Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Remember the Aquilan Immortals...

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
If Grizzley117 & Serpent10611 are correct in saying that "Head, Hand & Heart" refer to real people; then I would like to present a speculation of my own. What follows is a wild flight of fancy so I won't be offended if anyone disagrees:
We know for a fact that "The Toymaker" is responsible for the clockwork birds and the message within was signed, "G". CDeWinter has speculated that "G" could be Galileo.
Toymaker = G = Galileo, what if he is "Hand"?
There are two names that have been presented in this game that are not yet assigned a face or even occupation; Desdemona and Cagliostro.
Desdemona in Apollo's prophecy is linked to the emotion, love.
What if Desdemona is "Heart"?
Cagliostro was historically a scam artist with occult connections, if you're going to bilk the Crowned Heads of Europe, you would have to be very clever.
What if Cagliostro is "Head"?
As for Captain Barnabus Hande, I think he is going to be a villain whose plans we must thwart.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
anecorbie on May 19, 2016 wrote:
If Grizzley117 & Serpent10611 are correct in saying that "Head, Hand & Heart" refer to real people; then I would like to present a speculation of my own. What follows is a wild flight of fancy so I won't be offended if anyone disagrees:
We know for a fact that "The Toymaker" is responsible for the clockwork birds and the message within was signed, "G". CDeWinter has speculated that "G" could be Galileo.
Toymaker = G = Galileo, what if he is "Hand"?
There are two names that have been presented in this game that are not yet assigned a face or even occupation; Desdemona and Cagliostro.
Desdemona in Apollo's prophecy is linked to the emotion, love.
What if Desdemona is "Heart"?
Cagliostro was historically a scam artist with occult connections, if you're going to bilk the Crowned Heads of Europe, you would have to be very clever.
What if Cagliostro is "Head"?
As for Captain Barnabus Hande, I think he is going to be a villain whose plans we must thwart.
Interesting... it's a possibility. Like someone had said before, prophecies can be incredibly vague and could mean anything. Head, Hand, and Heart could mean a number of things, ranging from people to inanimate objects.

Concerning Captain Hande, I doubt he is just gonna be another cliché villain who we are tasked with taking down. Kane fulfills that role already. Why replace Kane with a carbon copy of himself? I believe Hande is special somehow. He will bring something to the table that Kane doesn't.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
Interesting theories abound... but knowing the wry, borderline mischievously evil bent of the folks at KI, isn't it also possible that "Hande" is just another KI play on words... since it seems to be the only extremity he has remaining it could be a sort of cruel, ironic joke. (gotta wonder how he ties his shoes)
Personally I don't think Hande is going to play a part in the "grand scheme" but is more likely going to be a parallel to Avery in some respects. He might give us a clue here and there much like Avery does but I doubt he'll have any real measurable impact on the El Dorado story-line.

Ensign
May 11, 2009
Actually, I did a little bit of research (and a friend helped me some ).

Turns out, Desdemona is a character in Shakespeare's Othello, which just so happens to take place in Venice, Italy. Guess where Valencia is based off of? Italy. (and some Northern Spain, but that's a topic for another day.)

Unfortunately she dies in Othello (spoilers alert! ) because in short, her lover Othello thinks she's been unfaithful to him. Apollo told us our fate hinges on her love; perhaps we need to clear her name in some way later on in Valencia, and show her lover she really loves him? Just some speculation on my part. I'd be happy to see anyone else's input

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Grizzley117 on May 19, 2016 wrote:
Interesting... it's a possibility. Like someone had said before, prophecies can be incredibly vague and could mean anything. Head, Hand, and Heart could mean a number of things, ranging from people to inanimate objects.

Concerning Captain Hande, I doubt he is just gonna be another cliché villain who we are tasked with taking down. Kane fulfills that role already. Why replace Kane with a carbon copy of himself? I believe Hande is special somehow. He will bring something to the table that Kane doesn't.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
If you wanna hear my two-cents about Hande, I have a sneaking suspicion that he knows us and/or our parents personally.

Ensign
Aug 08, 2010
Grizzley117 on May 19, 2016 wrote:

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
Yes of course, because no person we have worked with has ever betrayed us *cough*monkey king ratbeard*cough*. Cynicism aside, I do agree that Hande probably isn't going to be a nemesis like Kane. Instead, I think that he's going to be that guy we go to for something, who requires "a favor for a favor" as it says in The Book of Favors, and then once we give him what he wants, he's gonna try to turn us in.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
It appears that Hande is apart of the Presidio 5 companion promotion quests. In what way? I'm not sure, because my game is still loading, but Hande won't be the big bad villain. Kane will most likely still be the villain, but I still don't know how Hande fits into the grand scheme of things.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
that charming roug... on May 20, 2016 wrote:
Yes of course, because no person we have worked with has ever betrayed us *cough*monkey king ratbeard*cough*. Cynicism aside, I do agree that Hande probably isn't going to be a nemesis like Kane. Instead, I think that he's going to be that guy we go to for something, who requires "a favor for a favor" as it says in The Book of Favors, and then once we give him what he wants, he's gonna try to turn us in.
Neither of these companions have betrayed us since joining our crews - tricked us, yes, before joining, but that can't be considered "betrayal" because there was no faith between us involved.

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Grizzley117 on May 20, 2016 wrote:
It appears that Hande is apart of the Presidio 5 companion promotion quests. In what way? I'm not sure, because my game is still loading, but Hande won't be the big bad villain. Kane will most likely still be the villain, but I still don't know how Hande fits into the grand scheme of things.

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
Presidio promotion quests? I won't discredit the possibility, yet, but what gave you the suspicion? I don't recall any teasers hinting it.

Lieutenant
Dec 13, 2008
Serpent10611 on May 20, 2016 wrote:
Presidio promotion quests? I won't discredit the possibility, yet, but what gave you the suspicion? I don't recall any teasers hinting it.
If you check the Test Realm Update Notes, it mentions it there:)

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15

Gunner's Mate
May 17, 2015
Serpent10611 on May 20, 2016 wrote:
Have a read of the update notes...

Lieutenant
May 01, 2010
Grizzley117 on May 21, 2016 wrote:
If you check the Test Realm Update Notes, it mentions it there:)

Lv. 65
Lv. 62
Lv. 18
Lv. 15
(face palms) If only I had known they posted it. Thanks . . .
. . . I see, very interesting indeed. I guess I was right in my suspicion, in a way. Maybe Hande doesn't know them personally, but I'm almost certain he'll bring us a lot closer to our parents. I'm so hyped-up for this.