Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

practice points

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 15, 2011
Administrator
Unfortunately the game guide was giving incorrect and outdated information. Pirates shouldn't receive their first training point until level 8. That should be fixed now: https://www.pirate101.com/free_game/players_guide/classes/skills_powers

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Nov 28, 2009
When you buy back points for your crew "ship mates" does it also buy back practice points for your pirate? If not, is there a way to buy back practice points??

Ensign
Jul 31, 2010
plz can some one plz tell me how do u get practice points to get training outside or ur pirates class??

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
windancer52 on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
plz can some one plz tell me how do u get practice points to get training outside or ur pirates class??
At certain levels, you will receive a training point. You can also receive training points if you do the Zeke quests (just like in Wizard101).

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
windancer52 on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Zeke's quests is one way to obtain practice points.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Terminology first: Training Points are used to train your Companions. Practice Points allow you to train outside your Pirate Class. For example, if you were a Privateer and had at least one Practice Point (seen on your character sheet [shortcut - the letter 'c'] in the lower right corner), then you could train in one of the other Pirate Classes (Musketeer, Buccaneer, Swashbuckler, or Witchdoctor). As mentioned by One-Eyed Jack, you get your first Practice Point around level 8.

Practice Points are obtained by doing at least the main line quests (I do all the quests so I don't have this problem) and Prospector Zeke's Quests. There may also be other Quests that give Practice Points - I am not sure.

When you buy back (Reset) a Companion's Training Points, only that Companion is affected. If you are a member of Pirate 101 (I'm fairly sure about Monthly and definite about Yearly), it only costs Gold to do. Otherwise the cost is probably in Crowns and the higher your level is, the more the expense.

If you want to buy back Practice Points for your Pirate, talk to any Trainer and press the Reset Button in the lower right corner. It can be done but the cost is in Crowns.