Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Gold for crowns

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
Okay I know this is probably a lot to ask from KI, but does anyone else think it would be great to exchange gold for crowns?

--Clever Miranda

Bosun
May 10, 2010
Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Crowns cost real money for a reason.

You put in the ability to exchange gold for crowns you remove that reason.

Ensign
Apr 26, 2010
exactly. it'd be cool, but it would ruin the game, in a very literal sense. kingsisle stops making money, kingsisle stops making game, no more game for us to play . so, not gonna happen, but it could be cool.

Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
Charles the Healer on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
exactly. it'd be cool, but it would ruin the game, in a very literal sense. kingsisle stops making money, kingsisle stops making game, no more game for us to play . so, not gonna happen, but it could be cool.
Quite honesty, I do realize this, but I merely commented on it because the gold to crowns balance is so off. There is practically NOTHING in game you can buy with gold: no mounts, houses, companions, or anything. Crowns people have so many more options than those who pay with gold. I guess what I was really asking was for the economy of the game to be more balanced, which it really doesn't seem to be right now.

Community Leader
OhMyFish on Dec 31, 2012 wrote:
Quite honesty, I do realize this, but I merely commented on it because the gold to crowns balance is so off. There is practically NOTHING in game you can buy with gold: no mounts, houses, companions, or anything. Crowns people have so many more options than those who pay with gold. I guess what I was really asking was for the economy of the game to be more balanced, which it really doesn't seem to be right now.
Not trying to undermine your argument, but just making sure everyone knows that you can buy two houses for gold in the game: one for 100,000g and one for 75,000g. Also, there are housing items in the crownshop that are available for gold. Everything else you said is correct!

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Sep 08, 2008
Well, I do have to say. The houses and mounts you can buy (for gold) are EXTREMELY limited. As KingsIsle will expand on items and premium things, the amount of things you can buy with gold will expand as well.

But also, then again, there really is not a whole lot of stuff there. KingsIsle needs to expand the Pirate101 shop's library first, before they will probably add more things that one can buy with gold.

Community Leader
The game economy having somewhat improved since the game opened, I can understand a need for things for us pirates to spend our gold on.

It to spend a lot of gold on Training tomes, but the strategy in the game I use never gets me below the 10 tome maximum.

My pirates often hit the 100k gold cap as of late.

When I do, I.....

Buy a bigger ship, even if I cant use it yet. Even if I have to port to a friend with access to where the higher level ship can be purchased. All my pirates have been getting their Marleybone Galleon at about level 18! lol Cant use it yet, but its ready to go when I can!!!

Buy housing items, im a pirate, and love lots of gold around my house, so I have stooped to buying the piles of gold housing items. Almost every housing item, if not all, are purchaseable with Gold.

Would be nice if they could give us a few more things to use our gold on.... :)

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
Talkin The Plank on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
Not trying to undermine your argument, but just making sure everyone knows that you can buy two houses for gold in the game: one for 100,000g and one for 75,000g. Also, there are housing items in the crownshop that are available for gold. Everything else you said is correct!
Good point, I did forget about that!

--Clever Miranda lvl. 28

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
We all know crowns give people many advantages. Maybe it is ki's way of saying "Thank you for giving us your money. Here's a gift!" Since its their gift for spending real money, it would be kind of strange to give us the gift with virtual money easily obtainable.