Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Housing Is a Bit Lackluster

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 08, 2009
I recently renewed my sub on wizard, and I just took a stroll through a few of my houses, Which made me think of something. Pirate has substantially less housing items than wizard does. Sure, pirate is still new, but it seems like you guys over at the KI headquarters in TX have been able to transfer some things over from wiz to pirate, why not housing items? plus, even though the amount of items are small, we still don't get much of a variety on the items. About 50% of the housing items seem to come from either vendors in skull island, or the aztecasaur pack. Not to mention, when I got the Aquila house, I was thinking, wow, how will I decorate this? It would feel very out of place to put any aztecasaur, mooshu, SI or CR items in it. Plus, we have a vendor in Aquila who only sells a large treasure pile, and a marleybone vendor who sells a pile of treasure, with about 2 other items you can get from the port royal vendor, who sells items that don't really fit into marleybone, even if there was a MB house. Now, onto the houses themselves. It seems that all but one are Skull island based. The first four houses out from the game's release were like this, and it seems like all the school houses are still in Skull Isle (Some people say the buckler one is MB, but from the look of the landscape it seems like SI at night). And even though I got it, I don't like the Idea of an AQ house right now. Don't get me wrong, I love AQ, (Second only to CR) but it seems like a bad decision right now. like I said, there isn't much to put into the place that fits in, so it's basically like you can either have a blank slate or a jumbled mismatched house. It would have been cooler to have a Mooshu or Cool Ranch house, considering both of those have housing items that fit in (if you haven't figured out yet I'm a bit of a housing aficionado) and who wouldn't want a house like El Toro's estate or a Mooshu fortress like Kotan. I'm almost done, but another thing Wiz holds above us is the size. The first Wizard bundle had the massive fantasy palace (Which I still have!) and that thing was about the size of both of our bundle houses put together. Just the outside of it is about the size of the buccaneer house and the inside put's the buckler house's inside to shame.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get that out there. And BTW, this is my 101st post! yay!

F.R. Holystone
lv 65

Bosun
Dec 21, 2009
Elemutation on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:
I recently renewed my sub on wizard, and I just took a stroll through a few of my houses, Which made me think of something. Pirate has substantially less housing items than wizard does. Sure, pirate is still new, but it seems like you guys over at the KI headquarters in TX have been able to transfer some things over from wiz to pirate, why not housing items? plus, even though the amount of items are small, we still don't get much of a variety on the items. About 50% of the housing items seem to come from either vendors in skull island, or the aztecasaur pack. Not to mention, when I got the Aquila house, I was thinking, wow, how will I decorate this? It would feel very out of place to put any aztecasaur, mooshu, SI or CR items in it. Plus, we have a vendor in Aquila who only sells a large treasure pile, and a marleybone vendor who sells a pile of treasure, with about 2 other items you can get from the port royal vendor, who sells items that don't really fit into marleybone, even if there was a MB house. Now, onto the houses themselves. It seems that all but one are Skull island based. The first four houses out from the game's release were like this, and it seems like all the school houses are still in Skull Isle (Some people say the buckler one is MB, but from the look of the landscape it seems like SI at night). And even though I got it, I don't like the Idea of an AQ house right now. Don't get me wrong, I love AQ, (Second only to CR) but it seems like a bad decision right now. like I said, there isn't much to put into the place that fits in, so it's basically like you can either have a blank slate or a jumbled mismatched house. It would have been cooler to have a Mooshu or Cool Ranch house, considering both of those have housing items that fit in (if you haven't figured out yet I'm a bit of a housing aficionado) and who wouldn't want a house like El Toro's estate or a Mooshu fortress like Kotan. I'm almost done, but another thing Wiz holds above us is the size. The first Wizard bundle had the massive fantasy palace (Which I still have!) and that thing was about the size of both of our bundle houses put together. Just the outside of it is about the size of the buccaneer house and the inside put's the buckler house's inside to shame.

Sorry for the rant, but I just had to get that out there. And BTW, this is my 101st post! yay!

F.R. Holystone
lv 65
I know.

I wish I could find Aquilan Housing more easily.
In W101 almost every world has a housing vendor. Each vendor sells plenty of world related items.
P101, not as many items, not as many vendors, and almost nothing in certain world related items (Monquista & Aquila are the ones I've see,).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Elemutation on Nov 29, 2013 wrote:

F.R. Holystone
lv 65
x Raises a tankard of yum in honor of your 100 post and your new rank. x
Congratulations Lieutenant Holystone, or is it Lieutenant Elemutation? Either way, congrats.

Captain
May 02, 2009
I used to be the same way back in my Wizard101 days. But I agree. Its weird to have an Aquilan themed house full of Cool Ranch housing items. Its okay to have few rooms full of out-of-place items (A room dedicated to Mooshu housing items, etc.) but having a Mooshu house entirely full of Cool Ranch furniture is really out of place.

I would also like to bring up the fact that some rooms in P101 houses are too big, considering the size of most housing items. In Wizard, I can fill up a room easily and have barely any room to walk through it, but In pirate, there's so much excess space in a room and it makes it look too empty. It takes me a quarter of the max housing space to fill that one room. Anyway, I hope in the future of Pirate101, those Handyman Turtles start spreading across the spiral (in wizard, most housing vendors are Turtles with a construction hat and hammer)

Wicked Jack Devereaux
Underworlder