Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Difficulty Level of Valencia Part 2 Too High

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
Now I am not a bad player. I do fairly well at PVP, I've rarely had trouble with soloing the game, I beat the Hydra without losing a single companion and without a doubloon or crown used, and I've even made it fairly far up the Nefarious Tower on my own. When I was first going through this new book I expected there to be some difficulty, as there always is at the beginning, but it quickly became evident to me that this was nearly impossible. I've managed to solo this new world up to the Wine Cellar dungeon, but then I got absolutely devastated. I started this after already losing Bonnie Anne, Hawkules, and Contessa Argento to previous battles, and within the first battle I lost Fan Flanders and Subodai, was knocked out myself, and barely pulled through with Zeena, at less than a hundred remaining HP, pulling off a chain of epics. In the second round a single buccaneer enemy moved across the board, and took out me, Sarah Steele, and Zeena on his own before I'd even had a chance to have my team attack, and the rest of the enemies finished off Ratbeard quickly. This is insane. I should not be able to lose in the first round of a standard mob fight before I can even get my companions boosted enough to attack. I stood no chance at this at all, and now I have eight wounded companions, all with seven hour plus bed rest times, and my chances only get worse as I move down my list of companions. I don't like to complain about difficulty, but I feel that this is supremely unfair to players and it needs to be dialed down just a bit.
Clever Sam Jones

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Clever Sam Jones on Jun 18, 2016 wrote:
Now I am not a bad player. I do fairly well at PVP, I've rarely had trouble with soloing the game, I beat the Hydra without losing a single companion and without a doubloon or crown used, and I've even made it fairly far up the Nefarious Tower on my own. When I was first going through this new book I expected there to be some difficulty, as there always is at the beginning, but it quickly became evident to me that this was nearly impossible. I've managed to solo this new world up to the Wine Cellar dungeon, but then I got absolutely devastated. I started this after already losing Bonnie Anne, Hawkules, and Contessa Argento to previous battles, and within the first battle I lost Fan Flanders and Subodai, was knocked out myself, and barely pulled through with Zeena, at less than a hundred remaining HP, pulling off a chain of epics. In the second round a single buccaneer enemy moved across the board, and took out me, Sarah Steele, and Zeena on his own before I'd even had a chance to have my team attack, and the rest of the enemies finished off Ratbeard quickly. This is insane. I should not be able to lose in the first round of a standard mob fight before I can even get my companions boosted enough to attack. I stood no chance at this at all, and now I have eight wounded companions, all with seven hour plus bed rest times, and my chances only get worse as I move down my list of companions. I don't like to complain about difficulty, but I feel that this is supremely unfair to players and it needs to be dialed down just a bit.
Clever Sam Jones
I see perfectly what you're saying from your description of your achievements pre-Valencia, it seems you had a set team and set strategy ; its time to innovate, mate!
Change up who you're using, try something more than fog 'n charge, maybe think of using more musketeer companions?
You know that those enemy in the Trigante cellars have FS3, so you won't be "wasting" fog if you use that time for every shield and buff you have.
Throw out a few doubloon summons for them to beat on, while you prepare.
I had no problem with Trigante - I expected to lose a few companions, I did side quests to boost my level and my companions levels. ( I got to level 68 ) The battle was fairly easy ( of course Fan and Toro went on bed rest, they are both squishy and the AI knows this ) but I had other crew members ready and waiting to fill in.
In other words, it's not that hard, try again after bed rest, try new strategies, try using musketeers - Bonnie and Zeena may do the trick, even Buffalo Bill could do it!

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
I solo'd the entire way through except the machine where you fight Kane.

I recommend simply choosing not to buff and going for a solid attack and taking out one of them in the first turn, which is what I did when I was facing enemies who would attack me the first turn. Adjustments is key, along with decisions when in battle in Valencia P2. Remember, anything is possible.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Clever Sam Jones on Jun 18, 2016 wrote:
Clever Sam Jones
The first part that I couldn't stand was the royal guards guys.
Buccaneers with assassins strike? They killed all of my guys in a round.
I'm currently on the clock works thing, got to the final battle, died in 2 rounds because the armada guys spammed epics, Kan po wouldn't be useful at all.

If they could tone the criticals a bit, It'd be a bit easier, but not too easy that you fly through it like Cool Ranch is.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
This is SUPPOSED to push us to and beyond our limits. This is the end of arc one! Plus, after realizing Valencia part II was not going to breeze by, I started changing up my strategy and have benefited because of it. At first, I didn't like the difficulty, but I now realize it's making me think more and not just throw my companions into battle.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I know Valencia 2 is challenging, in my opinion brute strength alone is not enough as a .Try to use more guile(smarter) approach, like if you have the talent use blood's flame for traps or Moo Manchu's terracotta army for help , in my opinion Valencian opponents are smarter than any opponents I have came across so far.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I found it challenging, but doable. And yes, you are going to have some companions go down. I think most of us have sort of been in a rut, in terms of tactics and equipment. I know I had been doing the same thing when farming these last couple of years. This chapter made me rethink my tactics and had me on my toes, which is good, good good. I enjoyed it.

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
I know I'll get blasted by the yes-men for my response.

The epics, over and over and over again are too much. When a team doesn't even have a chance in the first round or is decimated in the second round .... it doesn't matter what COMPANIONS you have chosen, they are dead before you can do anything at all.

Some battles go a bit easier, but many times, those enemy epics go off with such force, that an entire team can die from one-hit wonders.

I would say the enemy criticals need to be dialed down. Definitely.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
BrynnerOfReign on Jun 23, 2016 wrote:

The epics, over and over and over again are too much. When a team doesn't even have a chance in the first round or is decimated in the second round .... it doesn't matter what COMPANIONS you have chosen, they are dead before you can do anything at all.

Some battles go a bit easier, but many times, those enemy epics go off with such force, that an entire team can die from one-hit wonders.

When you have the same number of epics with the same chance of them triggering, nerfing the enemy makes for a dull and boring update.
Are you entering dungeons with under leveled companions? Are they 2 levels under yours? Is your level appropriate to the dungeon?
If you're seeing enemies in orange or even purple, you should consider revaluating your pirate and crew.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
"When a team doesn't even have a chance in the first round or is decimated in the second round .... it doesn't matter what COMPANIONS you have chosen, they are dead before you can do anything at all."

Not sure what is going on there. Even initially in the test realm, before it was toned down a bit, my people weren't doing that badly. And certainly with the adjusted difficulty I don't usually have more than one companion go down.

-Indigo

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
anecorbie on Jun 23, 2016 wrote:
When you have the same number of epics with the same chance of them triggering, nerfing the enemy makes for a dull and boring update.
Are you entering dungeons with under leveled companions? Are they 2 levels under yours? Is your level appropriate to the dungeon?
If you're seeing enemies in orange or even purple, you should consider revaluating your pirate and crew.
1. The Marleybone and Aquila updates were fun for me, and one ophidian/radical didn't have like 10 powers ( or powers that could decimate you in a single turn; ex. assassin's strike + valencian enemies current critical rating) Also the enemies getting nerfed makes for a boring update in your opinion, not everyone's.

2. Most people here have farmed nefarious tower and have gotten plenty of their companions to max level, and one of the royal guards 2 shot my Peter Quint with a super hit and a epic strike (and buccaneers are supposed to be tanks.)Also level 65, what my level was, 66 was a very appropriate level for the Duomo.

3. If you are a witchdoctor, musketeer, or privateer you WILL see enemies in Valencia part 2 that have purple nametags(even if you can get the best gear available, plus the tags YOU see does not apply to your crew. ( a privateer couldn't 1v1 the enemies here, but their Bonnie/Marchioness/Egg Shen can.

Petty William Zipman - level 70
Morgan Freeman - Level 63

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
If you're a squishy ranged unit such as witch utilize your approach epics and aoes to mop up enemies. Utilize your summons as distractions and make careful decisions with your positioning.

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?59223-Lucci-Villa-Solo-Hybrid-witchdoctor-and-all-witch-team

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
qwerty78202 on Jun 25, 2016 wrote:
1. The Marleybone and Aquila updates were fun for me, and one ophidian/radical didn't have like 10 powers ( or powers that could decimate you in a single turn; ex. assassin's strike + valencian enemies current critical rating) Also the enemies getting nerfed makes for a boring update in your opinion, not everyone's.

2. Most people here have farmed nefarious tower and have gotten plenty of their companions to max level, and one of the royal guards 2 shot my Peter Quint with a super hit and a epic strike (and buccaneers are supposed to be tanks.)Also level 65, what my level was, 66 was a very appropriate level for the Duomo.

3. If you are a witchdoctor, musketeer, or privateer you WILL see enemies in Valencia part 2 that have purple nametags(even if you can get the best gear available, plus the tags YOU see does not apply to your crew. ( a privateer couldn't 1v1 the enemies here, but their Bonnie/Marchioness/Egg Shen can.

Petty William Zipman - level 70
Morgan Freeman - Level 63
1. Marleybonian and Aquilan mobs were way too easy, most battles I have with them end with me and my companions at green health while all the enemies are dead. Too easy.
2. Yes and what does your Peter dying have to do with farming the nefarious tower? Last I checked, companions can't equip gear.
3. I noticed that too when I was questing, I was a bit confused by it but it did not mean I wasn't powerful enough to fight them, my musketeer and witchdoctor are much more op than Chantal and Mormo. Plus, my privy can viscious charge to reduce their accuracy to make it easier for my other companions to dodge. And Bonnie does this with her overwatch also

Lvl 70
Lvl 66

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
For me Valencia 2 is not double the difficulty of Aquila, it's 5 times the difficulty. I did struggle a lot in the world, what was the most embarrassing defeat was the Great Machine dungeon. I did mine solo and could not even past the first wave, I even tired using a for long range attack. 4 tires later, playing the chest board was hard. I was surprise how much Rook become very powerful he was, not to mention how unbalanced the battle was. Really,one hit KO when queen super hit. No wonder, it's difficult to finish the zone solo. I really need to train my companions more to the max, even that might not be enough.

I guess it's time to farm some boss weapons,even it takes 16 or more times.

1.Train companion to max
2. Farm for boss gear
3. Don't stand in one spot for too long, in battle
4. Use traps,if needed like Blood's flame
5. Don't give up,try again like replay a dungeon in Valencia 2, replay Diskilos or the quarry in Aquila or go to the Moo Manchu tower with friends in Moo Shu.

That's the 5 tip to beat Valencia 2 solo.

Petty Officer
Dec 20, 2012
Adam Wintersinger on Jul 10, 2016 wrote:
1. Marleybonian and Aquilan mobs were way too easy, most battles I have with them end with me and my companions at green health while all the enemies are dead. Too easy.
2. Yes and what does your Peter dying have to do with farming the nefarious tower? Last I checked, companions can't equip gear.
3. I noticed that too when I was questing, I was a bit confused by it but it did not mean I wasn't powerful enough to fight them, my musketeer and witchdoctor are much more op than Chantal and Mormo. Plus, my privy can viscious charge to reduce their accuracy to make it easier for my other companions to dodge. And Bonnie does this with her overwatch also

Lvl 70
Lvl 66
Anecorbie was asking multple quests in one sentence. i was saying, most everyone has gotton their companions to max because they were doing manchu runs. She also asked if the companions you have were underleveled, i said my pete wasnt. Pete has good armor and health. i never said Pete could equip gear. The last question i meant for your pirate alone, without bonnie or any companions.

Ensign
Aug 15, 2012
First of all, the only actual hard part was the throne room. And the first battle may be hard because it was the first battle in VALENCIA II. Whenever you discover a new world, it is always hard! If you still find VALENCIA II hard after the Throne Room, I suppose you train or maybe your companions need higher levels. VALENCIA II is not hard once you get used to it. Especially the final battle with Kane. Good Luck!

Ensign
Jul 12, 2014
Spoiler warning this is a about Valencia part 2

Note I did not learn this on my own I looked at youtube and found about the cheating bosses so be sure to support Alexander lionheart it state the fact I say

First of all this area is suppose to be extremely hard because Kane at the end will wreck you
trust me this dude can do huge amounts of damage so be careful this one can be hard Plus some people might call him a cheating boss for the reason of the queen and Kane for one you kinda might not count Queen as a cheating boss but the marines could count for the reason that if they reach the to the end of the board the turn into a queen.
Next it Kane this boss is a bad one he doesn't lie about how advanced he then your pirate he upgrade certain move like from you know how they have reckless frezeny well deadly frezeny is the same except that he doesn't take damage and from kings castle (it would appear it works on only Rooke)but it still bad this will result
as in Kane coming towards you near the person to hurt Rooke.

The best thing to do would be using blood flame from cool ranch captain blood drop and moves
This is my best thing on Kane

Ensign
Jun 12, 2016
I feel like speaking gibberish.

You know, there isn't anything wrong with Valencia being a tough lady to work past. Oh, what a horrible metaphor.
Anyways, I heard that aquila was kind of easy, so when a game just ramps up in difficulty, it's called a difficulty spike, and people don't like that, because they want to get gud without intentionally horrible spelling.

Signed:

Who gives a penny

Petty Officer
Aug 06, 2015
I have not been in valencia pt 2 yet but from what i hear, its extremely difficult. Can someone give me tips? I am lvl 62 privateer in aquila.

Ensign
May 16, 2011
BrynnerOfReign on Jun 23, 2016 wrote:

I totally agree, it's way too tweeked! Definitely need to not have guys who attack with only critical, super, etc..., it seems that is all they have. lolol What a joke, I'm very dis-appointed with new world.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Themagerhonor on Jul 26, 2016 wrote:
I have not been in valencia pt 2 yet but from what i hear, its extremely difficult. Can someone give me tips? I am lvl 62 privateer in aquila.
I must admit my privateer is having more trouble than my witchdoctor and musketeer did. Summoning doubloons, teaming up with another pirate, and a good pet are going to be essential. Re-thinking tactics, judging whether to stick together or spread out, is going to be really important due to First Strike, Blade Storm and Relentless.

The enemies are getting talents we already have, and they are using them against us. They aren't as limited as those we saw in Aquila. It's much more like entering the Smuggler's Arena, so if you know someone who owns that, or can buy it yourself, give it a try.

First Mate
Dec 24, 2009
Frankly I didn't find Valencia II to be all the tough. Besides the dungeon we sprang Gazpaccio from, I never lost a significant amount of companions. Even Gazpaccio dungeon only left me short about 3-4 companions. I soloed the entire thing, save The Machine. It took me all of about 4 days.

I do agree these enemies get a lot of critical hits, and the powers can do a significant amount of damage. However it's a nice little balancing(not really a good word for it, but I don't really have a better word) after we've been able to get away with our insane damage while they sit there powerless(so to speak) and try to whack us till we fall. And if you're a swashbuckler, well then it was almost a joke leading up to Valencia II because your dodge was so high and you had powers that did crazy amounts of damage that didn't need to bother with accuracy checks.

It certainly puts me in the mood to try some Smuggler's Arena again. I can't imagine how beneficial it will be to bring Blast of Discord into the Arena.

Fearless Dolan Grant lvl 70

Ensign
Jun 27, 2016
The final Kane encounter is crazy hard. I am a level 70 witch doctor that managed to solo through most of the game. All my companions are level 70 or higher. I have tried the final Kane encounter several times. I even went through my companions and 11 henchmen (I checked my crown history) and still was defeated at the very end with Kane doing his immune and the queen at about 25%
I don't understand how this is supposed to be fun? 2 or 3 companions are wiped out each round, there is no time for healing them or buffing them, buccaneers and privateers can be at full health and defeated in one turn. More squishy classes it only takes a couple swings from Kane's crew members and they are down.

I like the game but that final encounter is ridiculous. I am only complaining now because KingsIsle is bringing out more content that covers "after Kane is defeated".

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Hoodoo300 on Oct 8, 2016 wrote:
The final Kane encounter is crazy hard. I am a level 70 witch doctor that managed to solo through most of the game. All my companions are level 70 or higher. I have tried the final Kane encounter several times. I even went through my companions and 11 henchmen (I checked my crown history) and still was defeated at the very end with Kane doing his immune and the queen at about 25%
I don't understand how this is supposed to be fun? 2 or 3 companions are wiped out each round, there is no time for healing them or buffing them, buccaneers and privateers can be at full health and defeated in one turn. More squishy classes it only takes a couple swings from Kane's crew members and they are down.

I like the game but that final encounter is ridiculous. I am only complaining now because KingsIsle is bringing out more content that covers "after Kane is defeated".
Did you try to solo this? Use team up, you'll find it's much easier. Throughout this game this is the only main quest dungeon that I would recommend players to team up to complete.