Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

How to train your Catbeard

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I just got Catbeard a few days ago. I was just wondering how I should train him? What abilities, and talents should I get him?

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Honestly, it depends on your class and battle strategy. I personally have Repel Boarders, Flanking, Riposte, and Relentless 2 on mine, as well as a boost in Will for my Catbeard since that would help in Relentless as well as his damage.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
If you try to set up flanking opportunities, Catbeard does great with Riposte 2, Relentless 2, Flanking, Dodge 4, Accuracy 4, Rough 4, and Will 4.
If you prefer to shield your squishies with melee units, Riposte 3 keeps Catbeard alive longer and gives him more ripostes and therefore more relentless triggers against melee units.
Since flanking cues more enemy attacks and a successful flank attack triggers relentless as well, I can frequently get 8 attacks against melee enemies or 4-5 attacks against ranged units in a round with the previous build.

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
According to Adventures of the Spiral they said to give him Riposte x3 and Relentless x2 and he will be epic then for his next 2? promotions I would give him Repel Boarders x2 so yeah bye