Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Old Scratch makes dungeons boring

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Nevermind nobody understands, I'm done with this.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Silver Angel on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
Is it really a matter of nobody understanding or you not getting the answers that you wanted? If you think his buffs make dungeons boring then either don't use Old Scratch's Mojo buffs or just don't use him entirely. Why should the game be changed just because a few disgruntled players don't want to think outside of the box?

Lieutenant
Jun 29, 2011
I don't understand what we don't understand. Is it that you want KI to install a difficulty adjustment system into Pirate101? That's not happening. Is it that you want Old Scratch to go back to the trashy piece of wasted potential he was before? That's not happening. Is it that you want people to actually listen to every single one of your complaints just because you are complaining? That's not happening.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
flash33 on Oct 30, 2015 wrote:
Is it really a matter of nobody understanding or you not getting the answers that you wanted? If you think his buffs make dungeons boring then either don't use Old Scratch's Mojo buffs or just don't use him entirely. Why should the game be changed just because a few disgruntled players don't want to think outside of the box?
People comment on stuffs I already talked about and suggest what I already stated isnt for me, so either people dont read what I write or they dont understand.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
Silver,

I'm honestly sorry that you feel as though nobody understands, even though I do agree that Old Scratch should not have his buffs reverted. But you must realize that Kingsisle, lets make that any game company for that matter, won't bend their backs because one person complained. It is obvious that if Old Scratch did have his buff reverted, Kingsisle would get some major heat. I'm sorry to say but this argument is fruitless, and I suggest you and others walk away from this.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
Ratbeard on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
You DO realize this is a game designed for kids to be able to beat, right? It's like Babe Ruth complaining about all the home runs he's racking up in the tee-ball league.

Well, at any rate, I just spent about 30 seconds thinking about how "new content" might handle this disaster:

1) Mobs, bosses, or even entire battleboards with Purge/Drain Magic.

2) Some Charms to turn your buffed companions against you.

3) A reflection effect that turns spells back on the caster.

4) A "Mojo Burn" power that deals damage to the target based on the target's Spell Power. (You can almost guarantee this one...)

And on and on we could go-- but it's probably best not to spend too much time thinking about evil ways to challenge players. (Christmas is coming and Krampus is watching.)

In the short term, it's a problem that solves itself. If it's bothering you, stop using Old Scratch.

We don't let a heckler's veto prevent us from making cool new toys for other people to enjoy.
O.O Ratbeard is dropping hints at new content, test realm incoming?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Rachel Dreamsong on Nov 4, 2015 wrote:
O.O Ratbeard is dropping hints at new content, test realm incoming?
No, that's just him dreaming up ways to counter Old Scratch. Notice he said "I just spent 30 seconds about how new content might handle this disaster"
This new content may be added later but I'm sure its not coming soon.

Ensign
Aug 13, 2010
I am all for these Ratbeard-proposed drawbacks to the whole Mojo problem. I also have another suggestion just in case: Only one player can use a named Companion at a time. If a player enters a battle with no Companions other than the named ones, let him or her enter with less (or zero) and have others enter with more to even it out.

In any case, he is right; this is a kid's game, so even if a small group of folks find out a way to "cheat the system", I mean ... In the end, what's it matter? There's no Tier 18 Raid to beat within a certain allowed timeframe for some sort of prestige or whatever. I do have some concerns that maybe this simple formula shouldn't be a safe way to play through the rest of the game, but as Ratbeard already said, he's got that covered, and not to brown-nose, but I have faith in him.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
stormyjensilverdra... on Oct 29, 2015 wrote:
decorate your house, make new friends, listen to anercrombie when she says if you click team up and prefer not to try old scratch, dont let anybody else push you around! i choose not to use gracie 99% and trust me people get shocked XD but yes, game should and will be more fun if you try different approaches to things...Old Scratch has now gotten a unique helpful much needed update..as one of the original main storyline crew members he more than deserved it..otherwise he'd still be collecting snacks for most of us..this game is expanding quickly a new breeze is in the air..people need to stay hopeful and excited..goodies are coming..in the meantime if all of you would please comment and consider the idea thread i posted about us having a pirate kiosk? i think it might help the moo regatta team up issues as well..
in the meantime i for one am VERY excited with winter coming and wizards in test realm.. pirate might get a turn soon :3 since we still have to share test servers..wiz and pirate take turns..thus anybody got any good ideas about constructive things that could/would help pirates...PLEASE please post..I cant stress this enough..want weapons on wall? post it...want larger gold maximum? post it..want a golden chicken pet? post it..want a companion that looks like my mother? post it..lolol was just checking if you were paying attention lol
keep ya chin up :D smile more be nice to each other make friends try new things this weekend i will be in the morph tent though my poor friends list is full :/ i can still group and go..
stormy jen silver
p.s. Happy Birthday to Chrissy the Blesser!
Aww thank you. I had a lovely birthday thanks to all the well wishes from all my online family.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Nov 4, 2015 wrote:
No, that's just him dreaming up ways to counter Old Scratch. Notice he said "I just spent 30 seconds about how new content might handle this disaster"
Well, I hope the new content to come won't be way far too difficult for us all to do solo and/or team. I like the new content to be a bit more challenging, yet remain appropriately challenging enough to us all.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
Well, I hope the new content to come won't be way far too difficult for us all to do solo and/or team. I like the new content to be a bit more challenging, yet remain appropriately challenging enough to us all.
Hasn't everything been well balanced with appropriate challenges up till now? Have faith in Ratbeard and the devs of KI!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 10, 2015 wrote:
Hasn't everything been well balanced with appropriate challenges up till now? Have faith in Ratbeard and the devs of KI!
Well said and a hearty YAR!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I know. Thanks for your encouragements of faith, Chrissy & Anecorbie. It always makes me feel better.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Willowydream on Oct 26, 2015 wrote:
Exactly!

Patient - "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." Doctor - "Well, don't do that."

That's different. I like the pain.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Ratbeard on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
You DO realize this is a game designed for kids to be able to beat, right? It's like Babe Ruth complaining about all the home runs he's racking up in the tee-ball league.

Well, at any rate, I just spent about 30 seconds thinking about how "new content" might handle this disaster:

1) Mobs, bosses, or even entire battleboards with Purge/Drain Magic.

2) Some Charms to turn your buffed companions against you.

3) A reflection effect that turns spells back on the caster.

4) A "Mojo Burn" power that deals damage to the target based on the target's Spell Power. (You can almost guarantee this one...)

And on and on we could go-- but it's probably best not to spend too much time thinking about evil ways to challenge players. (Christmas is coming and Krampus is watching.)

In the short term, it's a problem that solves itself. If it's bothering you, stop using Old Scratch.

We don't let a heckler's veto prevent us from making cool new toys for other people to enjoy.
How tantalizing...

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 27, 2015 wrote:
Hehehe, I love it when you reveal your nefarious side, Ratbeard Bring it on, make us scream for mercy!
I wrote my reply to him before seeing yours here.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
TheHoodooQueen on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
The real problem isn't Scratch here, why can't you do dungeons on your own? After taking a few minutes to analyze the situation, disregarding Moo, Regatta, and SA, why can't you do certain dungeons on your own? I mean, your so called "problem" is solved, you don't have to use Scratch and you get a leisurely stroll through each dungeon. Start depending on yourself, rather than others.
There is some merit to this and I do promote the solo but sometimes its fun to just be with others too.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Oct 28, 2015 wrote:
1. I never ask anyone to use or not use a certain companion - this is being 'bossy' and players rightfully resent it. However if I'm asked ( as has happened frequently in the tower ) "What companion do you think I should use?" only then will I give a suggestion.
2. Not everyone is using fast combat because their computers seem to not be able to handle it. I never ask people to turn on fast combat for this reason.
I have a different take on the Scratch situation, last night I was playing my WD and Daring Diego ( otherwise known as Fearless Finnigan ) joined me also in our group was Corrupt Lucas Vries and Virtuous Dante Ramses . It was agreed that we all would use Old Scratch - and we had a blast! I was enjoying the damage I could do with a single Mojo Storm, we were all laughing and enjoying ourselves and there was no stopping us; 45 - 48 minutes for a complete run! Unheard of!
I didn't even get to have dinner with Faye! Dinner wasn't done yet!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
anecorbie on Nov 4, 2015 wrote:
I wonder how many evil things he can come up with in an hour..........must leave before hero worship kicks in......

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
But people were complaining how horrible witch companions were. Now this one is better.....

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Sep 26, 2011
I sort of agree with angel on this. I got Valor's armor to absorb 4000+ DAMAGE. That is a little overpowered. At least balance it a little. Make Scratch himself less powerful or remove one of the buffs. Just to balance it. It is pretty overpowered in my opinion.