Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wait, didn't Bishop Outlaw ALL magic?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
This just popped into my head, if the Armada banned ALL magic from the spiral, doesn't that mean Bishop is going to invade wizard city?

Ensign
May 28, 2009
Maybe. The Armada dosn't have the same level of power in every world, but I can see them hitting other worlds to enforce the same level of rule as in Valincia.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 16, 2009
Lol good luck to him. From what we have seen, wizards are several orders of magnitude more powerful than pirates. It would take an overwhelmingly large force for the Armada to even attempt to invade Wizard City.

Ensign
May 17, 2011
Bishop: Morganthe, you are under arrest!
Morganthe: ...........

So true right?

-Dark Amber

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
wait, are we sure these are even in the same time period? Like, while pirate101 is happening, our wizard's time could of passed, or the other way around.

Community Leader
RiverWhooshP101 on Dec 6, 2012 wrote:
wait, are we sure these are even in the same time period? Like, while pirate101 is happening, our wizard's time could of passed, or the other way around.
I think I remember Blind Mew stating that it's all happening at once. I could be mistaken.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
Wizards are stronger that pirates, and you have to remember how strong Bartleby must be. Plus the headmaster...

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
Talkin The Plank on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
I think I remember Blind Mew stating that it's all happening at once. I could be mistaken.
I don't really talk to blind mew, but zeke is solid evidence about the time period they're in.

Petty Officer
May 22, 2011
Talkin The Plank on Dec 7, 2012 wrote:
when did he say that? I want to see it myself.

Community Leader
RiverWhooshP101 on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
when did he say that? I want to see it myself.
I tried to find the post but couldn't. There's nothing that I've seen in the story to indicate that it's not happening in the "present" though. There have been very brief references to Wizards in the game and obviously they are in the same spiral and visit many of the same worlds, albeit different spots of those worlds. Who knows? This is one we can't answer without a dev stepping in to say, though either way, knowing won't effect gameplay in the slightest.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
In Mooshu, there are several references to the Emperor falling ill. I suspect it is at the same time your wizard is trying to save him in Wizard101.

Captain
May 13, 2011
poleaxes and muskets vs fire, shadows, plants, undead, ice, water, lightning, and magical bolts coming out of nowhere. good luck with that, armada

Community Leader
There's a puppet show in Subata that mentions a dark wizard who put the Emperor into an enchanted sleep; he sure looked like Malistaire to me.

That would put the two Spiral story lines roughly concurrent. As wizards in Mooshu we are tasked with waking the Emperor, and in both games we're healing the darkness and evil his slumber has wrought across their land.

Chatroom Moderator - Pieces of Eight Radio
Ensign
Feb 16, 2011
If the Armada invaded Wizard City they wouldn't last a day. The Headmaster could destroy the whole Armada if he wanted.

Ensign
Dec 31, 2010
Lol, if the armada wanted to invade wizard city, he would certainly see defeat. Honestly, and army of clockworks versus millions of wizards and over triple that amount of magical creatures. Honestly, who do you thin is going to win?

Ensign
Aug 17, 2009
I thought I read somewhere that it takes place about 20 years after Wizard. Of course, I may just be thinking of Diablo, but still.

Ensign
Oct 18, 2012
If they even try to fight the wizards then they will NOT live. Wizards have a lot more health then pirate and do more damage. There only way to defeat them is if it's one wizard against 25 armada ( that will not happen,) and that's for the lower levels. So good luck to them.

Community Leader
war101girl99810 on Jan 12, 2013 wrote:
If they even try to fight the wizards then they will NOT live. Wizards have a lot more health then pirate and do more damage. There only way to defeat them is if it's one wizard against 25 armada ( that will not happen,) and that's for the lower levels. So good luck to them.
Maybe if the armada attacked with a giant clockwork vaccuum/paper shredder to suck up and destroy all of the wizard's playing cards? Then they'd have a pretty good chance!

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
Talkin The Plank on Jan 14, 2013 wrote:
Maybe if the armada attacked with a giant clockwork vaccuum/paper shredder to suck up and destroy all of the wizard's playing cards? Then they'd have a pretty good chance!
HUSH!!!!!! Don't give them ANY ideas.

Ensign
Nov 07, 2012
I could possibly see the armada invading wizard city but with help. Seeing as wizards are heroes and we all know every hero has a villain . here is my question, what if the armada teams up with Malistire and morganthane? then who knows what the armada could be capable of. I mean they want all pirates to be destroyed, im assuming with the help of malistire and morganthane the armada will be un stoppable, and they all make a good team.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
My 32-pounds cannons can smash those abracadabra and Valencia automatons, tsk!

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2011
Clownsanity on Jan 15, 2013 wrote:
My 32-pounds cannons can smash those abracadabra and Valencia automatons, tsk!
I Armada's most wanted ever since i gotten away from them(thanks to boochbeard) and my sister(this may not be real life) is one of the most powerful wizards and a smarty pants. if those armada guys want to be frozen in the spiral forever look up my sis,(she ice by the way) and if they want to get blown up to pieces like the clockworks they are, look me up(i a musketeer). I mean come on i killed Deacon for crying out loud and i know Bishop's weaknesses. And why Bishop the one to outlaw magic? for crying out loud he a witch doctor so he outlawing himself!
Bah ha ha ha ha!(classic pirate joke)

By the way that reminded me, Your next Bishop because I need that wand of yours for my collection.

Captain Black rose Level50 Musketeer

Gunner's Mate
Oct 05, 2012
ThtKidPacman on Jan 15, 2013 wrote:
I could possibly see the armada invading wizard city but with help. Seeing as wizards are heroes and we all know every hero has a villain . here is my question, what if the armada teams up with Malistire and morganthane? then who knows what the armada could be capable of. I mean they want all pirates to be destroyed, im assuming with the help of malistire and morganthane the armada will be un stoppable, and they all make a good team.
You forgot; the Armada also outlawed magic, which means they wouldn't even ask Morganth and Malistair through a can with a 900,000,000,000,000 ft string.

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
You guys keep confusing Deacon with Bishop. We haven't seen Bishop yet. Deacon is one that's been on our tail since the very beginning.

The developers said what goes on in the wizarding world isn't involving the outside world. Just like people know very little about Malistaire and what goes on in Wizard City, the wizards don't know much about the Armada.
Even though the Armada outlawed magic, that doesn't mean they'll try and stop wizards from using magic. Besides, they were referring to Hoodoo weren't they?

Regardless if they were to plan an invasion of Wizard City, it'd fail. Are wizards are grandmasters at this point in the P101 plot, but our magic is still far superior than any Hoodoo charm, sword, dagger, or musket.

What I'm saying is the Armada knows better than to interfere with the wizarding world.

Lucas Walker Sky Commander Musketeer

Lieutenant
Jul 09, 2009
ThtKidPacman on Jan 15, 2013 wrote:
Malistaire is working to summon the Dragon Titan to bring back his wife, Sylvia, not remake the Spiral. He has been driven mad by his own ambitions.

Morganthe is seeking to rule the Spiral, she won't need help dealing with the young wizards through Cl, Zf, Av, or Az. Since the wizards are far superior than everyone else, she could take them out anytime she wanted.

Ki said the storylines of W101 and P101 won''t overlap. Pirates stay out of the wizarding world, and vice versa.

The P101 story takes place during the Malistaire arc. When we've been freed by Boochbeard and Gandry, Malistaire is already in DragonSypre.

Even though we go to Mooshu in both games, we're there for different reasons. In W101 we are there to awaken the Emperor, while in P101, we are there to get a peice of Marco Pollo's map, gather the turtle balls, and learn how to translate the peices of the map.

Lucas Walker Sky Commander Musketeer