Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Kane

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
So we've seen many clock works and armada elites but the one we have yet to see is the supreme commander Kane. I'm anxious for him to make an appearance... outside of the armada puppet show. Obviously I know we aren't fighting him till the end of the game... Whenever that is. But, when he may finally show up wouldn't think?

Dark Creighton

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
Kane will show up when he's ready, not when our pirate is. Also, it makes more sense for him to wait until we go after him. That way, he can set thing up so that we fight on his terms, giving him the advantage. We might be more than a minor annoyance, but I'm not sure we need to be dealt with just yet.

Petty Officer
Jul 28, 2011
Dark Creighton on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
So we've seen many clock works and armada elites but the one we have yet to see is the supreme commander Kane. I'm anxious for him to make an appearance... outside of the armada puppet show. Obviously I know we aren't fighting him till the end of the game... Whenever that is. But, when he may finally show up wouldn't think?

Dark Creighton
if you go to the fan sites page, you'll see a picture of kane. i can confirm this is him if you look at this picture and the armada puppet show closely

Lieutenant
Jun 23, 2012
I'm wondering who will voice Kane. I'm curious as to how he will sound. Manipulative perhaps? Or maybe he'll have a calm and steady voice with a hint of underlying menace. If anyone can pull that off I'll be very happy! :)

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Scarlet Freeman on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
I'm wondering who will voice Kane. I'm curious as to how he will sound. Manipulative perhaps? Or maybe he'll have a calm and steady voice with a hint of underlying menace. If anyone can pull that off I'll be very happy! :)
Yes, I think I rather imagine the calm and steady, subtly menacing voice too... a rich, musical voice, but not as deep as Gortez, I should think, as Kane's form is that of a young man (who usually do not have deep basso profundo voices yet). Not like Jack Russell's light tenor (far too pleasant!); perhaps a baritone (? like Mr. Smiley's voice, only evil!)

I think before we meet Kane, we will get more defining information of him -- possibly in a puppet show: some one telling us a story or current events intercepted from a 'magic lantern' transmission. From all the discussion around, I suspect that might come in Chapter 15. As far as meeting Kane himself... haha, I can wait! Here is someone stronger, faster, smarter than anyone else (and is completely self-assured about that fact), so in battle he probably could (and would) throw everything at you: magic, expert sword play with shadows/poison/ect. all our tricks plus his own, superior strength (think of all the relentless and vengeance strikes!), other ranged attacks... oy, no wonder he's not too worried about us. And as Supreme General (or whatever he calls himself) of the Armada, game-wise, I would hypothesize that he is of the Privateer class, and thus would be an 'uber' Privateer. Just think of buffed and enhanced Battle Angels and Dragoons (not to mention any other new and nasty shock troops), who can be healed too -- and these troops would stand in our way to Kane, certainly.

Though there is one scenario I can imagine where Kane might appear, fight a bit, and withdraw... and that concerns The Map. He wants our map pieces: he knows we want his. He can wait for us to enter his stronghold in Cadiz, and ambush us when we try to sneak in to get his Map pieces. One alternative is for him to kill us, and get our map pieces. The other, depending on how good a fight we put up (and we will), is to let us get away with it, let us go to the trouble of finding the last map pieces and getting the windstone, and simply follow us to El Dorado...

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
Yes, I think I rather imagine the calm and steady, subtly menacing voice too... a rich, musical voice, but not as deep as Gortez, I should think, as Kane's form is that of a young man (who usually do not have deep basso profundo voices yet). Not like Jack Russell's light tenor (far too pleasant!); perhaps a baritone (? like Mr. Smiley's voice, only evil!)

I think before we meet Kane, we will get more defining information of him -- possibly in a puppet show: some one telling us a story or current events intercepted from a 'magic lantern' transmission. From all the discussion around, I suspect that might come in Chapter 15. As far as meeting Kane himself... haha, I can wait! Here is someone stronger, faster, smarter than anyone else (and is completely self-assured about that fact), so in battle he probably could (and would) throw everything at you: magic, expert sword play with shadows/poison/ect. all our tricks plus his own, superior strength (think of all the relentless and vengeance strikes!), other ranged attacks... oy, no wonder he's not too worried about us. And as Supreme General (or whatever he calls himself) of the Armada, game-wise, I would hypothesize that he is of the Privateer class, and thus would be an 'uber' Privateer. Just think of buffed and enhanced Battle Angels and Dragoons (not to mention any other new and nasty shock troops), who can be healed too -- and these troops would stand in our way to Kane, certainly.

Though there is one scenario I can imagine where Kane might appear, fight a bit, and withdraw... and that concerns The Map. He wants our map pieces: he knows we want his. He can wait for us to enter his stronghold in Cadiz, and ambush us when we try to sneak in to get his Map pieces. One alternative is for him to kill us, and get our map pieces. The other, depending on how good a fight we put up (and we will), is to let us get away with it, let us go to the trouble of finding the last map pieces and getting the windstone, and simply follow us to El Dorado...

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Sheesh now I Really feel nervous x remembers test realm x