Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

When does Pirate101 take place?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 24, 2013
I know the game came out after Wizard101, but in the game itself does the story take place after the events of Malistaire or after ALL the events from Wizard101. Here my reasoning as to why I ask this question........

The librarian from Wizard City is seen in a world only in Pirate101 (In which sadly I don't remember the name of the world ); you can tell he put a lot of age into him and he called you a "wizard" by accident and saying "force of habit". So that's my topic; I'm not that far into the game so if anyone else wants to put some more things down; I'll well be happy.

Faithful Molly Blake lvl 22 Swashbuckler

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Rainstorm286 on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
I know the game came out after Wizard101, but in the game itself does the story take place after the events of Malistaire or after ALL the events from Wizard101. Here my reasoning as to why I ask this question........

The librarian from Wizard City is seen in a world only in Pirate101 (In which sadly I don't remember the name of the world ); you can tell he put a lot of age into him and he called you a "wizard" by accident and saying "force of habit". So that's my topic; I'm not that far into the game so if anyone else wants to put some more things down; I'll well be happy.

Pirate101 takes place at roughly the same time as the first story arc of Wizard101. When you get to mooshu, you get a puppet show that reveals that the Emperor of Mooshu has already fallen ill due to a certain necromancer, but has not yet been cured. This means that your pirate gains access to Mooshu at roughly the same time as your wizard, however they never meet because they are in different skyways.

When you reach Marleybone, you gain the companion Gracie Conrad, Blind Mew has stated that this is the same character as Grace Conrad found in Celestia in Wizard101. This suggests that either, the pirates reach Marleybone before the Wizards get to Celestia, or that the Wizards have already completed Celestia and that Gracie has been called back to Marleybone to help with the war effort. Personally, I think this latter thought works best, it is the simplest explanation of the dual Gracies.

So...
When we are in Mooshu, the wizards are currently running around Mooshu's Imperial Skyway. But when we reach Marleybone, the Wizards have already started their second story arc and are probably in Zafaria. This means, that Pirate101 and Wizard101 are roughly concurrent, but due to their different adventures, the pirates and wizards will often move through worlds faster or slower than the other.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
The pirate PC gets to MooShu before the wizard PC has awakened and restored the Emperor, so we are there at about the same time, since the wizard is hot on Malistaire's heels. But there is no talk of the war with the Armada (or Polaris) when the wizard goes through Marleybone. Since Dr. Meowiarty is in prison when the pirate gets to MB, I presume that the Wizard has already been through there. Also Grace Jones permanently joins the pirate's crew in Marleybone, but she was on the research expedition that the wizard saves in Celestia. This leads me to believe that the wizard can travel through time as well as space when he/she uses a spiral key. If so, the wizard's timeline will be different from that of the rest of the spiral. They probably go through a class in Ravenwood learning to cope with temporal paradox.

Developer

The official answer to this question is "at roughly the same time." And I'm not going to get any finer than that.

And incidentally, the Argleston you meet in Cool Ranch is NOT the Wizard librarian - they're cousins. Check the first name, and you'll see they're different people. This Argleston is an academic and field researcher, currently researching his new Scholastic History of the Spiral in 26 Volumes. Volume 19 is about Cool Ranch.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012

i would say the game takes place side-by-side on it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

You see him in cool ranch. Blind Mew said that it is 'About' the same time period but he doesn't want to pin it down exactly to avoid any time space continuum paradoxes.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

P.S. (lol I keep forgetting to do this. Task orientated I guess );
Welcome to the message boards family Rainstorm 286. You will find us a silly but imaginative but helpful bunch that likes to make each other giggle.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2011
Blind Mew once said that Pirate101 and Wizard101 take place at about the same time. Later on, when you get to Mooshu, there is a puppet show about the Emperor of Mooshu and the evil warlords. In the puppet show, it shows Malistaire cursing the Emperor into a deep sleep. There was also another post where Blind Mew said that about the time your pirate arrives at Mooshu your wizard arrives about the same time there trying to heal the Emperor.
Another thing is, in Celestia, there is a dog NPC named Grace Conrad. She is in this game as the companion, Gracie Conrad. Either she returned from Celestia when we arrived at Marleybone, or she went to Celestia after the El Dorado storyline. (Thank you blind Mew for answering that question in another thread. ^^) I like to think that she returned from Celestia.
The NPC in Cool Ranch is named Desmond Argleston. The Librarian in Wizard City is named Harold Argleston. My theory is that Desmond is actually Harold's father, or grand father, or however many great grandfathers. Desmond was probably the old librarian before Harold, and Harold took over as librarian when Desmond got too old and retired. Then again, that's just a theory that I created.

~Quick Pearl

P.S. Totally off topic, but you're going to have a lot of fun playing Swashbuckler in later levels. ^^

Ensign
Jan 02, 2011

I'm pretty sure Blind Mew said in one of the story threads, that we're in Mooshu at the same time our wizards are. And Wizard City's current librarian is Harold Argleston, the dude we see in the Silver Spur Saloon is Desmond Argleston. Since they look pretty similar, Desmond an older version of Harold, I figure that Harold Argleston is Desmond Agrleston's son, so he probably lived in Wizard City for a while.

Two-faced Darcy Freeman
Lvl 62 Witchdoctor

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Desmond Argleston is seen in Cool Ranch who is in some way related to Harold Argleston, the librarian in Wizard101.

I am guessing Pirate takes place at the same time or before because, in Mooshu, they talk about "after the emperor became ill" so Malistaire has already infected him but the wizard hasn't saved him yet.

Captain
May 16, 2011
Ah, excellent point, but a quick reminder that the librarian in Wizard City is Harold Argleston, while the Argleston in Cool Ranch is someone else.

Welcome to the message boards Rain Storm. We are a fun group that love to share creative ideas with each other, Role Play, and downright have a lot fun! Oh wait, I already said fun.....Anyway, with that sort of reasoning, I'm sure you're gonna fit right in.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
You guys were all great. Pardon my slip Rainstorm in forgetting to mention that the librarians are related and not the same person.
Well done, Thunderchu in the welcoming department. Keep up the great work, just loving it.

Ensign
May 24, 2013
Blind Mew on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
The official answer to this question is "at roughly the same time." And I'm not going to get any finer than that.

And incidentally, the Argleston you meet in Cool Ranch is NOT the Wizard librarian - they're cousins. Check the first name, and you'll see they're different people. This Argleston is an academic and field researcher, currently researching his new Scholastic History of the Spiral in 26 Volumes. Volume 19 is about Cool Ranch.
Everything makes sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Much since now :D Thanks everyone

Faithful Molly Blake Lvl 24

Ensign
May 24, 2013
Quick Pearl on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:
Blind Mew once said that Pirate101 and Wizard101 take place at about the same time. Later on, when you get to Mooshu, there is a puppet show about the Emperor of Mooshu and the evil warlords. In the puppet show, it shows Malistaire cursing the Emperor into a deep sleep. There was also another post where Blind Mew said that about the time your pirate arrives at Mooshu your wizard arrives about the same time there trying to heal the Emperor.
Another thing is, in Celestia, there is a dog NPC named Grace Conrad. She is in this game as the companion, Gracie Conrad. Either she returned from Celestia when we arrived at Marleybone, or she went to Celestia after the El Dorado storyline. (Thank you blind Mew for answering that question in another thread. ^^) I like to think that she returned from Celestia.
The NPC in Cool Ranch is named Desmond Argleston. The Librarian in Wizard City is named Harold Argleston. My theory is that Desmond is actually Harold's father, or grand father, or however many great grandfathers. Desmond was probably the old librarian before Harold, and Harold took over as librarian when Desmond got too old and retired. Then again, that's just a theory that I created.

~Quick Pearl

P.S. Totally off topic, but you're going to have a lot of fun playing Swashbuckler in later levels. ^^
Ok this one made since when it came to the Liberian from Wizard101. After reading this my guess is (Since Blind Mew said that their cousins) what they say up there ^^^^^^^^^^^ that Desmond retired as a Liberian and Harold took over is true. It made since that he accidentally called your pirate a wizard saying "force of habit". He was so used to it :D.

I guess I wasn't awake when I went through most of Cool Ranch . I thought they were the same person Thanks

Faithful Molly Blake lvl 24

Ensign
Aug 01, 2012
Don't forget about Malistare they mentioned him in mooshu that he wanted the key to Dragonsphyre but the emperor refused him so he put him in a dark sleep....

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
Blind Mew on Nov 11, 2013 wrote:

does that go the same for Arthur Wethersfield and Nigel Wethersfield(who was turned into stone and captured by medusa) or are they the same people?