Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Possibility That Your Character Can Obtain Rank

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
NOTE: I am aware that Swashbucklers already have First Strike 3, but if my theory is correct, this talent is not limited to just that class.

Basis:

With the new update, one can learn Rank 1 epic talents from Clandestine trainers and obtain additional Rank1 epic talents (First Strike, Relentless, etc.) through pets. With the combination of several Rank 1 talents, one may now use Relentless 2, Burst Fire 2, etc. In theory, if three Rank 1 talents are combined, one may obtain Rank 3 of certain talents such as First Strike 3 and Repel Boarders 3 -- two talents effective in both PVP and PVE.

Necessary Equipment:

For Repel Boarders 3:
  • Privateer w/ Repel Boarders 1
  • Manticore’s Sting (Grants Repel Boarders 1)
  • Admiral’s Bundle Royal High Naval Saber (Grants Repel Boarders 1); or Captain Blood’s Hook; or Bobby Bones’ Blade or Hand (Grants Repel Boarders 1); or Fin’s Cunning Cutters (Grants Repel Boarders 1)

For First Strike 3:
  • Metal Guardian’s Blade (Grants First Strike 1)
  • Eyes of the Cobra (Grant’s First Strike 1)
  • Pet which grants First Strike 1

At the moment, I cannot test this theory (as I do not have some of the necessary equipment to test it) and would be most thankful if someone were to try it for me.

Thank you for reading and I wish you the best of luck!

- Jack

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
There has been some good input on Central (www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?57314-A-Possibility-That-Your-Character-Can-Obtain-Rank-3-Talents&p=280156#post280156) for this thread. Feel free to check it out! (I'd re-post it all here, but information would get through a lot slower that way due to the monitoring process).

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
If your a witch you can give a bonus rank of riposte and first strike if you want