Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Krokotopia???

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 27, 2014
Look, I am confused. How are Kingsisle going to do Krokotopia in Pirate101? I'd much prefer Wizard City, you could fight Ambrose in a fight for rights on Skull Island, that'd be fun.

Patrick Ironside Level 65 Musketeer

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
KingOfCoolRanch on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Look, I am confused. How are Kingsisle going to do Krokotopia in Pirate101? I'd much prefer Wizard City, you could fight Ambrose in a fight for rights on Skull Island, that'd be fun.

Woah, woah, woah, slow the ship down there, Your Majesty.

We don't know if they will be adding Krokotopia to Pirate101, nobody does except for the Pirate101 crew.

Administrator
KingOfCoolRanch on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:

Hi! Perhaps you mistook the new Marleybone furniture as a hint? This would definitely be unintended!

As it turns out, Marleybonians are particularly fascinated with Krokotopia and Krokotopian artifacts. As noted on the Marleybone world page here on Pirate101.com, "The center of a mercantile empire, Marleybone has colonies in Skull Island, Darkmoor, Krokotopia, and Zafaria, and their trading companies sail the entire Spiral."

I do like the new furniture! What's your favorite piece?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:
Hi! Perhaps you mistook the new Marleybone furniture as a hint? This would definitely be unintended!

As it turns out, Marleybonians are particularly fascinated with Krokotopia and Krokotopian artifacts. As noted on the Marleybone world page here on Pirate101.com, "The center of a mercantile empire, Marleybone has colonies in Skull Island, Darkmoor, Krokotopia, and Zafaria, and their trading companies sail the entire Spiral."

Hi there, One Eyed Jack! My Swashbuckler, Darcy Abbott LOVES the Marleybonean furniture items! They are the perfect addition to her library/ museum, that she's created in her new home! My Privateer and Musketeer are also proud owners of that new invention - the automobile! ( now if they can only get them started )

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jul 10, 2014 wrote:

Gotta go with the Sphinx.I bought two of them,and put them to guard my house.I like the Saint Bernard Statue(perfect to calm down my...collection of...um...permanent residents).Those paintings and the fountains are nice too...But one thing I will say is that I really love it all and I can't wait to get more gold(which should be easy,through plunderin',questing,fighting,and beating up Sha Wujing,or as we know him,Friar Sand) to get it all,because it is just so...what's the word I'm looking for?

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
As I recall, when you got to Krokotopia in W101, you could see ALL of Krokotopia. And it was pretty darn small, too, until you sent inside the pyramid, the sphinx, or the hidden tomb. Exactly where would the pirates go, without forcing a retcon of Krokotopia in W101?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
As I recall the quest where you talk to Hetch Al' Dim, he tells you that the original Krok world collided with the world of the Manders. They took pity on the strangers, who then enslaved the Manders, because they were not war like. So there must be more to Krokotopia than the Sphinx or the Temple of Storms. Like the Pyramids on the Giza Plateau is opposite from the great city of Cairo.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Well, Pirate101 generally does it's own little spin on a world that already appeared in Wizard101. Just look at Mooshu, Marelybone, and Dragonspyre. And Wizard101 did it's own spin on Aquila which already appeared in Pirate101. We'll most likely see a much different side of Krokotopia when it comes. Also, there was an NPC in Wizard101 named Captain Salalabad, Sailor of the Eight Sands. If this were to imply that there are Eight major islands of Krokotopia, then we've only seen 3. 5 new islands for Pirare101 to explore upon.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Max DeGroot on Jul 11, 2014 wrote:
As I recall, when you got to Krokotopia in W101, you could see ALL of Krokotopia. And it was pretty darn small, too, until you sent inside the pyramid, the sphinx, or the hidden tomb. Exactly where would the pirates go, without forcing a retcon of Krokotopia in W101?
You could see all of Krokotopia that the wizard programmers wanted us to see. Just because I sail a ship off shore and can see several islands it doesn't automatically follow that those islands and the coast I sailed from are the whole world.

Note, too, that our pirates are not actually doing their thing in the same time frame as the wizards. I've healed the emperor in Mooshu in Wizard (several times; he might be a wise and benevolent ruler, but he sure is gullible when it comes to a certain wizard). Here in P101 he's still cursed.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
In the case of both Marlebone and Mooshu, there are obviously places your ship can't go or can't dock. Those places could be where the W101 versions are.

In the case of Mooshu, remember that wizards could see the emperor which would place that part behind the huge doors on the P101 Version.

And the Island that has Big Ben on it, where you can't dock is obviously where the P101 version of Marlebone is.

But Krokotopia? You can't see ANYTHING that could be the rest. Surely it did not float out of sight.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jul 13, 2014 wrote:
In the case of both Marlebone and Mooshu, there are obviously places your ship can't go or can't dock. Those places could be where the W101 versions are.

In the case of Mooshu, remember that wizards could see the emperor which would place that part behind the huge doors on the P101 Version.

And the Island that has Big Ben on it, where you can't dock is obviously where the P101 version of Marlebone is.

But Krokotopia? You can't see ANYTHING that could be the rest. Surely it did not float out of sight.
When you are traveling between worlds you sometimes will catch sight of Krokotopia ( You can see the Pyramid )

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 16, 2014 wrote:
When you are traveling between worlds you sometimes will catch sight of Krokotopia ( You can see the Pyramid )
You can also see Wizard City. That does not mean you are going to sail there in the game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
You can also see Wizard City. That does not mean you are going to sail there in the game.
I didn't say that because we can see them, we can sail there. Just that we can see it. But, Krokotopia is one of the origin worlds of our pirates, it would be disappointing not to go there.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I wonder, if we ever travel to Krokotopia, at what time will it be in the W101 story? Perhaps we could get there after the wizards have defeated Krokopatra, and we can assist the Order of the Fang in freeing the Manders?
I agree with Cunning Finnigan that there is obviously more to Krokotopia than what has been seen. The Oasis as seen in W101 is an archaeology dig site. Where do the Manders and Kroks actually live?

Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
Max DeGroot on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
But I think it would imply that it's possible.

Ensign
Oct 08, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 18, 2014 wrote:
I wonder, if we ever travel to Krokotopia, at what time will it be in the W101 story? Perhaps we could get there after the wizards have defeated Krokopatra, and we can assist the Order of the Fang in freeing the Manders?
I agree with Cunning Finnigan that there is obviously more to Krokotopia than what has been seen. The Oasis as seen in W101 is an archaeology dig site. Where do the Manders and Kroks actually live?
I think they have small tiny sized huts that they squeeze their slim bodies in... Then again they are slaves so I think that they don't live, they work. And the Kroks live some where fancy like a huge sand castle or whatever.