Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Origin Worlds

AuthorMessage
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I really don't understand the argument that because a world was mentioned as an origin world, then it has to be one of the worlds that will be visited in Pirate101.

I mean, just look at the worlds:

Skull Island
Krokotopia
Grizzleheim
Marleybone
Mooshu

What do these worlds have in common?

Except for Skull Island they all appeared in Wizard101. Why is this important? Because you are creating a character. You know something about each of those worlds (except Skull Island, but what's to know about Skull Island except "Pirates!"?) and you can use that information to make your character.

Thats important. So, these worlds appear as origins NOT because they will appear in the game later, but because you should already be familiar with them, and use that knowledge to help you make your pirate.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
I really don't understand the argument that because a world was mentioned as an origin world, then it has to be one of the worlds that will be visited in Pirate101.

I mean, just look at the worlds:

Skull Island
Krokotopia
Grizzleheim
Marleybone
Mooshu

What do these worlds have in common?

Except for Skull Island they all appeared in Wizard101. Why is this important? Because you are creating a character. You know something about each of those worlds (except Skull Island, but what's to know about Skull Island except "Pirates!"?) and you can use that information to make your character.

Thats important. So, these worlds appear as origins NOT because they will appear in the game later, but because you should already be familiar with them, and use that knowledge to help you make your pirate.
And for those pirates who don't play W101? What would you have them do? Why are you so against visiting these worlds?
According to your argument we shouldn't have visited Marleybone or MooShu, but we did.

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
And for those pirates who don't play W101? What would you have them do? Why are you so against visiting these worlds?
According to your argument we shouldn't have visited Marleybone or MooShu, but we did.
Have you forgotten that each has a parathesis indicating what that made them naturally good at?

After all, they only grant you a point bonus in some attribute, yes? As far as I know, they don't even affect the companions you get.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Max DeGroot on Aug 29, 2014 wrote:
Have you forgotten that each has a parathesis indicating what that made them naturally good at?

After all, they only grant you a point bonus in some attribute, yes? As far as I know, they don't even affect the companions you get.
As far as I know, they don't even affect the companion you get.

All in good time, I'm sure we will be recruiting 'home' companions.

Still, I have asked you this many times and have yet to receive an answer - why are you against us visiting Grizzleheim and Krokotopia?

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Max,
We're just making an assumption that seems reasonable, since the KI Art Dept. can save a LOT of effort by recycling music and graphics from those worlds. Only time will tell us for sure whether that assumption is valid. KI is not likely to confirm or deny until each new world is ready for test realm. From what I've read in Blind Mew's Musings, if any of those worlds you mentioned get skipped in this first story arc, the skipped world would be Grizzleheim. And if we go to all of them in the first story arc, we will not go to Rajah until after Kane is history, if ever. And Rajah may have both a broader fan base of appeal and be more inspiring to KI's creative team.