Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pack sale!!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Hey guys! It has been a LONG time since I started a topic, but here goes!

I figured that this could be a nice topic to help others see that the packs ARE giving good stuff out during the sale. Please post what you got from the Tribal Crew Pack and the Beastmaster Pack! With the 26000 Crowns I had stockpiled over the past few months, I splurged and was able to hook myself my 4th bear! I got Laarn! Right before I got him, I said to myself that I would never buy a pack again if I got a GOOD bear.....and I got what most people consider to be the WORST bear possible! So, time to start saving Crowns again!

But in a way, Laarn isn't that bad. Since he has Feeding Frenzy, I don't need to worry about healing him as much as my other companions, which is a great relief! In summary, I now have 4 bears: Baar, Gohr, Khord, and Laarn!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
warriorscreed on Jan 28, 2016 wrote:

I figured that this could be a nice topic to help others see that the packs ARE giving good stuff out during the sale. Please post what you got from the Tribal Crew Pack and the Beastmaster Pack! With the 26000 Crowns I had stockpiled over the past few months, I splurged and was able to hook myself my 4th bear! I got Laarn! Right before I got him, I said to myself that I would never buy a pack again if I got a GOOD bear.....and I got what most people consider to be the WORST bear possible! So, time to start saving Crowns again!

But in a way, Laarn isn't that bad. Since he has Feeding Frenzy, I don't need to worry about healing him as much as my other companions, which is a great relief! In summary, I now have 4 bears: Baar, Gohr, Khord, and Laarn!
( Is soooo very jealous ) I'm truly happy for you, though. Good Luck in getting the rest of the pack!

Admiral
May 30, 2010

Laarn is a very good bear. I quite like my Laarn(s), and don't see what others have against him. In fact, I find all the bears to be very useful, just as the dinos are.

Good luck getting the other bears!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012

Once again, I will say this. If ANYONE has gotten good drops from either the dino pack or the bear pack, let everyone know! There's a lot of hate about how the packs are being very protective of the companion drops, but hopefully, telling people that there ARE companions dropping will help those players regain faith in trying their luck out!

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
Nice! I only got: Baar, Khord, and Laarn.
I totally agree that Laarn is really good on my Privateer. Give him a Battle Zeal with a Rallying Call and he is really good!
I have a question though. I'm curious about this: Can you get the same Bear that you already have again? Or is it swapped out with another bear?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Merciless Richard ... on Jan 31, 2016 wrote:
I totally agree that Laarn is really good on my Privateer. Give him a Battle Zeal with a Rallying Call and he is really good!
I have a question though. I'm curious about this: Can you get the same Bear that you already have again? Or is it swapped out with another bear?
You can't have more than one Bear or Dino of the same name. I don't believe the pack would allow that ( I'm sure there's a code in place to prevent this ). If the RNG chooses a companion, it will be a different companion.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Not on the same pirate, no. I don't know if they swap out the bear, give you training points (those do show up occasionally in the Grizzly packs) or you're just out of luck.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
From what I can tell, Baar has his own slot. So if you get a second Baar pull, you get 5 training tomes instead. As for the others, yes, they are swapped out with other bears as you get them.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Nothing cool out of the packs this time around for me, so far.

Richard, I think if your pirate hits a companion he or she already has, you receive training tomes instead. Two different pirates on the same account can receive the same companion, though.

-Indigo

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
You cannot get the same bear twice, I know this much, as you cannot get 2 of the same companion. I assume it works like this: It calculates whether or not you get an epic drop (from the pack), and then picks from the available bears (the ones you do not have) to give to you.

Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 31, 2016 wrote:
You can't have more than one Bear or Dino of the same name. I don't believe the pack would allow that ( I'm sure there's a code in place to prevent this ). If the RNG chooses a companion, it will be a different companion.
Oh thanks! Was just curious if that could've happened to anyone.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
You won't belive what I got from the dino pack, it's a dino companion,I got him as a . He is a , it was from a free pack. I hope I get a second bear companion,for a pack opening,if lucky I may get Baar or bear guy.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yesterday I decided to try my luck and bought a game card ( $20 = 10,000 c ) of that !0,000 c I have 50 c left over. What did I get? A bunch of pet furniture, housing and pets which I don't use or have multiples of. NOT one companion! But I know my luck sucks when it comes to packs, time to take the left over 50 c and use it on an SCC and waste it all ( my luck on SCC is similar to the packs ).
I'm not giving up, though!