Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Suggestion for a Location Change

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 07, 2014
I have thought on several occasions that I would be more likely to use the character (cannot remember proper name) that provides quick travel for a cost if it were placed in an easier to reach location.

My suggestion is to move this character next to the Life Fountain for each zone they are part of for easier access and less hunting to find them.

That is all.

Developer
It seems to me it's still faster to run 30 seconds down to the beach than it is to sail all the way back to Aquila through the Stormgates.

Community Leader
However the life fountain is not generally near the action, or even in the area its for.
They are always on the docks, the entrance.

With the transportalators being usually "in town", it actually gives us more control over where we go and how we get there (and gets us closer to where we are going in the first place).

Putting them in the same location, limits us IMO.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Feb 07, 2014
Rather amazing responses.

If I understand correctly, no location change because it is still faster than going by ship, and most Life Fountains' are near the docks (that everyone is familiar with)

I have to wonder if some of the more popular posters here were to suggest such a thing if it would receive the same "brush off" or be taken a little more seriously?

Neither response from my perspective is overly valid.

@Ratbeard, to say it is still faster than by ship, is rather silly to the point of the post.

@Dr Zeppers, because it would be near a LF does not put it too far from anything in a town. Either way, you still have to hoof it on foot to reach it in the first place or start from the town gates. I am not sure how random location placement gives more control than a standardized location.

The point of my post was fairly straight forward; moving them near the LF make then easier to reach as there is no hunting for them. Each and everyone would be a known location, no hunting required.

I could care less where they might be placed but I think a standard or uniform location is more desirable than randomly placed in various worlds.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
WindAnchor on May 2, 2014 wrote:
Rather amazing responses.

If I understand correctly, no location change because it is still faster than going by ship, and most Life Fountains' are near the docks (that everyone is familiar with)

I have to wonder if some of the more popular posters here were to suggest such a thing if it would receive the same "brush off" or be taken a little more seriously?

Neither response from my perspective is overly valid.

@Ratbeard, to say it is still faster than by ship, is rather silly to the point of the post.

@Dr Zeppers, because it would be near a LF does not put it too far from anything in a town. Either way, you still have to hoof it on foot to reach it in the first place or start from the town gates. I am not sure how random location placement gives more control than a standardized location.

The point of my post was fairly straight forward; moving them near the LF make then easier to reach as there is no hunting for them. Each and everyone would be a known location, no hunting required.

I could care less where they might be placed but I think a standard or uniform location is more desirable than randomly placed in various worlds.
Hello there WindAnchor.

I understand where you are coming from and do get what you are saying. In some cases it would be beneficial for the Transportalator to be close to the Life Fountain, but the only one that really seems to help would be the Skull Island one because of the shortcut button to transport to the Avery Court Life Fountain (although, that may or may not be gone with the new updates...I can't remember and would have to verify).

Positioning the other Transportalators near the life fountains in the other worlds probably won't benefit your pirates travels too much, because there are no shortcut buttons to those fountains- unless you happen to be bound to that particular fountain. In most cases you will more than likely be off questing in another location in that respective world and will therefore be bound to that location's LF and not the one near the Transportalator. Then you will still have to 'hoof' it to the "home location" docks where the LF and Transportalator both reside. If you leave that home location to quest then, and are bound to a different fountain, unless you mark/recall, you won't be able to fast travel close to the Transportalator to take advantage of it being close to the different LF that you are not currently bound to.

I think maybe a possible solution to this would be a Transportalator Shortcut Button on the screen that can take you to your pirates' current world's Transportalator. That way you would have instant access to fast travel to other worlds- although you would still have to bind your pirate to that LF. The only problem with this is that it would take away from a pirate being a pirate- we are wanderers and nomads that are supposed to travel long spans by ship to satisfy our yearning for the pirate way of life. But the shortcut would be an option after all, and those that wish to 'bypass being more like a pirate' could and those that sought after the perils of the open Skyways and distant lands could stick to the "good ol' fashion" pirate-y ways of travel.

Oh, and by the way- even the "more popular posters" do get "brushed-off". I, myself, have been brushed off enough times to almost convince me that in a past life I was a Shetland Pony. But it shouldn't stop us from expressing our concerns or opinions and/or offering up suggestions and feedback. Everyone's voice in the community matters (including yours), just not every single thing can be truly heard.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 2, 2014 wrote:
Hello there WindAnchor.

I understand where you are coming from and do get what you are saying. In some cases it would be beneficial for the Transportalator to be close to the Life Fountain, but the only one that really seems to help would be the Skull Island one because of the shortcut button to transport to the Avery Court Life Fountain (although, that may or may not be gone with the new updates...I can't remember and would have to verify).

Positioning the other Transportalators near the life fountains in the other worlds probably won't benefit your pirates travels too much, because there are no shortcut buttons to those fountains- unless you happen to be bound to that particular fountain. In most cases you will more than likely be off questing in another location in that respective world and will therefore be bound to that location's LF and not the one near the Transportalator. Then you will still have to 'hoof' it to the "home location" docks where the LF and Transportalator both reside. If you leave that home location to quest then, and are bound to a different fountain, unless you mark/recall, you won't be able to fast travel close to the Transportalator to take advantage of it being close to the different LF that you are not currently bound to.

I think maybe a possible solution to this would be a Transportalator Shortcut Button on the screen that can take you to your pirates' current world's Transportalator. That way you would have instant access to fast travel to other worlds- although you would still have to bind your pirate to that LF. The only problem with this is that it would take away from a pirate being a pirate- we are wanderers and nomads that are supposed to travel long spans by ship to satisfy our yearning for the pirate way of life. But the shortcut would be an option after all, and those that wish to 'bypass being more like a pirate' could and those that sought after the perils of the open Skyways and distant lands could stick to the "good ol' fashion" pirate-y ways of travel.

Oh, and by the way- even the "more popular posters" do get "brushed-off". I, myself, have been brushed off enough times to almost convince me that in a past life I was a Shetland Pony. But it shouldn't stop us from expressing our concerns or opinions and/or offering up suggestions and feedback. Everyone's voice in the community matters (including yours), just not every single thing can be truly heard.
Well said Valkoor. Just to add to the point. I do not think that an immediate response from someone of Ratbeard's caliber would be considered a "Brush off". You may not have liked his answer but your post was well paid attention to.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
i too like traveling by ship plus you know where sky creatures are enemy ships so its easier when you do a quest like that
plus pirate101 dont wanna waste the effort the put in into the graphics of this game

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
witchdoctor daruis on May 4, 2014 wrote:
i too like traveling by ship plus you know where sky creatures are enemy ships so its easier when you do a quest like that
plus pirate101 dont wanna waste the effort the put in into the graphics of this game
" pirate101 dont wanna waste the effort the put in into the graphics of this game"
I don't think I match your observations on that particular point. I am constantly wow'd by the amazing graphics of this game. The artists Pirate 101 have poured their hearts into this game and I always poking around into areas that have nothing to do with quest progression and am constantly finding beautiful touches they leave just to make things more visually stunning. Color me impressed.

Ensign
Feb 07, 2014
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 3, 2014 wrote:
Well said Valkoor. Just to add to the point. I do not think that an immediate response from someone of Ratbeard's caliber would be considered a "Brush off". You may not have liked his answer but your post was well paid attention to.
Chrissy, I am not sure what it was he was trying to accomplish in his immediate response; what I do know is how it came across to me personally.

I know you are well liked here and want to support KingsIsle, but the post it is less about me liking or disliking Ratbeard's answer; as the answer had nothing to do with the point of my post.

My point remains a simple one, a standardized location would be better than random locations in various worlds that you have to hunt for to locate.

Having given it more thought, outside the Inn/Traven would be a better place than the LF, but still the same location in each world would be good imo.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
WindAnchor on May 4, 2014 wrote:
Chrissy, I am not sure what it was he was trying to accomplish in his immediate response; what I do know is how it came across to me personally.

I know you are well liked here and want to support KingsIsle, but the post it is less about me liking or disliking Ratbeard's answer; as the answer had nothing to do with the point of my post.

My point remains a simple one, a standardized location would be better than random locations in various worlds that you have to hunt for to locate.

Having given it more thought, outside the Inn/Traven would be a better place than the LF, but still the same location in each world would be good imo.
Well I kind of see it this way: Once you find it then no more searching is involved. You now know where it is and like Ratbeard said, 30 seconds of running is not that much of a delay considering what it would be if it was not there and you had to sail the long way. 30 seconds for a great convenience is not a bad trade off.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

In my opinion, I still believe that the better option would be to just create a shortcut to your pirate's current world's Transportaler, then you can fast travel to all worlds from there. KI could make it so that your pirate would be bound to that world's Life Fountain (location of Transportaler) when you get transportalated, so you would still have immediate access to the docks. I would imagine that it would be easier and require less programming (but I am certainly no programmer and may indeed be entirely wrong) to just create a shortcut button and 'link' all the Transportalers to the shortcut, then it would be to 'physically' move and relocate every Transportaler, en every world. Maybe something like this is an option for future, more convenient travel, perhaps?

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Oh, I forgot to note that I believe, I think that maybe, perhaps, I somewhat know what Ratbeard may have been saying or eluding to in his initial response. I believe (and I could be wrong of course) that it goes something like this:

We pirates already have an accommodating form of fast travel in place, which immensely helps us jump from one world to the next with relatively little effort exerted. It is but a minor inconvenience that we should have to run a short distance to access the fast travel portals when compared to not having a form of fast travel at all, and thus having to manually sail all the way to our desired locations, through possibly numerous Stormgates. Thus, perhaps we should consider ourselves lucky to have the current fast travel option available to us, because we could very well have not have been granted any such amenity.

So, I do believe that his answer did have quite a bit to do with (although subtly implied) the original post, as it shed some light on his views on changing/not changing the current fast travel method/locations.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Don't you remember when we did not have this option? We had to get in our ships and sail to our objective! It took my ship a solid two minutes to get from Skull Island to St. Bonobo's Abbey ( I timed it once ) It's great that we have this option and at a very reasonable payment in crowns as well!

Developer
I don't have any favorites. I dislike you all equally.

Adding our various travel options piecemeal (as we have done) is definitely not optimum; and I know there's more coming (such as, "How do I exit my house, and where do I go when I do?") And we need to wait and see how the upcoming Mark & Recall impacts travel in the near short term.

So I am certainly open to the OP's argument that there are probably better, more logical ways to arrange the various travel anchor points (and at some point, we should do a top-down review).

And yet: The transmogrificaportalizers are still WAY more convenient than the alternatives. Use 'em or don't use 'em, as you wish. I'd have to dramatically increase the gold piece cost for using them before it really impacted anything in my purview.

Hmm....

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ratbeard on May 6, 2014 wrote:
I don't have any favorites. I dislike you all equally.

Adding our various travel options piecemeal (as we have done) is definitely not optimum; and I know there's more coming (such as, "How do I exit my house, and where do I go when I do?") And we need to wait and see how the upcoming Mark & Recall impacts travel in the near short term.

So I am certainly open to the OP's argument that there are probably better, more logical ways to arrange the various travel anchor points (and at some point, we should do a top-down review).

And yet: The transmogrificaportalizers are still WAY more convenient than the alternatives. Use 'em or don't use 'em, as you wish. I'd have to dramatically increase the gold piece cost for using them before it really impacted anything in my purview.

Hmm....
Glad I'm not the only one that has trouble saying and spelling the transpotatoportabellos- however you spell it or say it, they sure are mighty convenient...................and sound surprisingly tasty.

Ensign
Nov 28, 2009
Ratbeard on Apr 30, 2014 wrote:
It seems to me it's still faster to run 30 seconds down to the beach than it is to sail all the way back to Aquila through the Stormgates.

After reading through this, even Ratbeaard's follow up, and considering I haven't made it to all the worlds yet (mooshu is farthest one), isn't there the 'return to skull island' quick button option in every world or does that change later in the game?

My first thought of what he (Ratbeard) meant was to use the "return to skull island shortcut" (from any world), run to the beach to the transportsro krok guy, then go to whatever world you want to return to and you are at the transport thing when you get there (30 seconds) and in that world. That's still my take on it, btw.

My added thoughts to remember the details for msyef - open your map when you've transported somewhere and see where the thing is for future reference, no hunting a transport guy in other worlds involved, done and done.

Only guessing Ratbeard's reply though, that's how it read to me since that's how I use it if I need to (especially for the auction, dorm bank, or class teach stop), otherwise I also enjoy the trip option just for the joy of it, to have a few minutes to just 'ride'.

If your original idea, was to put a transortter guy at every life fountain a pirate is tied to, some of those places we dock don't have life fountains and we are tied to one on another area in that world, or on the idea to put them by taverns, the taverns also aren't in each place we dock, so same issue,

But- WindAnchor, if you didn't care "where", just someplace "the same", like the docks of first town in each new world, then that's an idea as good as any idea, and its good to share ideas, so thank you,

Now the coming mark and return option is the ultimate quick button, but doesn't help first time in new worlds when looking for things, like the krok guy.

Maybe I've misunderstood goal in shortcut transpsort button (sorry if mistaken), but isn't skull island shortcut same option in a way, but for 30 seconds to porsatal guy?

Who knows, maybe if there are no more life fountains (I can't rememeber either) after updates, we'll be tied to transportatl things in each world instead of life fountains all over and looking won't be an issue anyway.

Late but with a new thought to add... hope I wasn't too far off.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
cat agate on May 9, 2014 wrote:
After reading through this, even Ratbeaard's follow up, and considering I haven't made it to all the worlds yet (mooshu is farthest one), isn't there the 'return to skull island' quick button option in every world or does that change later in the game?

My first thought of what he (Ratbeard) meant was to use the "return to skull island shortcut" (from any world), run to the beach to the transportsro krok guy, then go to whatever world you want to return to and you are at the transport thing when you get there (30 seconds) and in that world. That's still my take on it, btw.

My added thoughts to remember the details for msyef - open your map when you've transported somewhere and see where the thing is for future reference, no hunting a transport guy in other worlds involved, done and done.

Only guessing Ratbeard's reply though, that's how it read to me since that's how I use it if I need to (especially for the auction, dorm bank, or class teach stop), otherwise I also enjoy the trip option just for the joy of it, to have a few minutes to just 'ride'.

If your original idea, was to put a transortter guy at every life fountain a pirate is tied to, some of those places we dock don't have life fountains and we are tied to one on another area in that world, or on the idea to put them by taverns, the taverns also aren't in each place we dock, so same issue,

But- WindAnchor, if you didn't care "where", just someplace "the same", like the docks of first town in each new world, then that's an idea as good as any idea, and its good to share ideas, so thank you,

Now the coming mark and return option is the ultimate quick button, but doesn't help first time in new worlds when looking for things, like the krok guy.

Maybe I've misunderstood goal in shortcut transpsort button (sorry if mistaken), but isn't skull island shortcut same option in a way, but for 30 seconds to porsatal guy?

Who knows, maybe if there are no more life fountains (I can't rememeber either) after updates, we'll be tied to transportatl things in each world instead of life fountains all over and looking won't be an issue anyway.

Late but with a new thought to add... hope I wasn't too far off.
Nice new thought(s) Cat and I don't think you were too far off at all, and certainly made perfect sense. As far as my comment about creating a Transportaler shortcut, it was just in response to if anything could be done at all to make it so that no extra steps were required in the transport process...you know a perfect Spiral scenario- which shouldn't exist in my honest opinion. Like you stated, it's simple to hit the Skull Island shortcut and run just a few steps on the beach to gain access to each world (just watch out for them mini crabbie-crawlies).

I, myself, am 100% honky dory with the current fast travel system the way it is and only use the Transportalers occasionally- I mean, Valkoor has a ship and a crew for a reason...for gosh sakes, we be pirates after all. Doesn't make sense to farm for tons of ship equipment, if we hardly ever use the ships themselves (besides for some questing), so sailing the skyways and stormgates is perfectly fine for this Captain and his Crew.....with an occasional stop at the Krok guy when Valkoor has to high tale it outta there in a hurry.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 9, 2014 wrote:
Nice new thought(s) Cat and I don't think you were too far off at all, and certainly made perfect sense. As far as my comment about creating a Transportaler shortcut, it was just in response to if anything could be done at all to make it so that no extra steps were required in the transport process...you know a perfect Spiral scenario- which shouldn't exist in my honest opinion. Like you stated, it's simple to hit the Skull Island shortcut and run just a few steps on the beach to gain access to each world (just watch out for them mini crabbie-crawlies).

I, myself, am 100% honky dory with the current fast travel system the way it is and only use the Transportalers occasionally- I mean, Valkoor has a ship and a crew for a reason...for gosh sakes, we be pirates after all. Doesn't make sense to farm for tons of ship equipment, if we hardly ever use the ships themselves (besides for some questing), so sailing the skyways and stormgates is perfectly fine for this Captain and his Crew.....with an occasional stop at the Krok guy when Valkoor has to high tale it outta there in a hurry.
Absolutely, Valkoor. Besides why waste all that beautiful scenery ( not to mention the hard work by the artists at KI ) !

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
anecorbie on May 9, 2014 wrote:
Absolutely, Valkoor. Besides why waste all that beautiful scenery ( not to mention the hard work by the artists at KI ) !
Indeed Esperanza. Those 'poor souls' that slave away at KI, definitely didn't do so just for our pirates or us to hop around with eyes closed. We should all take a longer, more appreciative look around, smell the seaweed will ye?....perhaps gain a glimpse of something glorious, breathtaking and jaw-dropping. You know...dare to be inspired by the magic that others have created- those artists surely do deserve that much.

Ensign
Nov 28, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on May 9, 2014 wrote:

Thank you Valkoor, I tried to get it out right... (my brain can wander---oooh, look at the silly faces there when I write a...) oh, uh...yea. I just thought I'd add the simpleness of my first impression (but touched on some of the other comments too) thank goodness for the 'click to stay logged in' option. I agree a quick bbutton would make for a great getqway after some wild and risky piratin' ways!

I gave a second look a the comment Ratbeard made about the thought of more gold cost and his ending "hmm..." they are waaay to creative to resist temptation to give a pirate's due.... Call me happy with all they have done and are still doing. Happy Thoughts Ratbeard, no issues, none at all I'll just be off then... there's that portal, so glad I had my map...shouldn't have told everyone I use the skull island shortcut, now they know where to look..!

It's good to know Ratbeard and the others read these ideas, workable or not, we can rest assured they are taking it all in, after all, isn't that why we're in test right now? They are putting many of our ideas into the game for all of us. yay! As for their creativity, I agree with you all on that one, I like to look into every nook and hook of areas and run around every edge and building and bush to see what's there and check around the skyways whether we need to be there or not (could be some part of why I'm only as far as Mooshu, lol).

Mabe it's been noticed before, but has anyone looked at the mermaid ship (forget what its called?) the ship front mount, ship head thing, the mermaid one in Gullet under Johantown(the whale) that raises over our heads if you go to theleft as soon as you get down there to see the frog guy on the corner of the dock? (Turn around and look up to what you just ran under, seems like simple parts of ships)

She moves if you watch her, she looks at you!!!

That detail is way beyond creative and its stuff like that I find everywhere. Maybe it was a post in different area with different topic (since this is now off topic a bit) about what ya seen out there but I missed it, if there is, let meknow I'd like to read that one... If not, maybe it would be interesting to start... I couldn't do it with my limitations, but there's a lot o talent here...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
cat agate on May 10, 2014 wrote:
Thank you Valkoor, I tried to get it out right... (my brain can wander---oooh, look at the silly faces there when I write a...) oh, uh...yea. I just thought I'd add the simpleness of my first impression (but touched on some of the other comments too) thank goodness for the 'click to stay logged in' option. I agree a quick bbutton would make for a great getqway after some wild and risky piratin' ways!

I gave a second look a the comment Ratbeard made about the thought of more gold cost and his ending "hmm..." they are waaay to creative to resist temptation to give a pirate's due.... Call me happy with all they have done and are still doing. Happy Thoughts Ratbeard, no issues, none at all I'll just be off then... there's that portal, so glad I had my map...shouldn't have told everyone I use the skull island shortcut, now they know where to look..!

It's good to know Ratbeard and the others read these ideas, workable or not, we can rest assured they are taking it all in, after all, isn't that why we're in test right now? They are putting many of our ideas into the game for all of us. yay! As for their creativity, I agree with you all on that one, I like to look into every nook and hook of areas and run around every edge and building and bush to see what's there and check around the skyways whether we need to be there or not (could be some part of why I'm only as far as Mooshu, lol).

Mabe it's been noticed before, but has anyone looked at the mermaid ship (forget what its called?) the ship front mount, ship head thing, the mermaid one in Gullet under Johantown(the whale) that raises over our heads if you go to theleft as soon as you get down there to see the frog guy on the corner of the dock? (Turn around and look up to what you just ran under, seems like simple parts of ships)

She moves if you watch her, she looks at you!!!

That detail is way beyond creative and its stuff like that I find everywhere. Maybe it was a post in different area with different topic (since this is now off topic a bit) about what ya seen out there but I missed it, if there is, let meknow I'd like to read that one... If not, maybe it would be interesting to start... I couldn't do it with my limitations, but there's a lot o talent here...
You are preaching to the choir as far as I am concerned. I do a LOT of poking around and taking of screenshots just to capture the beauty of this great game. I have seen that mermaid but I didn't look long enough to see her move. What a great catch. Now I gotta to check her out again. *Cleans screenshot lense*