Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Too many begging to be gifted!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 05, 2013
I feel that too many kids are begging to be gifted even after people tell them over and over again that they aren't able to or are not able to afford it! I think this gifting option should stop, however not completely stop! I feel this game could have a code option to send gifts to the person you are trying to gift. The one who wants to gift someone would pay for the gift through the pirate101.com site then you give the person you want to send the gift to the code, then that person would type in the code while playing the game. This would be just like the friend finder code option except this would be related to gifts.

If the option to gift someone wasn't within the actual game itself only within the pirate101 website the begging will become less and less since many players will forget that they can get gifted on the website or won't even know about it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
NaomiButterfly on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:
I feel that too many kids are begging to be gifted even after people tell them over and over again that they aren't able to or are not able to afford it! I think this gifting option should stop, however not completely stop! I feel this game could have a code option to send gifts to the person you are trying to gift. The one who wants to gift someone would pay for the gift through the pirate101.com site then you give the person you want to send the gift to the code, then that person would type in the code while playing the game. This would be just like the friend finder code option except this would be related to gifts.

If the option to gift someone wasn't within the actual game itself only within the pirate101 website the begging will become less and less since many players will forget that they can get gifted on the website or won't even know about it.
I like being able to freely gift my friends; if constant begging is bothering you, click 'ignore' on the person doing it, or if they're a friend, just delete them.

Lieutenant
Feb 14, 2014
I don't know what server you hang out on, but I have NEVER, and I mean I have NEVER seen a beggar anywhere, any world, anytime, what so ever. And really it wouldn't be such a problem to you and maybe others, if you just ignored the person. Don't let the small stuff get to you, maybe someone nice will gift them. Just move on and don't ponder on such minute occurrences.

Catherine Reade- Lvl 65
Erica Reade- Lvl 27

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
There was a point and time in my Spiraling adventures where begging was indeed a commonplace theme among some pirates out there-- but for the most part, the begging has taken a nap. And SwashBucklingInari (Catherine/Erica), you are quite fortunate to have never witnessed such piratical, scurvylicious and nefarious behavior, that being of the begging variety.

I have played on various servers and in various realms and in just about all of them have, at some point in time, come across a "dog trying to be tossed a free bone"-- and quite often too. From being heckled and followed around Bestia to the casual slow building up of begging momentum, to all out begging warfare...I have experienced it all. I actually kind of get a kick out of it at times because it can produce some hilarious moments. Chatted lines such as "by the look of your gear you seem rich, so why not?", "it's not going to hurt you to gift me" and the ever profound "COME ON BRO!" or equally thought provoking "Just do it dude"...yes, unfortunately there are some scurvy sorts out there that have no shame when it comes to begging for a morsel.

But as you noted Catherine, it is not worth getting upset or bothered over. Sure it can be a tad annoying at times but they are just words on a screen and as others have stated, you can simply ignore them, delete them if on friend list or just leave the area and/or change realms if need be. So, as you wisely suggested-- just move on and continue to have some fun.

Believe me I absolutely love to gift (and have done so a lot) to my close in-game friends and to fellow pirate friends that may not have the means to acquire crowns and crown purchased items as easily as others. I don't believe that I have ever gifted to someone that actually flat out asked...but then again my friends list is populated by goodhearted, respectful and courteous pirates-- imagine that! How dare any pirate be of the decent sort!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
When you click on a Pirate and bring up the Friend List, one of the options is Ignore and this is the 'ignore' that is being referred to in the other posts. What this does is make it so you can no longer see his text messages.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
I don't recall it ever happening to me, either - at least, not in Pirate. I generally am hanging out on some of the servers in the back row, though.

-Indigo

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Ensign
Jun 13, 2014
My ignore list is longer than my friends list for this reason.

Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
If you are riding a mount or have a pet or gear from the crown shop, it seems you are most likely to get flagged for beggars. They figure you have money so why not waste some on them too.

This is one of the things I always disliked about Wizard101 and cringed when I heard gifting was coming here. I just tell them I don't gift and if they aren't ok with it, too bad. I'm not here to make anyone's day but my own.

Petty Officer
Oct 13, 2012
People shouldn't take gifting away. Today a really nice person gifted me a mount! I didn't even ask for any gifts!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I'm always delighted and surprised by a gift; also a bit humble, too ( the thought that someone would spend real money on me ).
I also find joy in gifting friends, it is a rare occasion when I have crowns to spare, and when I hear their thanks, it makes me feel happy.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
on wiz I have full crown gear, a storm master amulet and a phoenix mount. as you can guess I do seem to be asked to gift allot, although I don't like to have people on my ignore list so I just tell them I spent all my crowns (I really did) although time to time I add a random person and gift them but just the ones who seem like they need it the most.

- jack nightingale lvl 65 buccaneer

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
One of my friends gifted me the donkey you carry around because he thought it would be funny. I don't know if it's a glitch but it makes my cape go to the front of my body and it does look really funny. So I ran around town yelling donkey for sale! Plus, another sort of pun that may be a little off color. But forgive me for trying anyways, I said I was carrying my donkey but I fell on my (insert what your thinking here) LOL There is some fun that comes out of gifting and its nice to return the favor. So I hope they don't get rid of it.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
May 30, 2010
"I'm sorry; I can't gift on this account."

I'd use the "my mom won't let me" excuse, but well, my mother's not been able to control my spending for many, many years.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
That happened to me also,but in a rear occasion. This happened when you got rear gears or retired items from the crown shop or items from retired bundles.I know how this feel back in my wizard 101 days, just came back last week first time in two years. It's a bit annoying based on my experience. This is why i took a 2 year break.

Just politely decline it works most of the time, or what someone said earlier in this post use the ignore button or ignore that player.( Just hope they don't push that report button for declining politely, it happened to me sometimes. )

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
its really annoying when people offer packs for help or for a morph, like really just ask don't try to bribe

Ensign
Jul 21, 2010
Count yourself lucky! It's not nearly as bad here as it is in Wiz. Every time I walked through the commons... Here I find there just aren't as many people gathered on Skull Island.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Monkrinx2024 on Apr 22, 2015 wrote:
That happened to me also,but in a rear occasion. This happened when you got rear gears or retired items from the crown shop or items from retired bundles.I know how this feel back in my wizard 101 days, just came back last week first time in two years. It's a bit annoying based on my experience. This is why i took a 2 year break.

Just politely decline it works most of the time, or what someone said earlier in this post use the ignore button or ignore that player.( Just hope they don't push that report button for declining politely, it happened to me sometimes. )
Even if they do try to report you for declining politely, KI will check the text records and mark them as a false reporter. If a person makes too many false reports, they get into trouble with KI and not you.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
NaomiButterfly on Apr 14, 2015 wrote:

Well yeah, all the people asking to be gifted are a bit annoying, but i still like the gift option, i don't think that is a good idea. Bobson, level 65 swishswash