Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

What do you like about marleybone?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 05, 2016
What do You like about MB? The companions, the fights or the design? I like L.t springer and the challenging fights.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
I really like the war room for some weird reason
My only complaint about the whole of MB is that we didn't participate in any serious land fights against the armada and it was all land based

Ensign
Feb 06, 2010
I really enjoy the music in Marleybone. It always gives me a sense of importance and danger. The lighting makes it good too, it's dark and mysterious. Or, it's the fact that it's super cloudy in Britain :P

Petty Officer
Aug 06, 2015
The main thing I like about MB isn't even in the storyline. It's when we do Ratbeard final promotion when you meet Ebeneezer Scrooge. Every time he says "Bah! Humbug!", it cracks me up

Ensign
Jul 02, 2016
SuperPirate893 on Jun 9, 2016 wrote:
What do You like about MB? The companions, the fights or the design? I like L.t springer and the challenging fights.
Yeah, MB is pretty cool there is many classes () I don't know why but i like the pickpocket's or whatever it is lair, I'm expecting some quest there

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Everything! I means what's not to love, the people, the buildings, the war zone, and just the fact that we get to cause trouble for the Armada. Some of my personal favorites are Beachhead, The Isle of Fetch, The wreck of the Victory, pretty much all the side quests, and just about everything else! All of my Pirates have this Marleybone as their Origin World so I don't know I might be a bit biased but in my opinion Marleybone is one of the best worlds in the game and I hope we see some expansions onto it in the future.

Ensign
Jul 12, 2014
I really like admiral Nelson because I like the name and the fighting position he is in and a like me

Ensign
Jul 04, 2013
Themagerhonor on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:
The main thing I like about MB isn't even in the storyline. It's when we do Ratbeard final promotion when you meet Ebeneezer Scrooge. Every time he says "Bah! Humbug!", it cracks me up
My favorite parts were Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard's promotion quests.

I've adored Bonnie Anne since I first met her on Skull Island. When I played through as a Swashbuckler she was running by my side every step of the way. She's easily my favorite companion. So I truly cherished the chance to learn her backstory. You learn her real name. You meet her brother and see her moral conflict about dealing with him. Also there's the historical significance of Guy Fox/Guy Fawkes wanting to blow up the city a la the Gunpowder Plot of 1605. I spent the days following this promotion quest memorizing the V Speech from V for Vendetta.

And then there's Ratbeard's promotion quest. That was just a lot of fun. I knew we were in "England" but I never expected to perform a pirate version of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol. Yes, Lasko, brilliant plan,. the best way to convince this old miser to chance his ways is to break into his house and haunt him while pretending to be ghosts. The sheer ridiculousness of the situation had me laughing the entire time. And the fact that Bonnie Anne - the most rational member of my crew - was the first one to 'haunt' Scrooge in her super-convincing role of the Ghost of Days Gone Past... had me in stitches. "It's for the children!" Easily the most fun side quest in the game.

Ensign
Jul 04, 2013
Themagerhonor on Aug 4, 2016 wrote:
I agree. Ratbeard and Bonnie Anne's promotion quests were the best part of this world.

Ratbeard's was just so silly I could help laughing. I enjoyed doing the pirate-style retelling of that classic story that I've known since I was a kid. My favorite bit was Bonnie Anne's super-convincing performance as a ghost. She was once the most rational member of my crew... I guess dealing with Ratbeard and El Toro for so long finally got to her. This was probably my favorite side quest.

And then where was Bonnie Anne's promotion quest. She's been my favorite companion and has been running beside my swashbuckler since Day 1. It was great to have a chance to learn more of her backstory. After completing this quest I spent that next two days memorizing the V Speech from that movie V for Vulpine is based off of.

(Is this better Mods? Please excuse my previous post. I'm still learning the lay of the land here)

Ensign
Nov 23, 2011
Because I'm more of an artsy person, I like it because of the realism to it.

Why?
The war, the sad children that you see begging on the streets ( though I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one that pays attention to them anyways ), the facts that the people you're helping still do bad things ( look down on the albinos ) because face it, nobody is perfect and nothing is 100% rosey sweet.

I like the way it brings real problems in and makes you aware of that. Just because it's also for kids doesn't mean it has to hide the truth. It's not bad either, because you end up saving a lot of people. I was a bit sad when I first came, but happy coming out of that world.

Because they make up for that sadness with a great positivity at the end.

It had a brilliant and fun storyline. Kings isle deserves every last drop of credit for that world!

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
There is SO much to love about Marleybone! The atmosphere is perfect for a world at war, the music is beautiful, and the visuals are stunning. Beach Head and the Battle of Tralfagar are some of my favorite parts of the game, and getting to go head to head with Bishop and Rooke is the icing on the cake. The story is well written, the puppet show is beautiful, what's not to love?

Petty Officer
Jul 13, 2013
bishop I love bishop I can't stop watching the puppetshow I love bishop

also what is cadiz a marine says he'll arrest me and take me there what IS CAAAAAADDDDDIIIIIIZZZZZZ

Lieutenant
Jul 18, 2016
Ahoy, my fellow pirates, Stormy Elijah Silver here with some interesting news. The thing I love most about Marleybone is how fun the world is. I will explain. The fun part is that the quests aren't busy work like Cool Ranch and better yet, you start Marleybone with an epic boss (Bishop) and end with an epic boss (Rooke). What could possibly be better than starting with a big boss and ending with a big boss? Also, the companions in Marleybone are top notch and really cool. If you ask me, I bought Bagha Khan (The Tiger Auxiliary) on my Witchdoctor because he looks really cool. I also use Lieutenant Springer a lot on my main Swashbuckler pirate because he looks cool and he's super strong. Also, that music in Marleybone is terrifying. I like it a lot. It really helps drive the plot forward and gives me a sense of adventure and excitement. The only thing I was sad about in Marleybone was that it was too short. You start with Bishop and before you know it, you defeated Rooke and busted Catbeard out of jail. I'd definitely want to return to Marleybone in future updates as Kingsisle adds more worlds to Pirate101. Perhaps an Albion skyway with various class restricted fox companions? That'd be so fun. Anyways, I'll throw the bone over to my fellow pirates in the message boards who are reading this. It's your turn. What do you guys like best about Marleybone? Thanks for reading and best of luck to all my fellow pirates out there!

Sincerely,
Stormy Elijah Silver
Level 70 Swashbuckler

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
beachhead was great, but mostly because I'm a starwars fan hah.
Anne's promotion was great, I have a feeling her next may deal with him again.
Thrashing The General of the Armada was probably my favorite, though.

Ensign
Oct 17, 2016
I love how modern Marleybone is

-Scarlet Devereaux ~Level 53 Buccaneer~
-Esmerelda Devereaux ~Level 7 Swashbuckler~
-Isabella Devereaux ~Level 1 Witchdoctor~

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Welcome to the Message Boards, Scarlet!

I probably like the War Room to role play, the Glass House, and of course, the (drum roll, please) COURTROOM!

Catbeard: I never doubted you!

And, of course, the characters and the dialogue.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 10 Musketeer

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I agree with so many of the posts here. I want to add about how lovely the skyway is there in the moonlight, and the interesting buildings, sewers, and fun amusement pier.

Ensign
Jan 18, 2013
There's so many things to like about Marleybone....in both Wizard and Pirate. In Pirate, I love the all the houses lined up in the Isle of Dogs. Something about the music, plus the fog and warm lights gives a mysterious, mystical vibe to it, and it's amazing. It's like you'll never know what you're going to find around one of the corners. The colors are just really really pretty! It's so *aesthetically pleasing*.