Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Pirate Life after reaching level 65

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 19, 2010
I'm searching for guidance and suggestions.

My son wants me to play Pirates 101 again. I'm a level 65 musketeer who hasn't played P101 in a very long time. I'm attempting to play catch up with all the updates that have happened over the last 1-2 years.

Are there new quests or dungeons to complete?

And the same question about any new content or storylines to explore or experience.

I'll start a new pirate, and check back for your comments and recommendations; because everything shared is appreciated and welcome.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Tylerwildpants on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:

My son wants me to play Pirates 101 again. I'm a level 65 musketeer who hasn't played P101 in a very long time. I'm attempting to play catch up with all the updates that have happened over the last 1-2 years.

And the same question about any new content or storylines to explore or experience.

I'll start a new pirate, and check back for your comments and recommendations; because everything shared is appreciated and welcome.
Ahoy Tylerwildpants!
Yes ,you have quite a lot to catch up on! No new quests, but old quests have been changed or expanded ( Blood Shoals for example ) There is a Nefarious Tower in the Paths of Penance that should be opening soon, a level 65 + dungeon that Ratbeard threatens, uh, sorry promises will be a challenge! Complete details on new Companion Management, and Advanced PETS can be found in past update notes and the June newsletter. Check them out!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Tylerwildpants on Jul 14, 2014 wrote:

Hey Tyler, and welcome BACK to the message boards. ( Never thought I'd say that )

There are tons of stuff they added during the May update, none containing any new storyline content, unfortunately. However, they have added a new pet system, changed the battle system completely, added a new companion system, added new free to play areas and some more new dungeons in Skull Island, and much more. You can check the Update Notes for the May Update and other previous updates here.

Aside from just updates, I would suggest making sure you have all the best No auction musketeer gear that could prove useful for the next update. Then, if you still miss playing on your musket , I would then suggest farming bosses for rare items, some that can consist of being No Trade. I know English Bill in Cool Ranch drops a cool outfit and a rare and unique pair of guns called the Deathdealers.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
The traitor's cave stuff is different, so you hit some of the early battles a bit higher level. You'll have a crack at a new class crew member who is pretty good. Some battles seemed nerfed to me but that might just be that slightly higher level thing.

Beware the roly-polies in Cool Ranch.

Have fun!

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Additionally, there the different pirate classes do play differently, so I think you will enjoy running again with a different class. I divide the classes into two broad groups, melee (swashbucklers and buccaneers) and fire support (musketeers, witchdoctors and privateers). Since you ran a musketeer before, try running one of the melee types.

-Indigo