Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wait, didn't Bishop Outlaw ALL magic?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
noahdd on Apr 10, 2013 wrote:
Dude from what I read pregame wizards were a rare sight for other worlds not high officals. That may mean they don't even know Bartelby exists or even ravenwood.
Thank you that is what I've been saying if you pay attention wizard101 is not a world that is social with other worlds and Valencia is probably no where near wizard city and only a few worlds would porbably know about wizard city

Find me in the game
Slick Cody Jones privateer lvl 50
Merciless Ethan Jenkins swashbuckler lvl 49

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
As Noah says, it is entirely possible the Armada does not know about Wizard City. And, they can ban magic all they like (or ice cream or silk ribbons or anything else) but it would not matter where they do not have control... which right now is in limited areas. However, banning magic seems to be a convenient excuse for them to seize anyone who practices magic if they can possibly do so. This focus would suggest either (a) magic constitutes a real threat, and they would like to have that sort of weapon entirely for themselves or (b) it provides a reason, however flimsy, to arrest someone who they consider 'undesirable' but who has committed no other suggestion of wrongdoing. Or, likely, both reasons.
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Petty Officer
Jan 18, 2013
Are you kiddin? Master Ambrose could just knock all those guys out by shaking his pinkie toe!
Plus, wizard city already has problems of their own.

Name: Arthur Lanyard
Type:

Ensign
Mar 20, 2010
Thing is, the Armada either
A: P101 is in a different time in the future, making the ban unhurtful to the past
B: Only mean it in Skull Isle, etc.
or
C: They mean Hoodoo. (Hoodoo isn't used in W101, Magic is

Ishmael Kirk Level 30(On April 24, 2013 atleast

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Duncan Anglespear on Apr 24, 2013 wrote:
Thing is, the Armada either
A: P101 is in a different time in the future, making the ban unhurtful to the past
B: Only mean it in Skull Isle, etc.
or
C: They mean Hoodoo. (Hoodoo isn't used in W101, Magic is

Ishmael Kirk Level 30(On April 24, 2013 atleast
Hoodoo IS magic, as well as Voodoo. These are VERY dark forms of it though, but the darkest magic is necromancy. No one in their right mind would use it.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
laulenak on Dec 5, 2012 wrote:
Bishop: Morganthe, you are under arrest!
Morganthe: ...........

So true right?

-Dark Amber
Someone better draw a toon picture of what it would be like if morganthe was arrested by the armada!!!!! It's not only funny but it draws a clear picture!

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
amandapatchis90 on Feb 18, 2013 wrote:
ok now your just giving the armada ideas. what would you do if tomorrow the enitire wizard population was wiped out and on the news the armada is there saying:

" Thanks to our good friend Heavyshark we have successfuly taken over wizard city. Due to their lack of cards. Thanks again Heavyshark, and if you have any ideas on how to take down the pirate population tell us! "

You really wanna take that chance with these posts

Amanda Xavier- Level 50 Swashbuckler

PEACE
Joshua Wildhammer: AH, THE ARMADA IS HERE! I know what to do. x calls Jacob Freeman x
Me: Hello brother. Quite recently they're not Valencian ships in Valencia and I think I know where they are!
Turns on TV
News: This is Merle here and I see some Armada troops running towards to me! Pirates, help us!
Me: Well there goes the newe. So you see brother they're in WizardCity which I'm gonna help you.
Joshua Wildhammer: How did you know?
Me: Cause what else would be happening in Wizard City!
Sails to Wizard City
Me: Get off everyone and to the Commons!
After the Battle the Wizards and Pirates win and Kane gave up
Me: Why did you do this father!
Kane: I'm sorry, but I wanted more power. I guess I didn't know that empires don't have to conquer land.
Me; Well, ok.
Joshua Wildhammer: Sign the Peace Treaty and I'll get the Clockworks rdy again.
Sign's Treaty
Joshua Wildhammer: Here you go.
Kane: Thank you.
Joshua Wildhammer: You're welcome.
Clockworks work again
Joshua WIldhammer: Why do you have the Princess of Avalon with you?
Valona: We're getting married so we are gonna be filthy rich and are you his brother?
Joshua Wildhammer: Yep and we're now getting wealthy!
Me: So you see amandapatchis90; we would be friends at the end with Valencia.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Sniper Rose on May 4, 2013 wrote:
Joshua Wildhammer: AH, THE ARMADA IS HERE! I know what to do. x calls Jacob Freeman x
Me: Hello brother. Quite recently they're not Valencian ships in Valencia and I think I know where they are!
Turns on TV
News: This is Merle here and I see some Armada troops running towards to me! Pirates, help us!
Me: Well there goes the newe. So you see brother they're in WizardCity which I'm gonna help you.
Joshua Wildhammer: How did you know?
Me: Cause what else would be happening in Wizard City!
Sails to Wizard City
Me: Get off everyone and to the Commons!
After the Battle the Wizards and Pirates win and Kane gave up
Me: Why did you do this father!
Kane: I'm sorry, but I wanted more power. I guess I didn't know that empires don't have to conquer land.
Me; Well, ok.
Joshua Wildhammer: Sign the Peace Treaty and I'll get the Clockworks rdy again.
Sign's Treaty
Joshua Wildhammer: Here you go.
Kane: Thank you.
Joshua Wildhammer: You're welcome.
Clockworks work again
Joshua WIldhammer: Why do you have the Princess of Avalon with you?
Valona: We're getting married so we are gonna be filthy rich and are you his brother?
Joshua Wildhammer: Yep and we're now getting wealthy!
Me: So you see amandapatchis90; we would be friends at the end with Valencia.
Me: VALONA!
Valona: Huh? Quentin?
Me: Yes, its me. Why would you Marry this traitor?
Valona: You know what, your right, I forgot I vowed vengeance on Queen Clockwork, and I will settle the score later!
Jake: But but but but but...
Valona: -backhands Jake- DON'T EVER TALK TO ME AGAIN!!!!!
Me: Come Valona, let head back to the Dreadnaught.

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
the dog who is a librarian in wizard city is also in a tavern in cool ranch

romantic nicole underwood lvl 46 swashbuckler

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
Quentin Atherton on Apr 27, 2013 wrote:
Hoodoo IS magic, as well as Voodoo. These are VERY dark forms of it though, but the darkest magic is necromancy. No one in their right mind would use it.
Necromancy is used by Necromancers aka Death wizards...

Voodoo doesn't exist in the Spiral. What we call Voodoo, is called Hoodoo in the Spiral. Hoodoo is black magic, something Vadima practiced and why she was kicked out of Pigswick Academy. The darkest art of magic is Hoodoo, which isn't as similar to the magic used in Ravenwood. Witchdoctors manipulate objects, the dead, and even their opponents, while Necromancers do the same thing it's to a certain extent.

Please remember that Hoodoo and Necromancy are two different things, while they have some similarities they aren't the same thing. Hoodoo is dark magic, but Necromancy is not.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Clownsanity on Jan 15, 2013 wrote:
My 32-pounds cannons can smash those abracadabra and Valencia automatons, tsk!
no they cant even kill a lvl one pirate XD :D

Captain
May 16, 2011
RiverWhooshP101 on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
wait, are we sure these are even in the same time period? Like, while pirate101 is happening, our wizard's time could of passed, or the other way around.
Maybe. But I have two (or three) arguments. In Cool Ranch sometime during the quest lines you talk to Harold Argleston, the librarian at Wizard City. If you ask me, he looks a lot older than he does in Wizard City, but since I haven't played Wizard101 in a while I may be hallucinating. Next I think that even though there may be a puppet show about the emperor falling ill, as he does in wizard, maybe he has been given the fruit already he is just recovering. The reason the Mooshu citizens don't know about it is because all the enemies are blocking the message. And last, I do have reason to believe Skull Island is the remnants of Azteca. It may happen after the character in wizard encountered Morganthe destroying Azteca. The aztecosaur ruins may be all that is left of Azteca in Skull Island. With these three tidbits of info, It may happen at the same time. But I could be mistaken.

-Modest Hank Ironside-Level 50 Witchdoctor
I hope to see ye in the game!

Ensign
Sep 05, 2009
Personaly I believe that these two games happened at the same time

In fact I believe one of the developers said that while wizards in mooshu are working to heal the emperor, while pirates are working to defeat the warlords attacking its borders

Also, the Argleston in the Cooper's Roost Tavern and the one in the WC Library are not be same person, the one in CR is Desmond Arglston while the WC Librarian is Harold Argleston

Petty Officer
Jun 09, 2009
Quentin Atherton on Nov 30, 2012 wrote:
This just popped into my head, if the Armada banned ALL magic from the spiral, doesn't that mean Bishop is going to invade wizard city?
Probably, but some of the armada did use magic. An example of someone who used magic in the armada was Phule. If they did outlaw all magic, Phule would have been destroyed.

And I highly doubt the armada will make it to Wizard City, since it's guarded by wizards of all ages. If they do ever come to Wizard City, I'll make sure to teach them a lesson with my level 80!

Ensign
Jul 06, 2012
Thunder Hawk on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Maybe. But I have two (or three) arguments. In Cool Ranch sometime during the quest lines you talk to Harold Argleston, the librarian at Wizard City. If you ask me, he looks a lot older than he does in Wizard City, but since I haven't played Wizard101 in a while I may be hallucinating. Next I think that even though there may be a puppet show about the emperor falling ill, as he does in wizard, maybe he has been given the fruit already he is just recovering. The reason the Mooshu citizens don't know about it is because all the enemies are blocking the message. And last, I do have reason to believe Skull Island is the remnants of Azteca. It may happen after the character in wizard encountered Morganthe destroying Azteca. The aztecosaur ruins may be all that is left of Azteca in Skull Island. With these three tidbits of info, It may happen at the same time. But I could be mistaken.

-Modest Hank Ironside-Level 50 Witchdoctor
I hope to see ye in the game!
Yes, I'm totally with you. And I'd also like to say that we see in the Mooshu of Pirate101 places that look just like other places in Wizard101 (sorry I forgot the names), but a little more destroyed and ravaged, like something came between the adventures of our Wizards and our Pirates. I immediately recognized the place where El Toro tries to catch a fish in his promotion, if we go up their must be an earth golem named (I just know his name in French, sorry) "Moussu".

Noble Nicholas Nichols level 58

Petty Officer
Jul 28, 2011
lanick07 on Feb 18, 2013 wrote:
Na their in the same exact period except wizard 101 is a a little bit more you know ancient and remember in skull island there are azectasaur zombies so yeah thats where azteca was but it was in the tradewinds skyway only
how did they get from azteca to skull island then?

DID THEY JUST FLOAT AIMLESSLY AROUND???

XDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Ensign
Jul 13, 2010
My guess is, Pirate101 is a bit like a Pararell Dimension to Wizard101, While several of the worlds from Wizard, are in Pirate, the duplicate exists without interacting with the other. So it might be possible, however, the interaction between both Game Universes may be different. Notice how in Marleybone and Mooshu there aren't Wizards running around. The NPCs may vary between the games, and some may be in both. (AKA Zeke, who is an Explorer. He has an excuse )
And I doubt that the Armada could even invade Skull Island, Plus if the Armada would even try to take over Wizard City, they'd have to deal with Morganthe, and several other villains who wish to.

- Swashie ,
Brave Molly Quinn
- Musketee ,
Dead-Eye Isis Stern
- Buccanish ,
Honest Cori West

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
In the spiral thread to valencia you can see wizard city,too

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
They might want to be careful of "Witch Hunter and Retribution"

Lieutenant
Feb 20, 2010
Everybody is saying this, but it's not like the Armada is going to stay put in a combat circle.

Ensign
Jul 13, 2009
cantorobrizar on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
Wizards are stronger that pirates, and you have to remember how strong Bartleby must be. Plus the headmaster...
I think you're all underestimating the power of the Armada. Kane would not simply order all his forces to blindly charge into Ravenwood. Just look at Bishop's puppet scene. If The Armada bothered to attack Wizard City, Bishop would likely cook up a sinister plan... like burning down Bartleby and sending battalions of Dragoons and Angels to attack via the caves connecting Triton, Firecat, and Cyclops Lane.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
ClockworkMage. on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
I think you're all underestimating the power of the Armada. Kane would not simply order all his forces to blindly charge into Ravenwood. Just look at Bishop's puppet scene. If The Armada bothered to attack Wizard City, Bishop would likely cook up a sinister plan... like burning down Bartleby and sending battalions of Dragoons and Angels to attack via the caves connecting Triton, Firecat, and Cyclops Lane.
First of all I think it is funny that a person called "Clockwork Mage" is responding to the talk about bishop since he is a clockwork Mage . And about your thought I think the wizards have almost every place in their world protected so they would be fine.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Ethan the baron on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
First of all I think it is funny that a person called "Clockwork Mage" is responding to the talk about bishop since he is a clockwork Mage . And about your thought I think the wizards have almost every place in their world protected so they would be fine.
Your forget about the Spiral Doors. The are likely to attack through Mooshu again through that door, and burn down Bartleby from the inside, a sneak attack the wizards might not expect from a bunch of automatons like the Armada, and Rooke would be leading the attack this way the wizards' spells will just ricochet off his shield and at other wizards. Here is what is going to happen IF they invade and everything goes without a hitch and according to plan:

Deacon: Fools, you dare doubt the might of the Armada?

Ambros: Face it you mechanical monster, you have lost!

Deacon: Oh, have I? Alright everyone, FORWARD MARCH!

-Bartleby burns down and clockworks march out-

Ambros: Barlteby, NO! Your going to pay for that -casts lightning bats-

Rooke: -Defends Deacon and lightning bats ricochet off of shield and at Cyrus Drake-

Cyrus: -spasms from electrical charge and feints-

Ambros: Oh no, everyone run for your lives, we have to get out of here.

Arthur Weathersfield: I got Cyrus, lets get to the boats before we are captured.

Bishop: AH HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, WHO CAN STOP US NOW?!

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
cantorobrizar on Dec 8, 2012 wrote:
Wizards are stronger that pirates, and you have to remember how strong Bartleby must be. Plus the headmaster...
gamma the owl competed Avalon all by herself

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
@pipone12 - Both occur in the same universe, just thus far the pirate101’s story has been a slight bit behind that of wizard101. The Azteca is Wizard101 is probably only the remains of the great empire that reached many skyways before it collapsed. Empires grow and collapse over the centuries. The Mayans had a massive one before it completely collapsed

@Thunderchu9801 - First off that’s not the librarian from wizard101. The librarian is named Harold, the guy in Cool ranch is named Desmond. Second, news of the emperors recovery would reach even the farthest edges of Mooshu would probably only be delayed by at most a couple of years not the decades required for the age of wizards to end. For your third point see what I said to pipone12.

@Quentin - Atherton-First Ambrose probably keeps a close eye on Bartleby. He is both the source of all magic and the junction holding the Spiral together after all. Second, where did you get the idea of reflecting spells with metal shields? The ones wielded by knights in Avalon don’t, why would the Armadas?