Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Anybody notice this?

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
So, the karma paper dragon is a painted dragon that you can get by opening up presents all over (they have nothing to do with karma, I tried gifting ten crown packs to a non-beggar, but no karma pet what-so-ever). It looks like a differently colored paper dragon. The paper dragon is a hybrid pet you can get from a tawny sky turtle and a celestial dragon. Why would they use a hybrid with the word "karma" in front of it?

Here are the possible reasons:

1 -It is a hybrid hint
The karma chameleon looks like an orchid chameleon. There is no known pet yet that has the name "chameleon". It could be a hint as to some hybrid. The annoyingly silent eagle has kept his beak sealed for a long enough time, I'm mentioning this. Whether he is coming up with a new riddle, or eating something you don't want to know about, or helping for a huge, major update, he might just be waiting for us to discover a possible hybrid. So far, many pets that have known hybrids have three hybrids. The orchid chameleon so far makes an emusaur and the thorny toad. I am making a wild guess here, but I think that there is one undiscovered hybrid out there about the orchid chameleon.

2 -Wild
We honestly have no idea what they put in to pets. There are going to be pets that will come out in the future. We have no idea what connection there is about the karma paper dragon and the karma chameleon. Who knows? Maybe they picked slips of paper out of a hat. Maybe they thought it would be funny for us players to spend endless time figuring out what it means, for something, or for nothing.

And Decius, I apologize for calling you annoyingly silent, but could you please at least tell us what they mean? If you could please do that, I will ask no more of you, bring some birthday cake, and give you a bag of (I changed this for you Anecorbie) fish inside.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
MadisonWinterHorn on Oct 19, 2015 wrote:
So, the karma paper dragon is a painted dragon that you can get by opening up presents all over (they have nothing to do with karma, I tried gifting ten crown packs to a non-beggar, but no karma pet what-so-ever). It looks like a differently colored paper dragon. The paper dragon is a hybrid pet you can get from a tawny sky turtle and a celestial dragon. Why would they use a hybrid with the word "karma" in front of it?

Here are the possible reasons:

1 -It is a hybrid hint
The karma chameleon looks like an orchid chameleon. There is no known pet yet that has the name "chameleon". It could be a hint as to some hybrid. The annoyingly silent eagle has kept his beak sealed for a long enough time, I'm mentioning this. Whether he is coming up with a new riddle, or eating something you don't want to know about, or helping for a huge, major update, he might just be waiting for us to discover a possible hybrid. So far, many pets that have known hybrids have three hybrids. The orchid chameleon so far makes an emusaur and the thorny toad. I am making a wild guess here, but I think that there is one undiscovered hybrid out there about the orchid chameleon.

2 -Wild
We honestly have no idea what they put in to pets. There are going to be pets that will come out in the future. We have no idea what connection there is about the karma paper dragon and the karma chameleon. Who knows? Maybe they picked slips of paper out of a hat. Maybe they thought it would be funny for us players to spend endless time figuring out what it means, for something, or for nothing.

And Decius, I apologize for calling you annoyingly silent, but could you please at least tell us what they mean? If you could please do that, I will ask no more of you, bring some birthday cake, and give you a bag of (I changed this for you Anecorbie) fish inside.
My friend, Eagles do not eat worms - include a nice salmon in the deal and maybe he'll open his beak for that.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Well, it could just be that the crazy & crafty KI crew & critter-creating cohorts collectively, & quite comically, conjure up & concoct cute & cuddly kinda creatures corralled from carefully & cleverly conceived, yet quite cool connections to iconic pop Culture....Club!

I'm not sure if you remember, or are of the age to share a connection to this, but a while back a certain day was designated by KI, in order to pay respects to a certain breakthrough 80's singer/band front-man. Well, it just so happens that the new Karma Chameleon shares the same name of perhaps his band's greatest, or most colorful, song. Actually, I think it would have been quite fitting or at least even funnier if KI would have given out free Karma Chameleons only to Boy pirates, named George. Now that would have been some Karma...ehh, perhaps.

Also, the Karma Paper Dragon does make a bit of nonsensical sense, as well. First off, in the song Karma Chameleon, the lyrics state that, "Loving you would be easy if your colors were like my dream, red, gold and green-- red, gold and gree-e-e-e-eeeen." It just so happens that the Karma Paper Dragon is rendered in, well....red, gold and green! Also, the belief and term, Karma, derives from Buddhism. Well, the great land of milk, cheese and udder cowas (chaos) -- MooShu -- shares a similar belief of....Moodhism. So, it appears quite cleverly fitting that a MooShu pet, especially a Paper Dragon, would follow the word, Karma.

This is exactly one of the things that I rather enjoy about P101 & the KI minds-that-be-and-do. So much of what is put into the game, especially names of pets & characters, dialogue and such, don't at first appear to make any sense. But it appears that there is indeed a marvelous method to all the madness....well, most of it at least! So, I do believe that those pets do tie in rather well with Karma, but not in the obvious way. But in a clever kind of way, they sure do.

Karma, karma, karma, karma, karma chameleon (& paper dragon).......

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Preparing smoked sockeye........ Capers or no?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 19, 2015 wrote:
My friend, Eagles do not eat worms - include a nice salmon in the deal and maybe he'll open his beak for that.
I know that, but I do know that Decius talks about eating worms, so that's why I say that. He is a very atypical eagle, but that doesn't affect his amazing looks. Or the amazing way he sounds when he reveals a hybrid. Or answers one of our questions.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
DuranteRamses87 on Oct 19, 2015 wrote:
Preparing smoked sockeye........ Capers or no?

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Capers are good. I'll take 2 servings.