Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why we went to Aquila instead of back to Valencia

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 02, 2012
See, there is a great chance we will be going back to Valencia next,but have you been wondering why we went
to Aquila? I mean after destroying Beachhead you'd think it be time for us to go and face Kane, and then
go to El Dorado. Aquila was a pretty fun world (although it was kinda hard),though the only ways we went
there is through via Monquista yet, and there is a stormgate labeled Stormgate to Aquila and that means
one of those unknown stormgates are to Valencia. And since the only way to Valencia was through Monquista,
Dragonspyre. Which confuses me because we could have gone to Aquila first because we would have been
a step ahead in the storyline, and we would have a piece that Kane didn't even think of collecting.
So we went to Aquila to get away from the armada and get a step ahead from them because we got another
piece. What are your thoughts on this, could there be another way into Valencia via Monquista, perhaps
Dragonspyre, or even Marleybone, and of course Mooshu?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Stormy Seth on Apr 4, 2015 wrote:
See, there is a great chance we will be going back to Valencia next,but have you been wondering why we went
to Aquila? I mean after destroying Beachhead you'd think it be time for us to go and face Kane, and then
go to El Dorado. Aquila was a pretty fun world (although it was kinda hard),though the only ways we went
there is through via Monquista yet, and there is a stormgate labeled Stormgate to Aquila and that means
one of those unknown stormgates are to Valencia. And since the only way to Valencia was through Monquista,
Dragonspyre. Which confuses me because we could have gone to Aquila first because we would have been
a step ahead in the storyline, and we would have a piece that Kane didn't even think of collecting.
So we went to Aquila to get away from the armada and get a step ahead from them because we got another
piece. What are your thoughts on this, could there be another way into Valencia via Monquista, perhaps
Warning, Spoilers!!!
We had to go to Aquila to gain the third piece of the map, facing Kane after defeating Rooke would be too early. Have you forgotten that there is still Bishop, Phule and the Lady Elite to face? Besides, we found the Rosetta Stone which enabled us to gain an important clue to end Kane! The trip to Aquila wasn't a waste.

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
so, if we killed Kane how would we get the map? Plus I'm thinking we would kill Kane IN El Dorado.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 05, 2015
If you look at the story line it makes a lot of sense. Our pirates are not worthy against Kane even if they did destroy beachhead. We had no specifically good reason to go to Valencia at the end of marleybone other then get Kane's to map pieces but our pirate must of figured we get those last. Cat beard said Argos had a piece in aquila so we went there. Once we found out about a possible weakness of Kane that's when we strike!

Petty Officer
Mar 09, 2013
I'm sure others will point this out, but here goes anyway. We went to Aquila to get the next piece of Marco Pollos Map, which shows how to get to El Dorado. We need the full Map to get there, and we wanted to beat the Armada, which we did. Thats why we haven't gone to El Dorado. As for Kane, he is far too powerful for us to fight so far! In case you need it heres what we have with the Map so far:

WARNING: SPOILERS!!

Marco Pollo's Piece: The Armada stole this from his tomb.
Christopher Clark's Piece: We stole it from Captain Blood, and defeated Deacon.
Egg Foo Yung's Piece: The Armada got it from General Tso.
Catbeards Piece: We always had it, it was the piece we got from Captain Gunn.
Argos Piece: We got it from Aquila.
Erika The Red's Piece: Unknown
Our Mother's Piece: Unknown

Hope this helps!

Clever Sam Jones

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Greetings, Monsieur Seth,

Oh, yes, there are a lot of ways to get into Valencia! As a powerful, strongly mercantile world in the Spiral, Valencia is a hub, with many ready paths to other worlds, particularly trading partners (or rivals). You see a stormgate to Valencia in Port Regal, in Mooshu, Marleybone, Monquista -- and there are doubtless others.

The trick is getting to Valencia without getting captured or killed in the process -- which is exactly what would happen right now if we took any of those obvious stormgates. That was why we took the Avernus stormgate in the first place; since Dragonspyre was destroyed, then the stormgate was for all intents and purposes 'dead'. The Armada had not put a guard on it since who would be crazy enough to try to get through this now incredibly dangerous stormgate in a deadly firestorm of a lost world!

Unfortunately, though we were clever and sneaky, we were found out... in particular, by Phule. Now Phule might not have really cared about us escaping his trap, and Kane might not have been annoyed enough to bother about doing something about our intrusion then, but, well, things are different now. I would not recommend going back through the Avernus stormgate, since I am sure Kane has figured out the mousehole in which the pesky pirate mice have entered his Valencian pantry.

As for Aquila before Valencia? Though we know we must get Kane's pieces (that's going to be interesting), we had a lead on a map piece right there. Best to follow up what leads you are given, and besides, we knew we didn't have a reasonable way into Valencia then. We still don't, but we have even more incentive to go there now...

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
Ok, so first of all, why must you type like that! it is driving me insane. Anyway, are you asking this question from a storyline perspective or a game creation perspective?

Storyline wise, The reason we did not go to Aquila is because A. We had no reason to. B. We couldn't, We did not have a windstone. This whole time we have been trying to get the map that leads to el dorado, and we need ALL of it to get there. C. We have no reason to go and fight Kane, I know that may come as a surprise to you, but our goal mainly has been to get to el dorado, and by doing so, stop Kane from doing that. We don't actively seek out to attack the armada, that would be dumb, as they (at the moment) are a much stronger enemy then us, by a long shot, and it would make no sense to randomly attack their main center of commands without backup. We would end up facing between 3 and 5 unique elites, plus Kane himself.

Game Design Wise: A. It makes sense storyline-wise. B. The game would be to short and they would have to come up with a whole new storyline to continue making worlds.

Note: This andswers what I Believe you were asking, I had trouble understanding what you meant.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I don't know about any theories at the moment but I found the sunniness and beauty of Aquila refreshing after the darkness and sadness of the warzone.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Lieutenant
May 06, 2011
We went to Aquila for the map piece for El Dorado, and besides, the Rosetta Stone in Ulysses' Palace could be very useful later on. Also, I think that there would be another way into Valencia from Dragonspyre, since Avernus looks like it is in Dragonspyre. There could be another stormgate in Dragonspyre that leads to another skyway in Valencia.