Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What is your least favorite character to fight?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 31, 2014
King Wolf on May 5, 2015 wrote:
Every. Redcoat. Ever I hate musketeer enemies. -Wolf
OK, having now progressed further in the game, i must change my vote. The worst has to be my new sworn enemies: The Armada Dragoons I hate these guys, first time i ever battled them they killed me like ten times.
In short: Death to the armada Especially Dragoons. Kill them all me hearties,
see ye in the spiral.
-Wolf

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
My least favorite enemies to fight are Tengus, Samoorai Musketeers, any musketeer or privateer types etc. but the KING of absolute garbage characters to fight is Stormzilla. I hate him so much because no amount of farming or grinding can help you get an advantage over Stormzilla. The Stupendor-X is so severely underpowered when it comes to Stormzilla, which is a darn shame since it looks so cool. However I do have a favorite type of character to fight, and that would be musketeers and swashbucklers. As a privateer, I have a heavy advantage over most other classes in the game: high health (31XX or something), buffs (Discipline for critical hits? Yes please. Valor's armor to absorb over 1,000 damage? Yeah, you go to Bonnie Anne. Two huge accuracy and dodge buffs? Make it snappy and while you're at it, tell El Toro to go ahead and gimme dat goodness), AWESOME talents for my companions (Bonnie: Double Tapx2, Burst Firex2, Overwatch, Stock Assault/El Toro: Ripostex2, Relentlessx2/Catbeard: Ripostex3, Relentlessx2/Shiruku Neko: First Strike, Cheap Shot, Ripostex2/the list could seriously go on) The point is that while most classes at this point have low accuracy and dodge, anybody who rolls with me gets: crit chances, a bunch of healing, increased accuracy and dodge, protection, strength, agility, and will buffs, and the fights will probably be over a lot faster. Now, using all that, you can probably see why swashbucklers and bucks are no problem. Privateers are annoying because of all their heals (I guess it takes one to know one), Musketeers can shoot you from afar and you never get first strike or riposte and you rarely ever get relentless for some reason, and Witchdoctors at this point in the game can hit all your team if you're not strategic with your placement.

Ensign
Sep 28, 2014
I'm not super far along yet (only level 27) but by FAR the most annoying character to fight are the scorpions at Junction in Cool Ranch. They dodge 75% of my attacks!! They don't hit hard, it just takes FOREVER to finish one little fight.... definitely the most aggravating character I've fought so far.

Cautious Daniel Clegg

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Cruel Owen Quarrel on May 11, 2015 wrote:
My least favorite enemies to fight are Tengus, Samoorai Musketeers, any musketeer or privateer types etc. but the KING of absolute garbage characters to fight is Stormzilla. I hate him so much because no amount of farming or grinding can help you get an advantage over Stormzilla. The Stupendor-X is so severely underpowered when it comes to Stormzilla, which is a darn shame since it looks so cool. However I do have a favorite type of character to fight, and that would be musketeers and swashbucklers. As a privateer, I have a heavy advantage over most other classes in the game: high health (31XX or something), buffs (Discipline for critical hits? Yes please. Valor's armor to absorb over 1,000 damage? Yeah, you go to Bonnie Anne. Two huge accuracy and dodge buffs? Make it snappy and while you're at it, tell El Toro to go ahead and gimme dat goodness), AWESOME talents for my companions (Bonnie: Double Tapx2, Burst Firex2, Overwatch, Stock Assault/El Toro: Ripostex2, Relentlessx2/Catbeard: Ripostex3, Relentlessx2/Shiruku Neko: First Strike, Cheap Shot, Ripostex2/the list could seriously go on) The point is that while most classes at this point have low accuracy and dodge, anybody who rolls with me gets: crit chances, a bunch of healing, increased accuracy and dodge, protection, strength, agility, and will buffs, and the fights will probably be over a lot faster. Now, using all that, you can probably see why swashbucklers and bucks are no problem. Privateers are annoying because of all their heals (I guess it takes one to know one), Musketeers can shoot you from afar and you never get first strike or riposte and you rarely ever get relentless for some reason, and Witchdoctors at this point in the game can hit all your team if you're not strategic with your placement.
You think Stormzilla is bad now? You should have fought him in the 'old days'. No help from companions; just the armor, no mark and recall and no life fountain in the Valley of the Titans.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 26, 2013
I just realized that I said musketeers were one of my favorites, but that was a mistake. What I meant to say was buccaneers and swashbucklers are my favorite. And yeah, I watched KV play the Stormzilla battle and I was cringing just thinking of what I would have to go through, then I found out that the latest update was in the Spring of 2014 which was after KV completed Mooshu; therefore, the fight only took me about 5 or 6 tries, but it was a grueling 5 or 6 tries. I agree it must have been pretty difficult without life fountains or companions and I sympathize. I'm just saying he's SUUUUUPER annoying to fight, either way :)

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 64 Harpy Slayer

Ensign
May 31, 2014
Cruel Owen Quarrel on May 13, 2015 wrote:
I just realized that I said musketeers were one of my favorites, but that was a mistake. What I meant to say was buccaneers and swashbucklers are my favorite. And yeah, I watched KV play the Stormzilla battle and I was cringing just thinking of what I would have to go through, then I found out that the latest update was in the Spring of 2014 which was after KV completed Mooshu; therefore, the fight only took me about 5 or 6 tries, but it was a grueling 5 or 6 tries. I agree it must have been pretty difficult without life fountains or companions and I sympathize. I'm just saying he's SUUUUUPER annoying to fight, either way :)

Cpt. Cruel Owen Quarrel, Level 64 Harpy Slayer
Really Stormzilla was so easy. I killed him in one try and barely lost any health. -Wolf

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Wolf on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:
Really Stormzilla was so easy. I killed him in one try and barely lost any health. -Wolf
And just when did you do this? Before or after KI changed the Stormzilla instance?

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
i gotta agree stormzilla was so fun and easy for me i quite enjoyed him and is one of my favorite parts of mooshu :) i started in Jan 2015 so kinda more noob still than anything lol
also i soloed hydra on my swash, had no glitching and was a fun challenge :)
cadmus in aquila, also fun, captain swing easy and fun, fort basset is a rush :)

O.o however, i CANNOT solo terra cotta floor in moo manchu tower :,( and i hate hate hate the steel resolve on those armada dragoons >.< also at level 15 the packs of buffaloons in cool ranch :/ gotta admit i hid after my companions got defeated and let my owl sort 'em out XD

still, i really feel Ki has done a wonderful job of balancing this game, and what you may hate on one school, you may find easy on another
stormy jen silver

Ensign
May 31, 2014
anecorbie on Jun 1, 2015 wrote:
And just when did you do this? Before or after KI changed the Stormzilla instance?
Well, when did they change it?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Wolf on Jun 2, 2015 wrote:
Well, when did they change it?
If you fought Stormzilla with the help of El Toro, Ratbeard, Bonnie Anne & Old Scratch; then you fought the newer instance ( which came in about 16 months ago? )
It is much, much easier now than it was when P101 started.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hi there King Wolf! You are not alone in this. I fought the original version of Stormzilla, as a Buccaneer, and have to admit that it was a really easy battle for me, with it only taking one try. I was quite surprised to hear that it was considered a much more challenging instance than it ended up being.

But that is the beauty of the game and being able to experience these instances with all 5 classes (well, not now for SZ-- since it has been changed). The original Stormzilla battle was extremely easy on my Buccaneer, but I'm sure some of my other classes may have had some difficulties with the Swollen 'Lizard', if they dealt with her solo. Just as some other bosses and instances are quite easy for 1 or 2 classes and much more difficult with the other classes. And then the roles get reversed for other bosses and instances. Keeps us on our toes.

But I do have to admit and agree with you (if you are in fact referring to the original, 'solo' version of Stormzilla), in that Ol' Stormy was full of hot air...at least when my Buccaneer faced her.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Yea the early stormzilla fight had so many rocket fists XD. It was like having a ton of sniper shots.

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013
Out all the enemies i hate to fight its the manticores in aquila they are so annoying and they cannot stop hitting! They do way too much damage and almost never misses. As a swashbuckler i almost never deal with any problems with any enemies in the game but those manticores are too much to handle they are responsible for killing my good companions a lot and they are the only enemies in aquila that killed me and my whole crew in a fight.