Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Best Cool Ranch companion?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 15, 2014
I would like to know the best cool ranch companion! Im a level 25 and I currently think the chicken ranger is the best cause he is decent and my highest level companion, also being level twenty five. I am hoping some higher leveled people than me reply. :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Besides El Toro, I think my favorites are Mustang Sally or Froggo Villa.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello Captain Sharp and welcome to the Message Boards and congratulations, for you are now officially a Message Board Marauder. Besides El Toro, and as a Buccaneer, I actually really liked Thunderhoof. He wasn't that spectacular in any given area but for my Buck he came in quite handy with his high health and Relentless. He took a lot of hits just so I could dish out my own damage. But I think you may find that the favorite or best CR companion may be partially influenced by the class of each pirate and which strategies they use in battle.

Again welcome to the boards and best of luck to you!

Petty Officer
Aug 11, 2013
Cool Ranch was my favorite world, believe it or not. It really bolstered my crew with some strong companions. My favorite is...

El Toro: "Ahem! EL TORO, is here!"

Me: *sigh* "What I was going to say is that my favorite is,"

El Toro: *cough* " El Toro." *cough, cough*

Me: "For crying out loud, go make yourself useful. I need some fresh pet snacks."

El Toro: "Right away captain!"

Anyways, besides the amazing El Toro, I really enjoyed Angry Charlie Cobb, my weasel gambler. I love his attack animations and he is fairly useful in battle. He doesn't have any special powers, but I gave him second chance and burst fire which work really well. I don't know if you get him, being a Musketeer and all, but he is definitely second behind El Toro for me.

~Gibbsie

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Playing as a musketeer, duck Holliday would be my favorite. Of you don't have him, then I would say that e chicken ranger. Good luck with questing!

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
ANY of the Magnificent 7. I have all of them. My favorites of the 6 you get are Billy, which I gave Burst Fire 3, and Buffalo Bill, who I gave True Grit 3. They have great epic loadouts, and I enjoy using all of them.

Ensign
Jun 15, 2014
Thanks for all of the replies, but warriorscreed who are the "Magnificent 7"
Bloody Jack Sharp, Lv 25 Musketeer

Lieutenant
Nov 01, 2012
Captain Sharp on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
Thanks for all of the replies, but warriorscreed who are the "Magnificent 7"
Bloody Jack Sharp, Lv 25 Musketeer
Keep playing; you will find out eventually :)

Ensign
Jun 15, 2014
ChrisTheSwashy on Aug 18, 2014 wrote:
Keep playing; you will find out eventually :)
I'm 38 now and holliday is more op than Bonnie Anne whom I hate

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009
No DIP! EL Toro is all the way the best. And by the way Im a lvl 20 and I cant play anymore because I got a story line quest and it never gave me it can someone HELP please?

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
The bison shaman! He helped my swashbuckler in aquila and barely took a dent!

Ensign
Jun 15, 2014
Hey thanks I'm lvl 50 now ;) and I prefer the bison shaman a bit less even after the promotion but el toro made it so far with me!

Ensign
Jun 26, 2012
Wild Bill Peacock and El Toro are the only Cool Ranch companions I still use. I don't actually use Jim Masterson, but he looks pretty dang cool. Rooster Cogburn was pretty helpful throughout the beginning of Mooshu, and Monterrey Jack and Eric Jolly were pretty helpful during Port Regal.

Ensign
Feb 16, 2011
El Toro of course. I love his jokes throughout the rest of the game.

Ensign
Apr 28, 2012
The Gibbs on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
Cool Ranch was my favorite world, believe it or not. It really bolstered my crew with some strong companions. My favorite is...

El Toro: "Ahem! EL TORO, is here!"

Me: *sigh* "What I was going to say is that my favorite is,"

El Toro: *cough* " El Toro." *cough, cough*

Me: "For crying out loud, go make yourself useful. I need some fresh pet snacks."

El Toro: "Right away captain!"

Anyways, besides the amazing El Toro, I really enjoyed Angry Charlie Cobb, my weasel gambler. I love his attack animations and he is fairly useful in battle. He doesn't have any special powers, but I gave him second chance and burst fire which work really well. I don't know if you get him, being a Musketeer and all, but he is definitely second behind El Toro for me.

~Gibbsie
You forgot the music thing they play after his name. Hahahahahahaha.

Ensign
Jul 20, 2014
My favourite Cool Ranch companion is El Toro because he does awesome damage, he has cool criticals, like when he pretends to give the enemy roses, and then smacks them in the face with the roses. LOL. And he looks good too.

- Golden Hunter Xanderman - Level 65 Witchdocter

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
It all really depends on how you use those companions, many say that El Toro is the best companion and Nurse Quinn is the worst, but time and time again I have seen Nurse Quinn become victorious over El Toro(maybe it's just pure luck and Privateer buffs, but still) xd

Ensign
Oct 30, 2012
My personal favorite is Billy the Kidd. I just love the way he talks.

Ensign
Jun 15, 2014
Hey I'm max lvl now, holiday is a hero and I still absolutely despise Bonnie Anne. #RPGFORLIFE!

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
Top 5 Coming Out

1 > El toro! *Play annoying music here*

2 > Doc Holiday

3 > Eric Jolly

4 > Mustang Sally

5 > Any Bison Musketeer ( Besides Buffalo Bill )

Ensign
Feb 27, 2013
I am only level 22 (sadly) but my favorite Cool Ranch companion so far is Froggo Villa, although I have seen El Toro fight (against Santa Rana) so I assume he would be a good companion. Just wondering, in what quest do you get El Toro?
Hopeful Alyssa Abbott- Lvl 22 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Feb 27, 2013
I want El Toro (music) so badly. What level???? Please tell me!!

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Captain Sharp on Nov 8, 2014 wrote:
Hey I'm max lvl now, holiday is a hero and I still absolutely despise Bonnie Anne. #RPGFORLIFE!
how do you despise Bonnie? for my musket, she is one of my best companions available

i run her with: (along with chantal lvingstone minus the double tap)
Double Tap
Overwatch 2
Burst Fire 2

reason i use these is because musket grants O watch and grants BF, so in other words, my Bonnie becomes

Double Tap
Overwatch 3 (if hit, -50% enemy accuracy)
Burst Fire 3 (higher % chance to trigger if their wounded)

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
So far, I have the Chicken Ranger, Nadya, or EL TORO! (El Toro stinger) as my best buds from Cool Ranch. However...I have a list extended beyond what is currently available...

Banditoad Companion: Gracias, Captain Laveer!
Me: I hope you get confirmed someday, little tadpole.

Mark Laveer, Buccaneer

Ensign
Jul 07, 2013
Captain Sharp on Aug 14, 2014 wrote:
I would like to know the best cool ranch companion! Im a level 25 and I currently think the chicken ranger is the best cause he is decent and my highest level companion, also being level twenty five. I am hoping some higher leveled people than me reply. :)
  1. El Toro! *trumpet*
  2. Duck Holliday
  3. You have to love the Black Storm Shaman
Seeing that I have completed Cool Ranch, this gives me some very nice flashbacks about my well-earned victories

Perilous Zoe Nightingale, level 39

Current Goal: Get that wild rice from Tso Warships!