Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which game do you like more?

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013
Hello my fellow pirates! So... which one do you like beter? Wizard101 or Pirate 101?Or both? mine is pirate

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yar, P101! For many reasons; W101 cheating bosses have got out of hand ( have you tried Barkingham Palace? ) It seems dungeons are no longer solo-able in W101, even for a mid-range wizard.
You have a crew of faithful companions in P101.
You get to actually see the Spiral by traveling in ships between the worlds ( how cool is that? ) Poor wizards .
An amazing storyline that has grabbed our imagination, with an awesomely deadly enemy!
Captain Avery, a sly, under-handed old pirate who sends us to do his dirty work, but totally leaves us in the dark or cheats us out of our just reward ( I will get that ship from you, Avery! )

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
I like P101 really for the fact that yes there is a set story but it's loose enough where I can add more to it in my head. Like for my buccaneer I had a fake convestation with my monkey crossbow man asking if he really wanted to raid that fortress cause he would be declared an enemy of the crown. My parents on my privateer were lost in a shipwreck. So I decided that they were in search of gold to pay off a debt so that Kai Sawkins could be raised without needing to worry about warf rats attacking the family.

Although I do have a max balance wizard and I must say balance is a really cool school......

Pirate Forever

Kai Sawkins
Kai Ironside
Tiny Tim

Ensign
Jul 06, 2011
pirate101. i feel like the combat system in this game has much more variety and crazy stuff happens in combat. it was fun to get a new spell in wizard101 and try it out, but it soon became really linear. i like how many companions have up to 7 combat animations and you get different talents that seriously affect the way combat is played. also marleybone in pirate101 is breathtaking and easily my favorite world in either games

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
Between the two 101 games, I would say pirates.

Here is a reason,it's alot more fun and at one time alot more challenging in the olden days. I miss those days, but there is a reason to tone down some dungeons and quests in certain zones it should be kid friendly and belive it or not there was a lot of complain how tedious cool ranch was. I don't mind the Nerfed level, it's still challenging and enjoyable. That was one fun and big world was and still is,but enough of cool ranch.What makes it great is you will never know what challenges and discoveries our pirate characters will find. Also the scrip hunting and pet sparing are also great.I hoping for a new adventure to continue the main storyline and meet that Erica( not sure the exact spelling ) the Red, Catbeard mentioned. A potential new storyline companion,since Hawkules.

For wizards, it's not as fun as it use to. Like what the what,now my death wizard spells fizzles more often( 5 in a row ) and cause me to lose in a boss battle. Sorry for the rant,but in my opinon as a wizard101 player I find zones beyond Moo Shu very difficult to work with. At least I enjoyed fishing and the new mount I got the Ice Skate. Sadly it's a one day mount and used it on New Year's eve.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Probably one of the most frequently asked question on these boards. I suspect any of us that hang around the Pirate101 boards are going to respond "Pirate101 is better". That is certainly my answer, although I was (and to an extent, am) a fan of Wizard101.

I will give two main reasons why I much prefer Pirate101:

First, I completely agree with anecorbie's observation that Wizard101 is not developing well, with more and more emphasis on bosses with massive cheats and fights you cannot win solo (unless you spend a fortune in crowns on henchmen). Wizard, at higher levels, has simply become very unfriendly to solo players (and truly annoying even to teams). I hope hope HOPE Pirate does not follow this same pattern.

Second, as I have observed before, WIzard's combat mechanic is basically that of a collectible card game, while Pirate's combat system is essentially a miniature-based skirmish game. While I have played some CCGs, and enjoyed them reasonably well, I am a huge fan of miniature skirmish and battle games*. Consequently, even without the problems that have been developing in Wizard, I think I would be predisposed to prefer Pirate. Also, I think the Pirate combat mechanism allows for more diversity in tactical challenges (see the scenario with General Tso's chicken for an example).

-Indigo

*Last night Fiorenza and I and four friends spent about four hours in a fierce game of Mordheim, our brave warband fighting off ravening packs of undead while searching for loot in the ruins of a once great city! (R.I.P. Robin and Sister Sokanan).

Petty Officer
Dec 26, 2012
Pirate101 for the win! Before I started playing pirate101, I was playing Wizard101, and I got to lvl 37 as a life student. In Marleybone quests started to get crazy, and I couldn't solo any of the dungeons on my own, especially as a life student, where all my attacks were weak, and i would take tons of turns trying to put buffs on one card.

Also as a life student, all I was used for in groups fights was the healer, and that's all I ever did. I'm not against defense, but shouldn't I be able to try and take out an enemy too?

I don't know if anyone else notices it, but there is a "main plot" for each world, and I don't know what world to do. I've gotten to the point where rewards aren't really worth it in Grizzleheim.

I also think that Pirate101 is better than wizard101 cuz there is an actual board where you can move and strategerize. Its less of hoping the enemy fizzles to strategerizing what powers to use and when. Just saying.