Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Your ideas on Rank 4 and 5 epics!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Hello to everyone who may happen to stop by this thread! I do not intend this to be suggestions to the P101 crew as to Rank 4 and 5 epics, just a discussion on what people think the Rank 4 and 5 of each of the epic talents should be! It can go something like this:

Epic: First Strike 4
Description: Strike before your enemy including Sneak Attacks. +25% damage. 30% chance of causing bleeding.
Explanation of certain details in description: Same aspects as First Strike 3 except of 30% chance of causing bleeding. Bleeding induced is 75% of User's weapon damage, and may not stack on to additional bleeding.

If you want to add additional triggers to these new ranked epics, you may. If you wish to remove the aspects of their Rank 3 counterpart, you may do so. The only rule I think should exist is to keep it logical and not OP. These may not be intended to be suggestions, but c'mon. If you made something like:

Epic: First Strike 4
Description: Strike before your enemy including sneak attack. 150% damage. Induces bleeding.
Explanation: Bleeding may stack, 150% of user's damage.

If you feel someone else's idea is missing some things or appears too strong, please be respectful when it comes to your arguments.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Alright, time to list some of my ideas down:

Epic: Riposte 4
Description: Bonus attack after blocking a melee attack. Increase dodge. 10% chance of aggravating target.
Explanation: The same as Riposte 3. The aggravation of target makes the target try to attack the user again, therefore increasing the chances of another Riposte kicking in. A very nice twist to it

Epic: Quick Draw 4
Description: Shoot first before your attacker shoots. Affects sneak attacks. +25% damage. -20% dodge.
Explanation: Same as Quick Draw 3 except for the dodge debuff. The dodge debuff may not stack on one enemy to keep it fair. It lasts for 1 round.

Epic: Repel Boarders 4 ( Exclusive to Privateer companions )
Description: Bonus attack when enemy approaches. Reduces accuracy. -5% Critical Chance
Explanation: Same as Repel Boarders 3 with addition of Critical debuff. Both last for only 1 round.

Ensign
Jun 21, 2013
Nice ideas Richard
Epic 4: Turn the Tide 4

Seeing how Turn the Tide 3 MIGHT be +50% to Damage and +25% to Accuracy
Turn the Tide 4 would be +50% to Accuracy and Damage
Epic 4: Pirate 4
Since Pirate 3 is +25% Damage and +50% Accuracy
Pirate 4 would be +25% Damage and +50% Accuracy and +10% Critical Buff
Epic 5: Pirate 5
Pirate 5 would be +50% to Accuracy and Damage + 15% Critical Buff
Here's to add to your Riposte 4 if I may,
Epic 5: Riposte 5
Riposte 5 would be When dodge/block attack increase dodge, +25% to Aggravate target and +5% to add bleeding.

Petty Officer
Mar 11, 2011
Here's my ideas.

Relentless 4: Bonus attack if you hit, Increased % vs Wounded enemies, +5% critical rating for self(2 rounds)

Mojo Echo 4: Bonus attack if you hit, Increased % vs Wounded enemies, -5% damage to enemy(2 rounds)

Burst Fire 4: Bonus attack if you hit, Increased % vs Wounded enemies, -1 to Movement for enemy(2 rounds)

Witch Hunter 4: Bonus attack when enemy uses magic, -50% Damage, +20% Resistance(2 rounds)

Hold the Line 4: Halt enemies who move into your area, reduce Dodge by 50%, +20% armor to self(1 round)

Improved Mojo Blast 4: Basic magic attack effects larger area, +20% damage, reduce enemy resistance by 20% or 20(whichever is higher)

Hope you like them

Jacob

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
BuccaneeringPrivat... on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
Nice ideas Richard
Epic 4: Turn the Tide 4

Seeing how Turn the Tide 3 MIGHT be +50% to Damage and +25% to Accuracy
Turn the Tide 4 would be +50% to Accuracy and Damage
Epic 4: Pirate 4
Since Pirate 3 is +25% Damage and +50% Accuracy
Pirate 4 would be +25% Damage and +50% Accuracy and +10% Critical Buff
Epic 5: Pirate 5
Pirate 5 would be +50% to Accuracy and Damage + 15% Critical Buff
Here's to add to your Riposte 4 if I may,
Epic 5: Riposte 5
Riposte 5 would be When dodge/block attack increase dodge, +25% to Aggravate target and +5% to add bleeding.
Yeah, nice ideas too Buccaneering, and welcome to the boards

I was having the same thoughts for the Turn the Tide series as well as Pirate series as they simply just added more percentage to the previous numbers.

Riposte 5 is also something I can agree with too, makes a very interesting battle with someone with an epic talent like that

Ensign
Jun 21, 2013
BrownBeard094 on Jun 21, 2014 wrote:
Here's my ideas.

Relentless 4: Bonus attack if you hit, Increased % vs Wounded enemies, +5% critical rating for self(2 rounds)

Mojo Echo 4: Bonus attack if you hit, Increased % vs Wounded enemies, -5% damage to enemy(2 rounds)

Burst Fire 4: Bonus attack if you hit, Increased % vs Wounded enemies, -1 to Movement for enemy(2 rounds)

Witch Hunter 4: Bonus attack when enemy uses magic, -50% Damage, +20% Resistance(2 rounds)

Hold the Line 4: Halt enemies who move into your area, reduce Dodge by 50%, +20% armor to self(1 round)

Improved Mojo Blast 4: Basic magic attack effects larger area, +20% damage, reduce enemy resistance by 20% or 20(whichever is higher)

Hope you like them

Jacob
Very nice on the Hold the Line 4 being a huge fan I'd love to see that, nice ones with the others also BrownBeard094 those 2 rounds would be intense in pvp (Even though not big on it) and solo battles

- Not about what level you are. Just how you act to the lower levels. 65 , ,

Ensign
Jun 21, 2013
Another GREAT idea (In my opinion, can disagree if you want) for all types of rank 4 epics, could be instead of 3, could be 5.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
BuccaneeringPrivat... on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
Another GREAT idea (In my opinion, can disagree if you want) for all types of rank 4 epics, could be instead of 3, could be 5.

That would be nice, but it would REALLY get annoying with bosses, especially when it's a special condition like "Defeat the Boss", making it quite a challenge, hehe

Ensign
Jun 21, 2013
Gruesome Richard on Jun 27, 2014 wrote:
That would be nice, but it would REALLY get annoying with bosses, especially when it's a special condition like "Defeat the Boss", making it quite a challenge, hehe
That is VERY true. Hahaha