Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

fan flanders

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 06, 2014
did KingsIsle get fan flanders last name from Ned Flanders in The Simpsons Show

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
fearles antonio on Jan 24, 2015 wrote:
did KingsIsle get fan flanders last name from Ned Flanders in The Simpsons Show
Hi Antonio, welcome to the message boards.
I have always suspected she was the inspiration from Moll Flanders from Les Miserables but only Blind Mew, the head writer, can truthfully answer that question and once he is not quite so busy preparing the next expansion I am sure he will be happy to enlighten us in his delightfully charming way.

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
I think not. In my opinion, the Simpsons isn't really a good show for kids, and isn't that what Pirate101 is for? I am pretty positive that Kingsisle just called her Fan Flanders because... erm.... They both have F for the first letter and frog begins with F?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Moll Flanders is the title heroine of Daniel Defoe's book of the same name. Defoe is a real-life 'Age of Pirates' author (most famous, really, for his Robinson Crusoe), born in the mid-17th C. and Moll Flanders is quite a rascal, to put it mildly... come to think of it, Defoe was quite a character himself with a lot of adventures (not all of them honest ones, apparently). But the reference to Defoe's famous work makes fine inspiration for Fan and her back history.