Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Egg Shen Question

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 02, 2014
Ive been observant, and I've noticed that Egg Shen has a sword on his sash. And to me, it doesn't make sense that he NEVER uses it, even in his epic moves! I'm wondering, why have a sword if you don't use it? In the epic move where he sticks the spear in the ground and slides on top of it, I think it would look way more awesome if he used his sword there instead of kicking the opponent. Who's with me?

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
BlueK9 on Jun 26, 2016 wrote:
Ive been observant, and I've noticed that Egg Shen has a sword on his sash. And to me, it doesn't make sense that he NEVER uses it, even in his epic moves! I'm wondering, why have a sword if you don't use it? In the epic move where he sticks the spear in the ground and slides on top of it, I think it would look way more awesome if he used his sword there instead of kicking the opponent. Who's with me?
Same for Ratbeard, he has a gun he never uses...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
To tell the truth, I never noticed he had one - good catch! His spear, though is his primary weapon, it would be better if KI just removed the sword instead of adding extra animation. Either way, that's a ton of work.

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
There are a lot of characters who have swords they don't use, to name two are the

Royal Guard: it's more like a heavy dagger but it's still never used

Monquistadors: the melee ones all have swords as tall as them

In some cases this would be cool but some weapons are just for looks

Petty Officer
Nov 22, 2010
For me, I think it's cooler that he doesn't use it. I mean, how cool do you have to be to have a sword, and just choose not to use it? That is the official sign of an awesome person. Or goose, in this case.

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2010
I noticed recently that Bat Masterson also has a gun when I was doing his promotion