Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

gortez dungeon

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 25, 2011
I can't defeat the first boss cause i die everytime and even my friend helped and he keeped killing Us.

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Your strategy needs to improved. Enough said

Dead eye Luke, Level 50

Community Leader
Sounds like you need to adjust your strategy some..

Dont worry about all the monkeys (I actually avoid them as best I can), go directly for the totems in the corners, and then concentrate all attacks from yourself and your companions on Gortez.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Sep 18, 2009
What OFxSaint said. ALways look at the top of the screen to see what your actual objective is. Do it first! Also, don't run right smack into the middle of a group and then have yourself surrounded, and dead, after only one hit. Keep you and your companions together to minimize the number of angles you can be attacked from at once. Take down one enemy at a time. It is all basic tactics.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2010
he's not talking about gortez he's talking about the boss you need to defeat before you: 1. enter the crystal cave 2. get the spider eggs and 3. encounter the gold monkey dude all u have to do is beat the boss not the minions kapeesh?

Petty Officer
Oct 04, 2012
If he is talking about Gortez being too hard I have to agree. I've solo'd the game on a couple of characters, but this one mission I have to try repeatedly (even with best armor, weapon and companions) until, purely by luck, he walks away from the rest of the monkeys. The problem is that we all like a challenge, but relying on the luck of which way the mobs walk is on know way fun.

Captain
May 13, 2011
seriously? you all talk about gortez. when he said first boss, he means ordaz! you know, that fat water mole. something tells me you forgot about the dungeon. you should see that the map is filled with barrels and tnt. try attacking the tnt right from the start if you can. you can get a head start that way (easy for musketeers/witchdoctors). you have to use your benefits and hide your disadvantages. could help if you said what class you are

Petty Officer
Apr 11, 2013
Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
First do some other quests to level up, level up your companions, and stratigize.
Musketeer OUT!

Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
i barely survived the first task scince i was a swashbuckles i used my hidden thing but i was very low health go with friends is all i gotta say

need help?

Noble Scarlet Alcott

Petty Officer
Apr 11, 2013
Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
The battle was too easy. I do not see how you're having problems

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
first off it was easy. second only go for ordaz. you dont have to fight the other dude. lvl up. try to get that freind again and get new gear. try to get gear with three stat helpers. mainly health. and the best combo is health armor and strong or rough. lvl up your companions and upgrade them. choose epics that are useful and happen to them allot. for ex, bonnie ann kills people allot choose double tap. when you get to gortez same thing except kill as many monkeys as you can so it will be easier. then only go for gortez. thats all

-jack nightgale

Ensign
Aug 02, 2013
If I were you, I would go to Avery's Court and try to find a level 40-65 who's willing to help you out. Some of the quests are THAT hard.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
One-eyed Jack, I would suggest the lock of this thread. The last time davidjordan677 posted on the message boards was Dec 19, 2012. Either they've quit the game or gotten past this part of the game and they've just not gone on the message boards -- either way, David Jordan doesn't need advice from this thread anymore. People can certainly give and request advice for fighting Ordaz and Gortez -- but this thread doesn't really need it anymore. Thanks!

~Elizabeth, level 26 ~

Administrator
done.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*