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Okay, Decius, here's a toughie. Since Black Market Tarantula and Ostrich both has produced a Special Morph and a True Hybrid. Special Morph meaning a pet that can be reproduced with ANY pet like the plain Tarantula and the (blue) Ostrich. True Hybrid meaning a Hybrid that actually requires SPECIFIC parents to be produced such as the Lavalanchula and Emusaur.

Got me thinking about the Skarakeet. It can produce Skull Island Macaw, a Special Morph, with ANY pet. BUT... Have you also assigned a True Hybrid to this pet too? I'm just wondering because well, it's a Beta pet. I do not have any idea if you would allow this since not everyone owns this pet.

Hope you can answer this one.

Have a wonderful Tuesday!

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
You are just trying to squeeze more information out of me so you can update your list of pets to morph.
But I do not use the beta pet as a morph combo for a hybrid as that would exclude to many people.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Also Kelsey, on your write up, you got the colors wrong for
Skitters and Crawls. You might want to fix that.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 16, 2014 wrote:
You are just trying to squeeze more information out of me so you can update your list of pets to morph.
But I do not use the beta pet as a morph combo for a hybrid as that would exclude to many people.
Decius, I have another skarakeet question. Would it be possible to change for skarakeet to morph true if it is skarakeet x skarakeet? I understand why it was made for skarakeet x anything else to be the skull island macaw as the skarakeet was an exclusive pet with the introductory bundle. With skarakeet x skarakeet morph it would require both people to own that bundle and thus not give an exclusive pet to someone who didn't own the bundle.

Reason I ask, when the advanced pet update was on test my skarakeet did well on the skills it expressed. However on live it was a poor showing on pedigree. I have morphed with my spouse's skarakeet and raised a couple of better ones but they are skull island macaws that are really purebred skarakeet. It would be nice to have a skarakeet to take out adventuring that was worth using. Also, this is why I don't really do much pet training anymore on test, it can be very disappointing when things get to live.

Community Leader
Decius Duelmaster on Dec 16, 2014 wrote:
-.- Stop reading my mind, Decius. But really I did want to check for sure because I didn't want people waste their gold on something that seemed to be unreliable. You have confirmed what I thought. It is not a pet that everyone can easily obtain, so it made sense that it does not have a hybrid. So, . But thank you really!

PS: You read my blog post?! Aw I feel so flattered. Thanks for letting me know about the mistake. I have now corrected it.

PPS: Did I list a correct morph combo somewhere in my list of theories on my blog post?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!