Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Trade Crown Companions Between Your Character

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 23, 2009
As the title states, I think we should be able to trade our crown companions between our characters. I know alot of people will say you cant do that because you would be able to put companions you wouldnt normally get until later on in the game on a character you just started. But, I believe KI could put a lock on them so they are not useable until you would unlock them in the game. It is a shame that you spend so much money to get them and then you cant even move them to your other characters.

If anyone else agrees let your voice be heard.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
I had an idea regarding this. When you purchase a companion on one character all your other characters are allowed to purchase it for gold, provided they have unlocked it through quests or badges. This gold cost could be high so you have to work for it (or pay crowns for gold).

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
I made a post about this before and agree with you. If you spend $10 per crew you should be able to trade them around your account. I don't see why they haven't done this already.

Community Leader
It would ruin the game experience in my opinion.

Lets say you have a level 50 swashbuckler and they have a crown companion that is level 50. They want to switch it over to their level 1 musketeer. You would have an overpowered companion on your level 1 musk who would beable to defeat everything easily.

Pirate crew members are very loyal to eachother. Do you think your companion who has been with you on all your adventures would like to leave your pirate to go to another pirate and its crew? Most likely not.

Johnny - Pirate101 Community Leader
Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
I don't think it'll ever be implemented just because of the reason the community leader above me said. I just think you guys want an advantage in the game, like having a lvl 50 companion while you're lvl 20 or something like that. If you still want this feature, at least have the leveling system balanced. Like when you do exchange a companion you have to build it from the ground up, lvl 1-50 again (a fresh new companion).

If you still inist on this feature just because you spent real money, please be aware, that system you are trying to add would make the game a more pay-to win. This would especially upset balance in pvp, especially when they add ranked pvp.

Ensign
Apr 20, 2009
To me this issue isn't so much about "ruining the game experience," but rather about making players feel like their money is well spent. Considering the relative price of individual crown shop companions (not to mention the number of crown shop companions who are not "up to par" with storyline companions), I don't think that it is unreasonable for there to be some sort of "account unlock" feature relating to crown shop companions.

If I purchase a companion while playing one character, why shouldn't that character also become available to my other characters? It wouldn't need to be immediate, but rather have the purchased character become unlocked (and ready to be added to your crew) at the same moment in the game when that companion would normally become available in the crown shop.

Crown shop companions would thus become "account unlocks" rather than merely "character unlocks."

I certainly understand and respect that KI is attempting to make money and I have gladly offered them much of mine already for what I consider to be a great game, but wouldn't it boost sales and ensure more satisfied customers (thus leading to even more sales) if our crown purchases carried between characters? I know that I personally would be much more likely to spend money on some of the extra companions that pop up if I knew that I could use them across my entire account (especially those characters that don't currently receive promotions).

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
Pirates o the Spir... on Jan 19, 2013 wrote:
It would ruin the game experience in my opinion.

Lets say you have a level 50 swashbuckler and they have a crown companion that is level 50. They want to switch it over to their level 1 musketeer. You would have an overpowered companion on your level 1 musk who would beable to defeat everything easily.

Pirate crew members are very loyal to eachother. Do you think your companion who has been with you on all your adventures would like to leave your pirate to go to another pirate and its crew? Most likely not.
It wouldn't leave anyone over powered if the crew shifted levels when you changed them. Or even if you just unlocked them when they would normally unlock in the game. (And this is about crown crew anything for your class should stay with your class. But if I bought Fin on one pirate he should unlock for everyone on the account).

Frankly this is about RL money and not about in game play. You are telling me to buy a $20 Fin for all six of my pirates. You know what I smell- cash cows...and not the ones in Mooshu. Though if your offering to buy them all for me. Be my guest. I feel ripped off.

Now K.I. has been VERY good to date with making the game affordable to everyone. But I am not seeing how they can say $120 to buy the same crew mate for the SAME ACCOUNT is very fair. Sa'vvy?

By your logic...I bought his loyalty...my other pirates can buy his loyalty too...hey we are pirates...that's what we do.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
To me, the solution is easy:

In order to move a crown companion from one character to another, that player must first have unlocked that character on the pirate they want to move it to.

The crown character is then removed from the companions list of the one pirate, and added to the list of the other, as if he had just purchased it.

Now, this doesn't work if the cost of the same companion changes as your pirate advances, but if not, this is an elegant solution.

Not sure how to handle crown price changes.

Ensign
Dec 25, 2010
WickedSkies on Jan 20, 2013 wrote:
I don't think it'll ever be implemented just because of the reason the community leader above me said. I just think you guys want an advantage in the game, like having a lvl 50 companion while you're lvl 20 or something like that. If you still want this feature, at least have the leveling system balanced. Like when you do exchange a companion you have to build it from the ground up, lvl 1-50 again (a fresh new companion).

If you still inist on this feature just because you spent real money, please be aware, that system you are trying to add would make the game a more pay-to win. This would especially upset balance in pvp, especially when they add ranked pvp.
The game is already pay to win. Nothing is stopping me from buying crown crew for one character. That means I'd still have an advantage over anyone who didn't buy crown crew.

But you are forgetting most people don't care about PvP. I just want to enjoy the real life money I spent account wise. I want Fin for everyone because he's cool. Not because I care about PvP.

I almost hate this game added PvP because now pve players can't enjoy it anymore.

Ensign
Jun 09, 2011
williamep2 on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
As the title states, I think we should be able to trade our crown companions between our characters. I know alot of people will say you cant do that because you would be able to put companions you wouldnt normally get until later on in the game on a character you just started. But, I believe KI could put a lock on them so they are not useable until you would unlock them in the game. It is a shame that you spend so much money to get them and then you cant even move them to your other characters.

If anyone else agrees let your voice be heard.
I agree 100 percent

Luke Ashburn lvl 35 buccaneer

Ensign
Jan 04, 2013
I think they should do this.

once a companions is crowned purchased on one avatar it can be traded to others.

but if the avatar that had the companion was a higher level than the one that is getting the traded companion the companion would go to the new owner at his/her level.

problem solved

hope KI makes the changes

Sincerely,
Kai

Community Leader
In order to trade companions amongst your pirates, they would have to..

A. There needs to be a penalty for the transfer, a fee of some kind (like loss of pet energy in Wizard101).
(If not a penalty then a timer of sorts, only one transfer per 24 hours or something)
B. Lower the companions level to the level of the receiving pirate.
C. If the companions level is lowered due to A then the companion would need to be demoted as well, losing all promotions (titles/epic talents/talents) obtained at levels above the recieving pirates level.
D. If said promotions were removed due to C, then said promotions would need to be repeated by the receiving pirate if they want the companion transferred to them promoted.

Basically it would have to be done in such a fashion that the only advantage is putting the companion on another pirate, and not something that could be used to transfer an advanced, or promoted companion to a lower leveled pirate. Nor should it be something that pirates can use to manipulate what companions are available for any particular battle/dungeon.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Captain
May 13, 2011
i agree with the one that said if one bought a companion with crowns, the other pirates should be able to buy the same companions with gold. i was thinking you could also do a quest to get them, but it would be VERY hard and long and you would have to quest for their promotion too. it should be so hard you think if you bought it with crowns you would just sit there knowing you already have the companion without doing all the work, and a lot more work for promotions, just paying

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
I would like to be able to have crown shop companions available for to be bought through ingame cash, instead to buy it twice with crowns, seems fair (and the level of that companion should be balanced with the current level of the character for to avoid lvl50 companions with lower level pirates ).

Ensign
Aug 13, 2010
Dr Zeppers on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
In order to trade companions amongst your pirates, they would have to..

A. There needs to be a penalty for the transfer, a fee of some kind (like loss of pet energy in Wizard101).
(If not a penalty then a timer of sorts, only one transfer per 24 hours or something)
B. Lower the companions level to the level of the receiving pirate.
C. If the companions level is lowered due to A then the companion would need to be demoted as well, losing all promotions (titles/epic talents/talents) obtained at levels above the recieving pirates level.
D. If said promotions were removed due to C, then said promotions would need to be repeated by the receiving pirate if they want the companion transferred to them promoted.

Basically it would have to be done in such a fashion that the only advantage is putting the companion on another pirate, and not something that could be used to transfer an advanced, or promoted companion to a lower leveled pirate. Nor should it be something that pirates can use to manipulate what companions are available for any particular battle/dungeon.
This all works for me. I want to be able to transfer Crowns Companions for the simple fact that I'll never ever use them on the Pirate they're serving. If I cannot transfer my unwanted Crowns Companions, I'd at least like some way to delete them permanently (no refund is needed)

Ensign
Mar 28, 2009
As someone who has a Cat Pirate, I am in favor of this 100%.

They should be added as if they were just bought or redeemed.