Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why does the witch class even exist? PVE only?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
I don't understand why the witch class even exists now. Is it meant for PVE only?

With the latest fall changes, we are completely useless in PVP. Now, with the fall champion weapon, any class can summon minions that are boosted by the beast banner. So what is special about witches? A few mojo storms? That we can cast with a spell boost and do some damage before getting charged and killed?

Other classes all have their advantages in PVP, but I am sorry to say, it is just getting worse and worse for witches. Why not make minions their specialty? Or instead of giving old scratch a spell boost to boost spell power for all classes, why not just increase witch's spell power. Whatever it is, I really don't see any advantages or great signature powers for witches in PVP. Sure I can make another class, but I have invested so much time (my only class atm) that I am reluctant to do so. For years I have been doing as many PVP matches as a witch than anyone else, and I have never seen our class as bad as it currently is in PVP.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
stormy quentin ver... on Sep 27, 2015 wrote:
I don't understand why the witch class even exists now. Is it meant for PVE only?

With the latest fall changes, we are completely useless in PVP. Now, with the fall champion weapon, any class can summon minions that are boosted by the beast banner. So what is special about witches? A few mojo storms? That we can cast with a spell boost and do some damage before getting charged and killed?

Other classes all have their advantages in PVP, but I am sorry to say, it is just getting worse and worse for witches. Why not make minions their specialty? Or instead of giving old scratch a spell boost to boost spell power for all classes, why not just increase witch's spell power. Whatever it is, I really don't see any advantages or great signature powers for witches in PVP. Sure I can make another class, but I have invested so much time (my only class atm) that I am reluctant to do so. For years I have been doing as many PVP matches as a witch than anyone else, and I have never seen our class as bad as it currently is in PVP.
I can understand your frustration, witch is my second favorite class but yeah, I dont pvp with it for the time being.

I'd say hang in there and dont give up on witches just yet, I think Ratbeard said he had something in stock for them (and privateer?)

It's just.. we dont know what or when :s

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

I recognize your frustration and sympathize. You're experiencing what all PVP SBs were feeling under the old broken Hide - nothing made us powerful, everyone had access to our Strikes.
Hang in there, and trust KI developers. Hopefully, it'll be something that will make other players complain about your "OP" powers

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010

I feel your pain. But, don't fret too much. Remember like a year or two ago when buccaneers were the worst class? They had nothing going for them. Their damage was weak and blade storm rank 3 was laughable. Now they're one of the best classes in game.
I'm pretty sure kingsisle has an idea to improve the witchdoctor class. Unfortunately, old scratch doesn't seem to be the way around it.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I may not spared that much as a witchdoctor, however it's really hard to win PVP with this class. Going against a strong class like or really need some skills. A close combat companion, would help to win against these class.

- Take care not to go too close, these class can do heavy damage on witchdoctors.Strong companions like Hawkules,Gorando,Bonnie Anne,Kanzi Yagie,Baar and El Toro is recommended. Hakules can use multiple damage and use defense, while El Toro can use heavy damage and often hit multiple times.Bonnie can sweep in a long distance. Then use Hoodoo powers after using a will boosting buff. That's a usual weakness,most bucanners in my opinon, have low magic restiance.

-Now this is tricky,if possiable use a gear that grant traps.Then use a companion with a lot of health and can do alot of damage examples like El Toro, Gorando and Wayngu. Again take care,not get too close this class can do the most damage of any class and often have relentless.

I have not spared other witchdoctors,musketeers and privateers yet.

Until then best of luck.