Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Text chat not working

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 13, 2012
there seems to be a problem with my text chat when i press enter to say something it doesnt open the chat bar and doesnt let me say anything can anyone please explain this

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
I have be experiencin' chat problems myself, especially durin' battle, have to re click th' darn thin', then cant click me attacks, dont be knowin' whar to hide th' text box as it covers battle spots i be needin' to spy wit' ye eye

other times, me character page pops up instead 'o text chat, extra annoyin'

Ensign
Feb 13, 2011
Administrator
Heya! Just wanted to let you know that we're looking to fix this bug, but I also wanted to let you know that there is a work around as well. Simply press O twice to close your chat window and bring it back up to clear the bug. Also, logging out of the game using the Escape key instead of the X in the top right hand corner can help stop this bug from occurring.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 15, 2012
goguts3 on Dec 17, 2012 wrote:
there seems to be a problem with my text chat when i press enter to say something it doesnt open the chat bar and doesnt let me say anything can anyone please explain this
i am haveing the probelem too but it clears up really fast

Petty Officer
Jun 29, 2011
Ensign
Jan 04, 2013
I too have been facing these problems and I figured out how to elude this bug.

All you have to do is press enter and type anything after you log in. (note this has to be the first thing you do when you log in)

Sincerely,
Kai