Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Level 60 spells and other ideas

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 29, 2011
Ok, so I've been thinking about some spells. Although I hope we get more than one spell an expantion, ( unlike wizard101 ) these would probably be the new best spells. Please remember to think we'll be level 60 by the time we get these spells, so they might seem over powered now, but wont be later.

Privateer: Rebirth- Extreme group healing to everyone, and adds 2x hit absorb to everyone.

Musketeer:Rain of rockets- 4x4 square, + 25% damage and adds traps.

Swashbuckler: Sword barrage- + 2x damage hit to all opponents touching you, and slows for them for 3 turns, and over time damage for 3 turns.

Buccaneer: Stomp- + 25% damage, and hits everyone in a 2 range around you, and stuns for 1 turn.

Witch doctor: Soul lock. 1x damage, stuns opponent for 3 turns, and 3 turn over time damage. Range: 3

Well, I'd really like some feedback on these spells. Please!

Anyway, here are some other ideas.

Witch doctor: infection. Minus 50% healing to opponent for 5 turns. Infinite range. Can be trained by all schools. ( but free for witch doctors )

Stun shield: buccaneer- block all stuns for 10 turns. ( can also be trained by all classes, free for buccs. )

Privateer:Cheer up!- + 50% healing to next heal spell for 5 turns. Does not work on drains. Can be trained by all classes, free for privs.

Swashbuckler: Swift: + 25% dodge, accuracy, and to damage to self for 5 turns. can be trains by all classes, free for swashes.

Musketeer: Sure shot.2x accuracy to self for 3 turns. Can be trained by all schools, free for muskets.

Again, I'd really like some feedback and will make changes if needed. Thanks!

Quick mycin ashburn

Ensign
May 29, 2011
Ok, obviously I didnt get much replies. But i'm thinking about nefing the witchdoctor spell. Anyone disagree?

Ensign
May 29, 2011
Quick Mycin Ashbur... on Dec 28, 2012 wrote:
Ok, obviously I didnt get much replies. But i'm thinking about nefing the witchdoctor spell. Anyone disagree?
Ok, nevermind. I'm nerfing swift to +20% accuracy dodge and damage for 3 turns. Anyone disagree?

Ensign
May 29, 2011
Ok, Ive decided to buff the musketeer spell to plus 50% damage. Anyone disagree?

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Lol Plz stop talking to yourself. It's kinda creepy .

The Ideas aren't too bad. I like them and you're like the first person I've seen think about Talents and Skills for the future. I have no idea how updates are gonna work. I'm not sure if the cap will increase by 5 levels or as high as 20 levels. There's really no set amount of leveling for Pirate101 unlike Wizard101 where the updates increased by 10 levels and a new spell and/or pet at an 8 (48, 58, 68 etc,). I'm still figuring out how many levels we gain a Practice Point (is it every 7 levels or what?)

They do seem a pit much, for example, the Stunning. Stun has yet to be added to the game so I don't know if that's coming or not (as you might know, Wizard101 already had Stuns when the game started. This one did not). All the Stuns I would consider being decreased to one round or removed over all. And actually now that I think about it the closest thing to a stun is the Hold the Line power.

The Infect spell you said for Witchdoctors, yeah, I think that should be replaced or changed up a bit. I think a few creatures and bosses know a few heals but, for the most part, only Pirates use heals very often (maybe they should bring in a PvP NPC who would give moves like that. Course that's further down the line.)

Over all I do think these are fine ideas but should be tweaked down a bit (but I do remember you said they're a but overpowered now but should help later).

Have you ever thought of maybe updating a Second, Third, or even Fourth move to previous powers?
Examples are Mighty Charge, Brutal Charge, and Vicious Charge (I thought about one called Mercilous Charge)
or Mojo Blade and Mojo Reaver (How about ones called Mojo Sword and Mojo Sabre)
I think you're Rain of Rockets was one. I like the idea of little rockets landing on our enemies.

Oh! or hey what about adding in more powerful summons for Witchdoctors. They're current ones kinda die quickly with a round or 5 i think.

Ensign
May 29, 2011
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jan 12, 2013 wrote:
Lol Plz stop talking to yourself. It's kinda creepy .

The Ideas aren't too bad. I like them and you're like the first person I've seen think about Talents and Skills for the future. I have no idea how updates are gonna work. I'm not sure if the cap will increase by 5 levels or as high as 20 levels. There's really no set amount of leveling for Pirate101 unlike Wizard101 where the updates increased by 10 levels and a new spell and/or pet at an 8 (48, 58, 68 etc,). I'm still figuring out how many levels we gain a Practice Point (is it every 7 levels or what?)

They do seem a pit much, for example, the Stunning. Stun has yet to be added to the game so I don't know if that's coming or not (as you might know, Wizard101 already had Stuns when the game started. This one did not). All the Stuns I would consider being decreased to one round or removed over all. And actually now that I think about it the closest thing to a stun is the Hold the Line power.

The Infect spell you said for Witchdoctors, yeah, I think that should be replaced or changed up a bit. I think a few creatures and bosses know a few heals but, for the most part, only Pirates use heals very often (maybe they should bring in a PvP NPC who would give moves like that. Course that's further down the line.)

Over all I do think these are fine ideas but should be tweaked down a bit (but I do remember you said they're a but overpowered now but should help later).

Have you ever thought of maybe updating a Second, Third, or even Fourth move to previous powers?
Examples are Mighty Charge, Brutal Charge, and Vicious Charge (I thought about one called Mercilous Charge)
or Mojo Blade and Mojo Reaver (How about ones called Mojo Sword and Mojo Sabre)
I think you're Rain of Rockets was one. I like the idea of little rockets landing on our enemies.

Oh! or hey what about adding in more powerful summons for Witchdoctors. They're current ones kinda die quickly with a round or 5 i think.
Well, thanks for being to first person who cared to reply.

The witch doctor infection is just one of those spells everyone can train, just witch doctors get it for free. I know the Idea of stunning might seem bad, but you'll never know unless we try. Here are some new continued spells

Privateer: elusive4 + 50% dodge and 3 walking spaces, and minus 10% to all incoming damage when health is below 50%

Witchdoctor: Cowards bane ( cheap shot for witch doctors )

Buccaneer: relentless

Swashbuckler: alert2 minus 75% damage from traps

Musketeer: overwatch

Privateer: Striking passion: plus 3 critical ranks for 4 turns ( next dicipline spell )

Witchdoctor: mojo scyth: 4 x damage, must defend with will

Buccaneer:Lagoons screach: absorb all physical attacks for 10 turns

Swashbuckler: dagger barrage: 2 damage to all surrounding opponents

Musketeer: Scatter trap: 5 2x damage traps in a ( +) cross formation.

Other swash stuff: Plus 2 critical rank chance for 7 turns. sneak in invisibility: hide for 7 turns, 2.5x damage while hidden.