Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I think I wasted my money

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
Hi everyone, this is, I guess sort of a rant just to vent some anger. I renewed my membership yesterday on the 8th. I renewed it because I wanted to give the game one more chance to find some new friends. I started another privateer character, simply because I love the class and want to relive all those awesome adventures that could only be lived on that class of pirate. I did find a few new friends but they only play once in a great while, or can only play for a short time. And not only that but its also hard to find anyone around just willing to help. I understand there are others who have quests, but when you are on or close to the same quest that I am, why not just let us quest together and then continue on from there? Or if you have already finished everything in the game and have nothing else to do, why not just lend someone a hand for a few quests? Sometimes I just don't understand other pirate players. I miss all my old friends who I first met in the game. The friends who ALWAYS helped me, whether they were busy or not, who would always be at my side if I needed some healing or extra muscle on my team, but life has seemed to have caught up with them and wont let them play. I really wish the game was made just a little bit easier, enemies with lowered health, a little bit less damage, nothing drastic but just a little. Some quests are truly impossible to do on your own. I don't know what to do to find more friends like that who play every day like what I do. I really think I made a mistake by renewing my membership with money I really didn't have. That is all. Sorry to whine and groan about this topic and bug all of you.

~Faithful Wolf Freeman~ Level 65 Privateer, Vice Admiral

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CaptainAureus on Oct 10, 2013 wrote:
Hi everyone, this is, I guess sort of a rant just to vent some anger. I renewed my membership yesterday on the 8th. I renewed it because I wanted to give the game one more chance to find some new friends. I started another privateer character, simply because I love the class and want to relive all those awesome adventures that could only be lived on that class of pirate. I did find a few new friends but they only play once in a great while, or can only play for a short time. And not only that but its also hard to find anyone around just willing to help. I understand there are others who have quests, but when you are on or close to the same quest that I am, why not just let us quest together and then continue on from there? Or if you have already finished everything in the game and have nothing else to do, why not just lend someone a hand for a few quests? Sometimes I just don't understand other pirate players. I miss all my old friends who I first met in the game. The friends who ALWAYS helped me, whether they were busy or not, who would always be at my side if I needed some healing or extra muscle on my team, but life has seemed to have caught up with them and wont let them play. I really wish the game was made just a little bit easier, enemies with lowered health, a little bit less damage, nothing drastic but just a little. Some quests are truly impossible to do on your own. I don't know what to do to find more friends like that who play every day like what I do. I really think I made a mistake by renewing my membership with money I really didn't have. That is all. Sorry to whine and groan about this topic and bug all of you.

Hey Wolf,
I just started a new privateer too. My Chrissy's would be honored to have you on their friend's lists. Just ask anyone that plays with me, I just Love helping my friends out. I am not too proud to take some help too. There is usually just a little bit of arguing about who is gonna bless who the most but I give and I know that I have to take too so that others can be blessed by helping my pirates out. In fact I just spent two days helping another pirate catch his witchdoctor up to my little privateer so that we can quest together. I think you will fit right in with any number of my Chrissy's and I am most willing to do what is needed to match our quests so that we can quest together. It is so much more fun that way.
So what say you? I generally meet folk in Avery's court, by the fountain, on Vadima realm. What day and time would you like to meet? I no longer work so time is not really an issue for me. x Extends hand x Wanna come quest

Community Leader
Oh my....

Things can be tough in pirates but I think there are people out there willing to help, and looking for friends like yourself.

If you haven't already I would like to recommend that you join Pirate101 Central Forums, one of many official community fansites/forums. (See the official community fansite page).

Its a little easier to reach out to other pirates there, and I wouldn't be surprised if you find/meet a few new friends and start having more fun!

Best of luck to you!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
First Mate
Dec 12, 2011

I could help you, my friend (if i can find you ). I have several different pirates on different levels all over the map, but they all go by the same name (~Bloody Belle). Here's what I got...

~Swashbuckler (65)
~Privateer (52)
~Musketeer (24)
~Witchdoctor (16-ish)

Anyone of them close to your new pirate..? If you're a level 20, then I don't mind having my level 24 pirate hold off and help you til you catch up (then we can start questing together, i guess ).

It's usually much funner questing together with someone else then by yourself anyways,

Petty Officer
Sep 27, 2013

I'd be glad to help ye on yer new Privateer account, gimme a time zone, place and yer Privateers name and I'll be sure to be there and add ye as me friend.