Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Retreads of Champion Weapons?

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I have been asked to make this post by a friend of mine; who can't access the message boards. He tells me that he and other champions are disgruntled by the fact that the Summer season champion weapons are the same as last year's.
Now, I can see why KI should choose to do this - they have had a busy year preparing for the release of Valencia 2 and also, reusing these weapons allows new PVP-ers a chance to get these weapons. But the fact is there isn't much incentive for former champions to try to get these weapons. They already have them. There is also disappointment that there are no new badges for champions, many of whom have won this rank in all seasons.
Therefore, I humbly ask KI to perhaps implement a badge for those champions who have won consistently every season.
I suggest "All Season Champion 2015 - 2016". This will do much to make these PVP-ers happy.
And next year please add some new weapons.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
anecorbie on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
I have been asked to make this post by a friend of mine; who can't access the message boards. He tells me that he and other champions are disgruntled by the fact that the Summer season champion weapons are the same as last year's.
Now, I can see why KI should choose to do this - they have had a busy year preparing for the release of Valencia 2 and also, reusing these weapons allows new PVP-ers a chance to get these weapons. But the fact is there isn't much incentive for former champions to try to get these weapons. They already have them. There is also disappointment that there are no new badges for champions, many of whom have won this rank in all seasons.
Therefore, I humbly ask KI to perhaps implement a badge for those champions who have won consistently every season.
I suggest "All Season Champion 2015 - 2016". This will do much to make these PVP-ers happy.
And next year please add some new weapons.
Ok so I agree with the badge idea but making new powers for the weapons each season is just too much hard work and a waste of time, why change the powers around and why not just keep things the way they are.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
SpellBinder Darius on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Ok so I agree with the badge idea but making new powers for the weapons each season is just too much hard work and a waste of time, why change the powers around and why not just keep things the way they are.
They could have at least leveled these weapons to the current max level.

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
I'm of the opposite mind, I am glad that the champion weapons return. Imagine being a newer player and never being able to get the champion's summer flames because you did not play the game last year. That's one way to discourage players from playing PvP, specially considering how strong some of these special powers are.

The badge idea I agree with, just like Darius says. But the weapon should recycle.

Besides, there are technically new weapons. New stronger versions were introduced with the addition of Valencia part 2. You would be surprised how much something like 15 extra damage does. There are new level 65+ versions of the power which can be found in the shop. Same power yes, but higher stats.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Reason KI Shouldn't add more weapons
1. If they add more weapons but also keep the old weapons (Like what they did with the pets) it's going to be harder and harder for newer players to keep up with each different weapon if they only started when maybe its on the 3rd cycle because atm with the new lvl 65 weapon (Which is glitched atm pricing wise as unable to be purchased but is most likely sticking to the trend so 4,500) that's already 13,500 script a new player has to collect alongside Champion to buy 1 seasons entire set of weapons. Ya.... No thanks.

2. If they remove the old ones and then add new ones the next problem is giving advantages in pvp to older players. Now this is another problem games have, by giving so many rare items that are designed for PvP they start to make it IMPOSSIBLE for new players to come in. Not really fun if you're fighting the trees with no way to receive them yourself huh? And it's not like we can stop players who have these over the newer players from not using the better released weapon? The thing I love about games is for some cards/powers or items everyone can get them if they're universal so by removing that you're giving a HUGE and in some cases (Specifically the fall weapon) unfair. This is why I also had the first idea of doing the same thing with pets but over time and cycles it would be way to difficult for new players to catch up as well.

3. There is a reason for old Champs to pvp. It's the easiest way to get consistent amount of script other then Smugglers Arena, it's enjoyable, we also need to get our hands on the upgraded lvl version of the weapons (The new lvl 65 version, remember lvl 60 use to be the highest)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TechnomagePvP on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Reason KI Shouldn't add more weapons
1. If they add more weapons but also keep the old weapons (Like what they did with the pets) it's going to be harder and harder for newer players to keep up with each different weapon if they only started when maybe its on the 3rd cycle because atm with the new lvl 65 weapon (Which is glitched atm pricing wise as unable to be purchased but is most likely sticking to the trend so 4,500) that's already 13,500 script a new player has to collect alongside Champion to buy 1 seasons entire set of weapons. Ya.... No thanks.

2. If they remove the old ones and then add new ones the next problem is giving advantages in pvp to older players. Now this is another problem games have, by giving so many rare items that are designed for PvP they start to make it IMPOSSIBLE for new players to come in. Not really fun if you're fighting the trees with no way to receive them yourself huh? And it's not like we can stop players who have these over the newer players from not using the better released weapon? The thing I love about games is for some cards/powers or items everyone can get them if they're universal so by removing that you're giving a HUGE and in some cases (Specifically the fall weapon) unfair. This is why I also had the first idea of doing the same thing with pets but over time and cycles it would be way to difficult for new players to catch up as well.

3. There is a reason for old Champs to pvp. It's the easiest way to get consistent amount of script other then Smugglers Arena, it's enjoyable, we also need to get our hands on the upgraded lvl version of the weapons (The new lvl 65 version, remember lvl 60 use to be the highest)
On #3: Thank you for bringing that to my attention, Technomage. I assumed that level 65 was the max from last year.

Lieutenant
Aug 29, 2008
They actually did do that.

People are getting confused. The weapons that say level 65+ are actually NEW weapons. The previous highest rank of weapons we could get were level 60+ and cost 4000 scrip. Those are still in the shop, but if you go to the last page you will see level 65+ weapons. They are just currently bugged with no scrip value, so no one can buy them.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
True but then they become the best weapon in the game for some play styles

Think about it from a witches perspective let's say

Some witches like to use nef staff banner combo

But if they can get a staff which increases their magic resist, gives them 9 trees and has 5 range (6 with staff spirit) nothing compares to that so the damage from the weapon needs to be toned down because now with mojo echo 2 I can do 900 damage off of a full chain with a 5 turn juju buff