Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Promoting Positive Ranked PvP

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
I'm just as concerned as every other PvE player out there (especially if you've played Wizard101) about the potential disasters Ranked PvP can bring to the game. Which is why I've been thinking up ways to make Ranked PvP fun, fair, enjoyable and rewarding all at once. Here are some of my opinions on what I think should be done to promote a positive Ranked PvP system:

No Ranking System
This by far has to be the biggest issue in Ranked PvP (again, using Wiz101 as a prime example). The ranks get to people's heads and bullying ensues, yes you have a block/report button but who goes to PvP to block people? PvP is Player vs. Player, not Player vs. Player (emphasizing that we're here for friendly competition, not a drama fest). Personally, I see titles and ranks as nothing more than ego boosters, and they do nothing to promote gameplay or character growth. If everyone insists on titles, then I can back it up as long as ranks are not present. I'd rather face a Private than some Commander with a huge ranking score. It does get intimidating to some, which again defeats the purpose of PvP: friendly competition.

Auto-Health Regeneration
This doesn't really extend to just Ranked, it extends to both. My friend and I find it annoying how we have to constantly port to the Life Fountain and back to heal when it's just PvP, sparring (hence Sparring Chamber) not actual combat. Why we lose our health, I don't know. I can't remember for sure, but I believe my Companion had to recover as well after combat, though that could've been a long time ago when the game first came out. If so, disregard that last sentence.

In hindsight, the Ranking is probably what ruins Ranked PvP. Yes, I get it: it's called Ranked PvP for a reason. In that case, why not call it just flat out PvP? Designate non-competitive PvP as Practice PvP. Winner gets tickets, loser loses nothing. Both feel like winners and can go back to trying again with a smile in the end. If you want to progress, win. As for titles, we have badges that require us to defeat a certain number of foes, why not the same for PvP? After all, a title is just a title; it's not super significant. It just shows your accomplishments.

What are your thoughts?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Yes, I agree that the badges from ranked PVP is what's ruining the PVP experience in W101. "Everyone" knows that PVP Warlords are the worse in this respect. I've even met a few under-leveled players in the Loremasters dungeon desperate to get those extra spells so they can "rule" in ranked PVP.
If there are any PVP clan leaders reading this, I would ask you to encourage courtesy and good sportsmanship among your members. Many players encountering rude and nasty attitudes in PVP are put off by the experience.
Don't you want more players to feel about PVP as you do? What a great opportunity to create a good experience in competition.
When I was competing in fencing in a historical recreation society I used to belong to, one of our instructors said this," No one will remember who won the last tournament, but they will remember what you said and how you acted."

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
And welcome to the message boards, Nightblood 1995!

Bosun
Feb 25, 2012
I see what you mean: part of what makes W101's community so... abrasive... is the ranking system. however, many players (myself included, so perhaps i'm biased) like the idea of ranking. I like the competition. in fact, i even like some of the friendly trash talk, as long as it stays civil.

ranking CAN, and most likely WILL create bad blood, but it also gives a stalwart pirate an incentive, a goal. whats the point in even having the gear we farm for if none of the pvp matches count towards anything?

Additionally, i believe that KI is going to maintain the brawl hall in its current form, as well as create an unranked (but still organized) pvp system. if the ranked community turns toxic, then players could always go to the unranked side for some good old fun.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
i'm gonna be completely honest with you here, auto regen, sounds perfect it really needs to be here, no ranking for ranked pvp? yea no sorry I would quit and so would 3/4 of my friends list, the only reason we still play is to be in top condition for ranked

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If its RANKED PVP why should the players have auto health restore for themselves and companions? Shouldn't ranked ( which comes with rewards ) make a real penalty for playing just as if you've run the Smuggler's Arena?
In the arena the prize is scrip ( for a challenge match ) and wounding of companions with players losing health is real.
Why should ranked PVP be different?

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
anecorbie on May 22, 2015 wrote:
If its RANKED PVP why should the players have auto health restore for themselves and companions? Shouldn't ranked ( which comes with rewards ) make a real penalty for playing just as if you've run the Smuggler's Arena?
In the arena the prize is scrip ( for a challenge match ) and wounding of companions with players losing health is real.
because a ranked match doesnt take 4 hours to do, it takes usually half an hour to do a match, the rewards are very different from smugglers, from smugglers your fighting for 400-600 scrip, a ranked match would be some points and a few whatever the pvp currency is, there are rewards but the magnitude of the rewards are very different

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Thank you for the warm welcome XD

I should've worded that a lot better (that's my fault for posting late at night). I meant something along the lines of this:

Ranking titles are perfectly fine, what bugs me is the scoring system. In Wizard101, you can have your score in the negative (unless they've changed it, haven't been keeping up with them since I switched games) and everyone around you can just pull up your character page to see it. Really embarrassing. That's why I (think) I stated that Ranking should be like the Badges system: Defeat 100 Players for the next Badge, 500 after that, and so on instead of the "Winner: Score +100, Loser: Score -50" system. I mean, the loser (me most likely) already knows we lost, why throw salt on the wound?

I can honestly compromise with Ranked PvP Companions carrying the normal "No Health-Regen" rule, because I agree with your point. A good, but not too steep, penalty for whoever loses.

I think the #1 thing I want to see in Ranked PvP is: no one loses anything (Companions aside) except time. You learn from your loss and move on eager for the next challenge, instead of dreadfully watching your 'Score' plummet after each loss.

Also, having the Badge system work alongside the Ranking system deters the Warlord bantering; it'll still be a title to wear with pride but at the same time it won't be inaccessible to most if they just keep at it. I think what fuels the Warlords on Wizards is they know you can lose your Rank, so they think by holding it forever their 'fame' continues on as well. If the Warlord Badge were more permanent, it won't be seen with an "I'M IMMORTAL!" mindset. KI can even reset the PvP Badges once a month or once every 6 months if they want to keep the competition factor in play.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
zuto4011a on May 22, 2015 wrote:
i'm gonna be completely honest with you here, auto regen, sounds perfect it really needs to be here, no ranking for ranked pvp? yea no sorry I would quit and so would 3/4 of my friends list, the only reason we still play is to be in top condition for ranked
Hey, sorry for the bad wording. I tried my best to correct the confusion in my reply to (oh man I already forgot his name X.X SORRY!) [probably] the guy above. My bad, I know Ranked PvP is called Ranked PvP for a reason, I didn't mean for it to sound like I want the Rank system removed. Terrible wording on my part, my apologies my friend.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Blixet on May 22, 2015 wrote:
I see what you mean: part of what makes W101's community so... abrasive... is the ranking system. however, many players (myself included, so perhaps i'm biased) like the idea of ranking. I like the competition. in fact, i even like some of the friendly trash talk, as long as it stays civil.

ranking CAN, and most likely WILL create bad blood, but it also gives a stalwart pirate an incentive, a goal. whats the point in even having the gear we farm for if none of the pvp matches count towards anything?

Additionally, i believe that KI is going to maintain the brawl hall in its current form, as well as create an unranked (but still organized) pvp system. if the ranked community turns toxic, then players could always go to the unranked side for some good old fun.
I agree, you've got some excellent points! I corrected my bad wording above, hopefully that clears up some confusion. I hope they keep the Brawl Hall the way it is, I prefer to know who I'm fighting so I know if I'll have a fair chance at beating them or if I'll be needing a mountain of luck. I never liked the 'random' system in Wizard101; it hindered new PvPers more than helped them (since you'll most likely end up with other players already Ranked (for a good reason too)).

Ensign
Sep 02, 2014
zuto4011a on May 22, 2015 wrote:
I couldn't have agreed with you anymore. Tons of my friends ONLY play because the hope of rank. For all the PvE players, rank is a option. A simple option. There is other options for people who don't like pvp. Pets, being a morphing master. Farming script and getting everything in the black market. Completing all side quests, making every class. The thing is, rank will make a lot of people happy. For the PvE players, you got your stuff to keep you busy. Pets, script. I'd assume since KI has been keeping us waiting for 2 years now, or a few months if you're including script and pets, that there's gonna be something big. Rank is big. For example wiz, rank is huge. As for the PvE players in wiz, they have gardening, fishing, crafting etc. On these message boards I've seen a lot of people saying no to rank, and guess what, they're PvE players. The PvP players are bored, and want rank. We've already got the perfect pets. We've already got our perfect gear. We're just simply wanting ranked. As for the losers and winners, for the losers it shows something in my opinion. You simply made a wrong decision in the match, and you've learned from it and you try again. Being good at PvP isn't just a snap of a finger, you need to learn. In my opinion, it would have the "loser" learn from their mistake. As for the winners, you did right, and you're getting rewarded for it. Without rank, a lot of players will quit. Then if there's no players, there's no money, there's no pay, there's no jobs. Pirate would be gone. A lot of this is a opinion, but it's what a lot of others think too. As for the clan I am in, the only reason why clans are here is because there is no ranked. But, guys, you gotta keep in mind this is just a game. We're only here for the fun. We're just teenagers. Along for the "bad blood" part I read in this post there are people out there that get mad if they lose. Yes, I've met a lot in wiz. But, you're most likely not gonna see them every day and you just move on.

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010
Yes, I agree that the badges from ranked PVP is what's ruining the PVP experience in W101. "Everyone" knows that PVP Warlords are the worse in this respect. I've even met a few under-leveled players in the Loremasters dungeon desperate to get those extra spells so they can "rule" in ranked PVP.
If there are any PVP clan leaders reading this, I would ask you to encourage courtesy and good sportsmanship among your members. Many players encountering rude and nasty attitudes in PVP are put off by the experience.
Don't you want more players to feel about PVP as you do? What a great opportunity to create a good experience in competition.
When I was competing in fencing in a historical recreation society I used to belong to, one of our instructors said this," No one will remember who won the last tournament, but they will remember what you said and how you acted."
In reponse to your comments on wizard101 ranked pvp, I disagree with a lot of points, or rather I am looking at it from a different angle. I will address that in a single write up of my own.

First off, no matter what, PvP is COMPETITION and as humans behind the computer screen, you HAVE TO expect the slightest of tension if any on winning and losing. That said, I don't think it can be overlooked that people who are higher ranks tend to be MORE PREPARED for pvp and it's scenarios and thus are able to win matches and attain these exclusive badges.

As for "attitudes", I can not for a second say rudeness and offensive comments aren't tossed around, but I can in a split second tell you that there are people who pvp (at high ranks aswell) who are respectful and do not disrespect other players for anything. I personally consider myself rather decent at pvp on wiz and here on pirate101, and I wouldn't for a second count good sportsmanship as a secondary thing. I feel good sportsmanship and respect is a necessity for EVERYTHING to work ideally as many players, pvp background or not, and that unfortunately there are still those people who can make it unpleasant. To me though, that is life, and there will always be people who aren't the most friendly, and there is so much more to PvP than the opinions of an individual deliberately trying to put a fellow player down.

I agree that PvP is controversial to begin with and that not all people are the most friendly, but I think it is a tad far to almost completely oppose even the idea of Ranked PvP in pirate101 when we can know what to expect and ideas can be put out to help remedy the "unpleasant" experiences one might encounter BEFORE it is even released (if it will be at least).

Also, the term "Player vs Player" in itself can hint at 2 players BEING PREPARED and TRYING THEIR BEST to begin with, so I think there are things that can be put in place to balance things out and not make PvP as controversial as it has become in wiz.

Lieutenant
Nov 26, 2010
Sorry, I have to disagree. Completely, the idea of badges to reward players who actually learned to create strategy inside the game and not just play it casually. Ranked pvp in the higher ratings are for the players that play it competitively, us PvPer's don't bother your casual players so don't say we have to also take your eye to eye seeing on things because we do, PvP is an extension we focus on but we also do PvE we don't want some impossible dungeon/boss to fight but if you don't like the fact that you can't beat someone whose earned there skill lvl then don't pvp, you have the choice. If you want to go up there and earn the badge, EARN IT. Care bears are for PvE and PvP is something you gotta learn, earn, its the place for people who enjoy the game and competitive competition. A challenge, Ego booster? Pft ya it is, it's a bragging right that you can actually use skill and create strategies/carry them out to achieve multiple wins vs people both experienced and not, that you can adapt to change in the game as you progress to fight new various styles, etc.

Practice will also be a thing, PVP and PVE are 2 entirely different styles. Don't try to make them the same, that's no fun. PvP is where people like me and Zuto go to actually have a challenge, Moo Manchu is a joke and so is anything after the first time you fight it and learn the cheats and other things. PvP is challenges back to back even against the same people, and being able to get back up after a lost and move on to well, RANK UP is something you need, the rank isn't just there to have an ego booster but to drive players who WANT to win and who WANT to be good towards that goal. It seperates the men from the boys you could say, that's what it always has been and always will be. If you don't like it, stick to casual practice matches.

Ensign
Mar 17, 2011
First off this is not wizard101 this is pirate101 and your basically stereotyping all pvp players who play pirate101 and want a rank system Second the point of having a ranking System is to rise up in ranks and to earn cool things such as badges that show your hard work. from what I can see you are not a fan of pvp that's cool I get that but if you don't like pvp players of all kinds there is an ignore option for a reason

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
hunter spell caste... on May 24, 2015 wrote:
First off this is not wizard101 this is pirate101 and your basically stereotyping all pvp players who play pirate101 and want a rank system Second the point of having a ranking System is to rise up in ranks and to earn cool things such as badges that show your hard work. from what I can see you are not a fan of pvp that's cool I get that but if you don't like pvp players of all kinds there is an ignore option for a reason
This may be pirate101, but many people who play wizard101 also play pirate101 and both games have very similar demographics. Also he is not necessarily stereotyping all pvp players who want ranked, he is saying that there will be people who are attracted to this type of pvp system that will focus on said rankings and may not act appropriately in the arena.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I know players on both sides of this debate. I have played with most of you in both pvp and pve and there are strong feelings on both sides. The reason this rift exists between the two groups is because of arrogance on both sides. I don't have a problem with PvP in itself but I don't like the people who come on the boards and whine that's its unfair if they lose. The ugly power debates and the best class debates.

As for the PVE people we do need stronger enemies in the dungeons to make going into the field more satisfying AI's that can match us in every way to challenge us. Let's be honest with ourselves it is too easy. If you are worried about the younger players how about not just writing lovely words on here but actually offering the player support on the field you promise.

In that respect we must also see to the satisfaction of the pvp players. As long as you both promise good sportsmanship and not to create animosity between each other it is time for the ranked pvp system with badges and rewards.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If I'm stereotyping PVP players it is because of the fact that number of matches I've competed in both W101 & P101; the egotistical, arrogant, smack talkers out numbered the courteous players.
Although recently I've had a very good experience recently. But my point was that if you want MORE PVE players to join in PVP ( and I hope ranked does come soon ) then some attitudes need adjusting. The more players taking part in a certain activity, the more likely KI will cater to that activity ( badges, prizes, etc. ) If there is only a small group taking part why should KI bother with the time and development of that activity?

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
The White Rose on May 23, 2015 wrote:
I couldn't have agreed with you anymore. Tons of my friends ONLY play because the hope of rank. For all the PvE players, rank is a option. A simple option. There is other options for people who don't like pvp. Pets, being a morphing master. Farming script and getting everything in the black market. Completing all side quests, making every class. The thing is, rank will make a lot of people happy. For the PvE players, you got your stuff to keep you busy. Pets, script. I'd assume since KI has been keeping us waiting for 2 years now, or a few months if you're including script and pets, that there's gonna be something big. Rank is big. For example wiz, rank is huge. As for the PvE players in wiz, they have gardening, fishing, crafting etc. On these message boards I've seen a lot of people saying no to rank, and guess what, they're PvE players. The PvP players are bored, and want rank. We've already got the perfect pets. We've already got our perfect gear. We're just simply wanting ranked. As for the losers and winners, for the losers it shows something in my opinion. You simply made a wrong decision in the match, and you've learned from it and you try again. Being good at PvP isn't just a snap of a finger, you need to learn. In my opinion, it would have the "loser" learn from their mistake. As for the winners, you did right, and you're getting rewarded for it. Without rank, a lot of players will quit. Then if there's no players, there's no money, there's no pay, there's no jobs. Pirate would be gone. A lot of this is a opinion, but it's what a lot of others think too. As for the clan I am in, the only reason why clans are here is because there is no ranked. But, guys, you gotta keep in mind this is just a game. We're only here for the fun. We're just teenagers. Along for the "bad blood" part I read in this post there are people out there that get mad if they lose. Yes, I've met a lot in wiz. But, you're most likely not gonna see them every day and you just move on.
I'm very confused with your response. You're stating I don't want Ranks implemented, which is entirely false. I clearly stated a great way to implement Ranks, and I clearly stated it was the scoring system that could be fixed so that it's like the Badge system. So, I don't know where you got the "I want nothing but Practice PvP" vibe from. Unless you responded before my response above (that was meant to clarify things) was posted.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Wolf SkullRider on May 23, 2015 wrote:
In reponse to your comments on wizard101 ranked pvp, I disagree with a lot of points, or rather I am looking at it from a different angle. I will address that in a single write up of my own.

First off, no matter what, PvP is COMPETITION and as humans behind the computer screen, you HAVE TO expect the slightest of tension if any on winning and losing. That said, I don't think it can be overlooked that people who are higher ranks tend to be MORE PREPARED for pvp and it's scenarios and thus are able to win matches and attain these exclusive badges.

As for "attitudes", I can not for a second say rudeness and offensive comments aren't tossed around, but I can in a split second tell you that there are people who pvp (at high ranks aswell) who are respectful and do not disrespect other players for anything. I personally consider myself rather decent at pvp on wiz and here on pirate101, and I wouldn't for a second count good sportsmanship as a secondary thing. I feel good sportsmanship and respect is a necessity for EVERYTHING to work ideally as many players, pvp background or not, and that unfortunately there are still those people who can make it unpleasant. To me though, that is life, and there will always be people who aren't the most friendly, and there is so much more to PvP than the opinions of an individual deliberately trying to put a fellow player down.

I agree that PvP is controversial to begin with and that not all people are the most friendly, but I think it is a tad far to almost completely oppose even the idea of Ranked PvP in pirate101 when we can know what to expect and ideas can be put out to help remedy the "unpleasant" experiences one might encounter BEFORE it is even released (if it will be at least).

Also, the term "Player vs Player" in itself can hint at 2 players BEING PREPARED and TRYING THEIR BEST to begin with, so I think there are things that can be put in place to balance things out and not make PvP as controversial as it has become in wiz.
Yes, I corrected my original post in a (rather long) reply above. It seems those that have replied to me recently must have commented before I made that correction. I had bad wording in the original post, I never intended to come off as "NO RANKED PVP EVER" I meant to come off as "NO NEGATIVE RANKED PVP EVER". My apologies. As I stated in my corrective post, it isn't the Ranked system itself that's flawed: it's the scoring system. Which is why I proposed a system similar to the Badge one, instead of points.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
TechnomagePvP on May 24, 2015 wrote:
Sorry, I have to disagree. Completely, the idea of badges to reward players who actually learned to create strategy inside the game and not just play it casually. Ranked pvp in the higher ratings are for the players that play it competitively, us PvPer's don't bother your casual players so don't say we have to also take your eye to eye seeing on things because we do, PvP is an extension we focus on but we also do PvE we don't want some impossible dungeon/boss to fight but if you don't like the fact that you can't beat someone whose earned there skill lvl then don't pvp, you have the choice. If you want to go up there and earn the badge, EARN IT. Care bears are for PvE and PvP is something you gotta learn, earn, its the place for people who enjoy the game and competitive competition. A challenge, Ego booster? Pft ya it is, it's a bragging right that you can actually use skill and create strategies/carry them out to achieve multiple wins vs people both experienced and not, that you can adapt to change in the game as you progress to fight new various styles, etc.

Practice will also be a thing, PVP and PVE are 2 entirely different styles. Don't try to make them the same, that's no fun. PvP is where people like me and Zuto go to actually have a challenge, Moo Manchu is a joke and so is anything after the first time you fight it and learn the cheats and other things. PvP is challenges back to back even against the same people, and being able to get back up after a lost and move on to well, RANK UP is something you need, the rank isn't just there to have an ego booster but to drive players who WANT to win and who WANT to be good towards that goal. It seperates the men from the boys you could say, that's what it always has been and always will be. If you don't like it, stick to casual practice matches.
I've heard your point numerous times from other players when I used to attempt to get into PvPing. Practice PvP won't teach you much when it comes to Ranked, which is the primary issue. You veteran PvPers out there know what to do and can run with it, those that are new to the whole system end up as punching bags for the pros when they're simply trying to learn how to get the hang of things. This thread is not about eliminating PvP nor the Ranked system, it's about promoting a positive system that works well for beginners and pros alike.

And I'd have to disagree with the "Losers just take it with a grain of salt and move on to the next match" mindset, because everyone learns differently. If someone wants to learn to PvP, but is having a hard time learning, who are we to tell them they should give up cuz they're not 'gifted' or 'lucky' or 'smart'? I find the scoring system to be the biggest issue, those new PvPers that try to get in (and turn into fresh meat for the pros) have to watch their 'score' plummet; when you add in the fact that anyone around you can pull up your character stats and see you score, it can get to be seriously embarrassing fast.

Technically, the Badge system is already in place in Wizard101; you have to defeat a certain number of players for specific badges (may not be Rank titles, but it's very similar).

How does changing the system to where it's Badge-style without the scoring system lessening the challenge factor in any way? You're still going to go up against pros and rookies alike, you're still going to have to strategize and plan wisely, so how is removing the scoring system suddenly making the Ranked arena a playground?

Thanks for your feedback too, by the way! You have some very good points!

Gunner's Mate
Jan 27, 2011
Wizard101 and Pirate101 are made by the same company and are technically linked in game (Pirate101 has some side quests that blatantly mention Wizard101). They may have different 'styles' but they are still the same in more ways than not, which stands to reason that Ranked PvP could most likely follow the same road as Wizard101's.

I have stated I don't want to remove the Ranked System, I want to revamp it so as to promote a better experience for all players while minimizing as many 'sour apple' possibilities as possible. The Ranked system has been promoted (by me) to follow the Badges system (Defeat 500 players for Sergeant, 2000 for Knight, etc), the only part of Ranked I propose to be removed is the scoring system. My reason is because your Companions (currently) go into 'recovery' mode when defeated after Practice PvP, which isn't too far of a stretch to guess that this system will be a part of Ranked. The loser will have to deal with wounded companions (that can take hours to recover, or heaps of gold for the doc) as well as a plummeting score. If that's not unnecessary insult to injury, then I don't know what is.

I personally love to PvP (in Pirates), and would love to keep that passion. I'm an even 50/50 when it comes to PvE or PvP. However, like I stated, no one goes to PvP to block people; we go there to challenge ourselves. When PvP turns into a 'Blocking' festival then it's no longer PvP, it's just a digital High School full of ridiculous drama.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
hello, pvp clan co leader here, we do tell our members to be nice please don't assume we don't.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
zuto4011a on May 24, 2015 wrote:
hello, pvp clan co leader here, we do tell our members to be nice please don't assume we don't.
I know not all PVP players are the same, I'm just basing my judgment on my experiences. There are very good clan leaders out there, and then there are the trolls.
Wouldn't you wish that more PVE players could enjoy the experience of a good well-fought match? This is the point I was trying to make.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
Nightblood1995 on May 24, 2015 wrote:
Wizard101 and Pirate101 are made by the same company and are technically linked in game (Pirate101 has some side quests that blatantly mention Wizard101). They may have different 'styles' but they are still the same in more ways than not, which stands to reason that Ranked PvP could most likely follow the same road as Wizard101's.

I have stated I don't want to remove the Ranked System, I want to revamp it so as to promote a better experience for all players while minimizing as many 'sour apple' possibilities as possible. The Ranked system has been promoted (by me) to follow the Badges system (Defeat 500 players for Sergeant, 2000 for Knight, etc), the only part of Ranked I propose to be removed is the scoring system. My reason is because your Companions (currently) go into 'recovery' mode when defeated after Practice PvP, which isn't too far of a stretch to guess that this system will be a part of Ranked. The loser will have to deal with wounded companions (that can take hours to recover, or heaps of gold for the doc) as well as a plummeting score. If that's not unnecessary insult to injury, then I don't know what is.

I personally love to PvP (in Pirates), and would love to keep that passion. I'm an even 50/50 when it comes to PvE or PvP. However, like I stated, no one goes to PvP to block people; we go there to challenge ourselves. When PvP turns into a 'Blocking' festival then it's no longer PvP, it's just a digital High School full of ridiculous drama.
actually companions arent harmed at all after a pvp, where you got this from is beyond me,

The new players wont be fighting pros until they get to warlord, they start at private like everyone else, i am trash at wiz pvp i am 5-27 with a 157 rating, the system is fair, i suck at it so i lose, there shouldnt baby bumpers in RANKED pvp, all i do is pvp, i've blocked 2 players because of pvp in 2 years, thats one a year, pretty good ratio, the atmosphere of hostility you make pvp seem to have is completely false

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
zuto4011a on May 24, 2015 wrote:
I think the badge and scoring system sounds reasonable. As for conduct during the match if everybody agrees to be in good sportsmanship then there is nothing wrong with this system. For the players new to pvp would the battles in houses count towards the score? If these places can be used for training there is nothing wrong with better players teaching lesser ones to fight if they so desire.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey