Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Story Thread 1: A few story questions...

AuthorMessage
Developer
What do you mean Monquistans appeared in Wizard101? Is there something I missed or didn't know about it?

There are some Monquistans stranded in Azteca.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 15, 2009
I can't wait to take down the Armada. I'll taste victory and bask in the ultimate glory. Freedom, and protection of all races will live in my wake and all evil shall be vanquished by my blades. My attacks will be a relentless and a ferocious onslaught of justice and a glorious dance of steel will shut down all pathetic robots. I'll be the master of pvp all pirates will look to me in my ultimate reign of piracy were all are free. Emperors will bow to me. But most importantly I'll avenge my parents and punish the killer.

Petty Officer
Jun 28, 2011
hmm i got a question thats been bugging me a bit. Blind Mew even though it may be telling but does Avery have a home world like Ambrose. i know i asked the same question in my previous thread but still its a bit anxious for me.

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
Trimond297 on Mar 9, 2013 wrote:
Wow! From what I've saw so far in MooShu, I've had thoughts of similarly designed monsters from familiar worlds and similarly designed zones made in W101 would be reworked into new ones from the ground up and completely new monsters and zones made for P101. That's quite a tale!

What do you mean Monquistans appeared in Wizard101? Is there something I missed or didn't know about it?

If MooShu is bigger than either game and may have Skyways yet to be mapped and seen, will the same matter happen in Skull Island, too? I'm quite fond of that happening to the available and future worlds, but still. If so, I can't wait to see new treasures and lands on them!

How did the inclusion of Monte Royale in Port Regal come about? From what I've known, it's supposedly Monquistan property before it's total ruin sometime in the past, yes? Was there some kind of grandiose scandal going on or a horrible event related to it happening there? I've heard the Monquista battle music, so it's gotta be how some Monquistans used to reside there. I enjoyed it when I walked right into Deacon's trap during Bonnie Anne's second promotion quest and escaped, because it's mostly an empty land and castle ruins and the ideal place to set up a clever ruse. What backstory does Monte Royale hold?
The Monquistans were in Azteca, I don't know where, but one of them was a lvl 90 henchman.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
1. Will any of the armada elites or any armada troop ever turn against Kane like I always expected Rooke since he looks to be the strongest and toughest to turn on Kane and lead the armada his way

2. Will Deacon ever return like being reprogrammed but in a good way because I think it would be a great idea if Deacon who was basically your one of your pirate's biggest enemies of the game and seeing Deacon return and join your crew to me would be amazing and cool to have a big enemy of yours aid you against the enemy who used to be your friend sorry if that was a little confusing

3. Are we ever going to see the crown King and Queen possibly join the armada's side to stop us or any other old rivals of our pirates going to join the armada's side

4. Will our pirate see any characters of Wizard101 like Malistaire, Morganthe, Merle Ambrose, etc.

5. Are their going to be any more evil big enemies like Kane or Deacon our pirate will come across to face

6. Finally Will their be any of our companions that will betray us or maybe quit and if so will it be one of our main companions (Ratbeard, Old Scratch, Bonnie Anne, El Toro, etc.)

Please reply to these questions Blind Mew they really are interesting to me and want to know more about the pirate world

Slick Cody Jones-Privateer

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Blind Mew on Mar 11, 2013 wrote:

There are some Monquistans stranded in Azteca.
Oh. I was so occupied with Pirate101, I forgot to go on with Wizard101's adventures. I've not gotten to them yet, but I'll see the Monquistans when I get further in Azteca very soon. Thanks, though!

Will there be a trip to Avalon someday? I'm certain there's other forms of evil terrorizing Avalon's unseen lands besides those taken place during Sir Malory's attack on King Artorius, Morganthe's twisted Horned Crown scheme for her ongoing prophecy, and the Pendragon's reign of terror, along with the aftermath that happens after Wizards triumphant over evil and the restoration of Artorius.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Another matter I've noticed between the Marleybonians and Monquistans. They do have their shared interests in excavating lost treasures from the worlds of the Spiral, for example, Krokotopia, Skull Island, and even Azteca itself, and certain worlds unseesn and unheard of yet, but does their taste in treasure excavations turns into fierce competitions on who gets their treasures first? Is it likely a some sort of rivalry over treasure hunting? Are there other factions who have the same interests, along with similar rivalries, too? I'm sure they're always competing for treasures.

Developer
Trimond297 on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:
Another matter I've noticed between the Marleybonians and Monquistans. They do have their shared interests in excavating lost treasures from the worlds of the Spiral, for example, Krokotopia, Skull Island, and even Azteca itself, and certain worlds unseesn and unheard of yet, but does their taste in treasure excavations turns into fierce competitions on who gets their treasures first? Is it likely a some sort of rivalry over treasure hunting? Are there other factions who have the same interests, along with similar rivalries, too? I'm sure they're always competing for treasures.
You forget something - you've seen another major power doing precisely the same thing. The Armada's scoruing the isle of Doom for old treasure too.

Competition for gold is a pretty big deal among the colonial power, but sometimes they're looking for more than just the gold. I know Kane is...

Ensign
Aug 23, 2011
Blind Mew on Feb 12, 2013 wrote:
Yeah, I live for the tease. The [REDACTED] bit I simply couldn't resist. I will say I absolutely love what we're doing in the next update - it's some of my favorite content in the game. As much fun as the teasing is, trust me, I want to talk about it as much as you want to hear it. But I must leave it to marking to decide

1. Literary villains? At least one I can guarantee is coming soon. Naming that villain, I fear, would reveal too much.

2. If I had a motto, "that would be telling" would be it. What can I say, I'm a sucker for The Prisoner. I'm afraid I can't say anything that would even remotely hint at when the update will be done - sorry!But I think I can safely say we're closer to the end of work than the beginning.

3. Kane's a super genius, and Deacon's VERY sharp too. They have quite a head for statistics and probability, so they're pretty good at predicting the PCs actions. We've also operated on the assumption that they have sources of information that the PC doesn't...

4. That would be telling, but I expect you'd be called upon to go find some relic, or bring a theologian out of hiding, or perhaps play a dirty trick on one side to discredit them...
3. Sources of info we don't? -Sobs- Must find out.... -sniff, sniff- Can't you just tell us? JK, that would ruin it. I shouldn't be reading this...

Ensign
Aug 23, 2011
Oh! Idea! So what if the unamed clockwork joins our crew! I would love that! Well maybe... Actully.... Hmm... Nevermind. But a few questions.

1. Everyone continues to mention betrayel. How will that come to us? Its been comfirmed that its not likely our companions will betray us, but what about Avery? He's done it in small scale before, and I can just picture him using us to get to El Dorado. Likely?

2. What if one of the mechanical birds joins us?

3. Contridicting #2, I heard mention that the Armada has sources of info we don't. Mechanical birds?

4. If we got something on the dot right, would you tell us?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Clever Kestrel on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:
Oh! Idea! So what if the unamed clockwork joins our crew! I would love that! Well maybe... Actully.... Hmm... Nevermind. But a few questions.

1. Everyone continues to mention betrayel. How will that come to us? Its been comfirmed that its not likely our companions will betray us, but what about Avery? He's done it in small scale before, and I can just picture him using us to get to El Dorado. Likely?

2. What if one of the mechanical birds joins us?

3. Contridicting #2, I heard mention that the Armada has sources of info we don't. Mechanical birds?

4. If we got something on the dot right, would you tell us?
That's nonsese about the first question! Ever heard of the words "starting from the bottom, then working your way up to the top"? I had. If you recall, Captian Avery sent the new Pirates to retrieve his Jade Amulet from Fin Dorsal and his Cutthroats in Skull Mountain as their first job after being rescued by Boochbeard and Mr. Gandry. After succeeding the job, Avery gives them their very first ship, which wasn't a luxury ship, thought to be at first, but a small, junky ship from Dockmaster Dan. The luxury ship is Avery's. That's how it works. Thinking of big rewards at the start of your journey, but in truth, you get so little, but you work your way to true luxuries on the adventures we undertake. Avery sorta taught the Pirates a lesson of starting from the bottom, you know. Regardless, he does do little deception at times, but he would never, and I mean, NEVER, turn his back on the Pirates, no matter what.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Blind Mew on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:
You forget something - you've seen another major power doing precisely the same thing. The Armada's scoruing the isle of Doom for old treasure too.

Competition for gold is a pretty big deal among the colonial power, but sometimes they're looking for more than just the gold. I know Kane is...
I've not forgotten the Armada.

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
Blind Mew on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:

Yeah...what IS up with that? I'm pretty sure several mechanical men don't really need gold...

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Ethan the baron on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
1. Will any of the armada elites or any armada troop ever turn against Kane like I always expected Rooke since he looks to be the strongest and toughest to turn on Kane and lead the armada his way

2. Will Deacon ever return like being reprogrammed but in a good way because I think it would be a great idea if Deacon who was basically your one of your pirate's biggest enemies of the game and seeing Deacon return and join your crew to me would be amazing and cool to have a big enemy of yours aid you against the enemy who used to be your friend sorry if that was a little confusing

3. Are we ever going to see the crown King and Queen possibly join the armada's side to stop us or any other old rivals of our pirates going to join the armada's side

4. Will our pirate see any characters of Wizard101 like Malistaire, Morganthe, Merle Ambrose, etc.

5. Are their going to be any more evil big enemies like Kane or Deacon our pirate will come across to face

6. Finally Will their be any of our companions that will betray us or maybe quit and if so will it be one of our main companions (Ratbeard, Old Scratch, Bonnie Anne, El Toro, etc.)

Please reply to these questions Blind Mew they really are interesting to me and want to know more about the pirate world

I can't answer 1-5 but definitely 6 as that is a question I asked (does no one read the WHOLE message board anymore?).

Blind Mew stated that he is weary to make a Companion leave even on short noticed. Some would not really find that good and become upset, even if it's only a side companion. But betrayl comes in many forms. Exactedly who? We'll find out.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
CaptainFlint193 on Mar 13, 2013 wrote:
Yeah...what IS up with that? I'm pretty sure several mechanical men don't really need gold...
The Armada probably does not want gold for personal use. Gold however, is important for trade and widely coveted throughout the spiral. If it makes it easier for Kane to take over a world or gain a map piece, why wouldn't he use gold? He's clever, he knows that force is not always the best weapon, and willing allies are often much better than conquered enemies.

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Melody Fisher on Mar 14, 2013 wrote:
The Armada probably does not want gold for personal use. Gold however, is important for trade and widely coveted throughout the spiral. If it makes it easier for Kane to take over a world or gain a map piece, why wouldn't he use gold? He's clever, he knows that force is not always the best weapon, and willing allies are often much better than conquered enemies.
Gold is also good for burning and smelting down to make more parts for more Clockworks or for their fancy-smanchy Machine.

By the way, Blind Mew, is there a difference between the Armada's Machine and their so-called "Grand Design"? Like is the Grand Design their scheme to take over the Spiral and rebuild it or is just another name for the Machine?

Ensign
Sep 30, 2012
Mr. Mew, I have some questions as well. Sorry if someone already asked them, I just skim the page. Anyways:

1. Will we ever see our class trainers in combat?

2. Is it possible we may get Avery as a companion?

3. Will there ever be side classes,(Such as moon, sun, and star in Wiz101)In Pirate101?

Thanks in advance, Obnoxious Wolf Armstrong lvl 50 Swash

Developer
Cunning Finnigan S... on Mar 7, 2013 wrote:
After thinking it over, I can tell, Blind Mew, that my last post of questions didn't go over well (mostly because now i can tell all those were an answer of a big, unforgettable "That would be telling.."). Oh, well.
But I am still curious to know:

1. What's the deal with Darkmoor? So far we have a hint that there is a monarchy in place and that it's very dark, boggy, foggy, (from the world sketch that was posted) and has some undead prowling around. However, of all the mentioned worlds it is heavily unknown about compared to El Dorado, Marleybone, and Polaris. I would just like to know, what have the people (witchdoctors maybe?) of Darkmoor done for the Spiral, good or bad? The Heros of Aquila created passages between the worlds, Polaris nearly took over the Spiral, the Builders of El Dorado maded a devastating power but what is there to tell about Darkmoor, if any? Are they like MooShu, a world to show, again, how vast and strange the Spiral is?

2. Is it one of the Pirate communities' goals to make this game not only feel like a game but also a book? When I ask you all these questions on what's to come, I feel like I'm at an author's book signing than typing out all these questions.

3. Are our PC's foster parent quests going to be featured within this story line or the next?

4. Are there parts and Worlds of the Spiral that even you don't know where we may be heading to as of now?

5. Are there any more small quest lines, such as the Mechnical Bird quest, that will play a major and shocking role closer to the end of the El Dorado story?

6. Is Bonnie Ann from Marleybone? You've hinted it very well through out this Post and in the Valencia quest to go read all the Pillars about the worlds, where she seemed to take some offense about what was said about Marelybone, but I just want to confirm it (only if possible). Also why is Marleybone so behind in technological advancement compared to Valenica? They both have Clockworks yet, Valencia's are better.
1. Ah, Darkmoor... We'll get there. As it stands right now, Darkmoor hasn't had that much of an impact on the rest of the Spiral, for good or for bad. It's a little like Cool Ranch - kind of out of the way, and definitely a flavor all its own. We'll get there eventually, and when the time comes, the PC will have an excellent reason to go there.

2. You flatter me.

3. They will come into it, but I fear rather late. I've currently got plans to do a special quest (or small chain) based on where you were raised, but we need all those worlds on line before we can put those quests up, or it will be grossly unfair to those who have to wait.

4. There are defininitely worlds int he Spiral i don't know about. But it's very unlikely we're heading to them, at least in the near term. The El Dorado storyline has a solid outline in place - unless a huge, earthshaking idea were to hit out of the blue that was better than what we have now, I'd resist changing from the current plan.

5. They're the biggest one - no other pops to mind. Though i expect in future Books a new side plot might emerge that would do the trick.

6. Bonnie Anne's origins will have a lot of light shed on them in her third promo quest, which will be included in Book 13. As to why Valencia has such a lead in Clockwork technology, that ties in to the origins of the Armada, which will be revealed... in good time.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Ethan the baron on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:

Blimd Mew i have two more question I forgot to ask

7. Will their be any of our pirates friends that we have met become one of our companions for example like Avery, One eyed Jack, Blind Mew, Gortez, or an enemy like general tso or any one else

8. You were talking about darkmoor that it would come soon will it involve Vadimas past because I heard she had a big thing to do with darkmoor and is there anything you can tell us about Darkmoor because I find it a very interesting world

Captain
May 02, 2009
Piggy Pirate on Mar 16, 2013 wrote:
Mr. Mew, I have some questions as well. Sorry if someone already asked them, I just skim the page. Anyways:

1. Will we ever see our class trainers in combat?

2. Is it possible we may get Avery as a companion?

3. Will there ever be side classes,(Such as moon, sun, and star in Wiz101)In Pirate101?

Thanks in advance, Obnoxious Wolf Armstrong lvl 50 Swash
In response to #3, I've thought of 3 additional classes, but have not made an overall name for them, though. I've thought of the Corsairs (similar to Sun), Raiders (similar to Star) and Brigands (similar to Moon). Maybe I might call them the Scallywag Classes. Hmm...

Ensign
Nov 12, 2009
I read about Magnificent 7 updates.. I bought Wild Bill, so will I have to do a quest for him, or will I have to dish out a hefty sum of gold? Also, why don't the magnificent 7 talk?

...Do we get any interaction with the crown companions? I would love that.... Exeter is too quiet while Emmett has such a funny voice.

Also, who are the voice actors? I like knowing these facts. I would love to find out!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Dear Blind Mew,
1. You have kindly assured us that the mystery of the Mechanical Birds has not been forgotten. I am also curious about another thread: in 'Evans to Murgatroyd' (ha, ha) the wreck of the Zephyr appears to have been due to a peculiar steel alloy that looks Marleybonian but on close inspection is not. Shall this be investigated further? (Maybe I'm paranoid, but a sinister replacement requiring advanced knowledge of metalurgy sounds like the Armada to me)

2. Speaking of the Armada, who makes them and their ships & devices? The Armada individuals we have seen seem more militaristic than engineers and mechanics.

3. Is the floor on Marco Pollo's tomb a symbolic design or a map? I am particularly curious about the tangental curve that leads to a world symbolized as a star (which my imagination leaps to 'the Shining City') And the next question logically would be if Granchia is even still around by the time we get back there with the Armada Island-eating-machine at work... even if our characters in our imagination tried to slow it down by throwing a hammer into the works...

I perfectly understand if the answers to some or all of these would be 'that would be telling'. Besides, you always make me laugh when I read that.
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Developer
Trimond297 on Mar 6, 2013 wrote:
I'm sorry to throw you in the loop about that question, Blind Mew. I guess I was, and still, used to Wizard101's process of how worlds are added for not long, it was kinda baffling of how the story progression of Pirate101 differs from Wizard101's own story update cycle. Before Pirate101 was live, I thought the story proggression was working the same way as it is in Wizard101, via world updates. Well, thanks for sorting that out. Now I know how the ways the story continues on in the two games are not quite the same as I thought it would.

I know that, Blind Mew. Still, I'm eager to squash out the Elites, one by one, before Kane himself. Here's hoping to do so!

By the way, not long ago, I've read somewhere that Pirate101 was in development for about "two and a half years". How did the development process for Pirate101 took much shorter than Wizard101's process? Previously, MMO's from back in the early days, nearly pretty much like Wizard101, took about a very long time to develop. Was the process much different and much faster than before? I'm interested to hear the history about how the development process was much shorter for Pirate101 than most people had thought. Just curious to hear about it's history, nothing more. Hope you could cover that with your answer about it, later on.

Would it be not too much trouble to work in a black silhouette of the game's upcoming Book, or Books, with the words "Coming Soon" labelled on it in the Chapter Pricing page? It would give about a very small teaser about it. I'm willing to see the silhouettes in. Seeing silhouettes about upcoming content does tend to bring up the thrilling, exciting suspense, doesn't it?
As to the development time - yes, MMOs are notorious for taking a long time to develop. They have LOTS of moving parts, and require much more content than a standard console or PC game. That said, when we were making Pirate101 we had a few things working in our favor.

While we're not exactly a sequel, we are using the same core technology that Wizard used - so we saved a bunch of steps. We knew how things like chat, the crown shop, basic interface, and all that would work. This let us focus on building content and making the unique aspects of Pirate shine: ships and our new combat model. Don't get me wrong - it still took a long time, but we weren't starting from scratch.

Developer
Cunning Finnigan S... on Mar 9, 2013 wrote:
Thank you, Trimond! I did consider many of the things you said in your response, just not to those extents but it's definitely solid as far as I'm concerned. You should think about working for Kingsisle someday. Then you'd get the answers to all your many, many questions. But then you couldn't share them...hmm. I also share a bit of your hope for the battle with Kane but I think I'm much more interested in is workers particularly Bishop, Phule, and Queen (i'm guessing there is one for each class).

And for Blind Mew, I must remember to be more patient with your responses. You have a million and two quests to write for an epic Book. Who am I to rush? Oh, and I don't mind at all for an evasion of a long reply. And I have another set of questions to ask if you don't mind...

1. Are we ever truly done with a World? With this story line it seems there's always something pulling us back to a previous world unlike Wizard101 where once you've completed a World you don't return unless for a school quest or means of moving forward to a new one.

2. This may better suit a Wizard101 staff memember, but will the First World ever be named like Grizzlehiem, MooShu, Cool Ranch, etc?

3. Are we going to see anymore young characters closer to our PC's age? After Skull Island, any NPC's relating to kids or teens seems to completely drop off. The closest character, in my eyes, currently, is Sarah Steele.

4. So just to understand your answer to number 1 of my El Dorado-prehistory question, the Pirate101 story and anything to do with it won't directly correlate to Wizard101's story (such as how the Spiral began) so to not create too much confusion correct? Or was that more so to avoid giving out the big surprise on El Dorado, whatever it is?

5. Will Book 13 be the only large book or will we see even larger books afterwards? And does Kingsisle work with a set deadline for when they want an update completed or is it like, you finish when you finish (lol but then what work would be done?) And can we assume to see at least 2-3 update releases per year like Wizard101 in terms of story line?
1. We've definitely set things up so that PCs will occasionally jump back to "finished" worlds - it's a difference between how we and Wizard structure story. A little side trip to an old familiar space is a good way to keep the current world from getting too monotonous.

2. I know of no plans to name it more evocatively - the air of mystery suits it well, I find.

3. Good point. I'm currently exploring some options for bringing in some younger characters.

4. No, they'll correlate: we're keeping the universe coherent to itself. I was being vague, and trying to obliquely warn you that any source of information the PC finds in game could simply be wrong or incomplete.

5. Actually, Book 14 will be longer than Book 13. Our scheduling sets a target for the completion of a milestone, and we work out a yearly schedule for updates. Having just gone live, we're still figuring out how many live updates we can manage in a year.

Developer
iceblade1233 on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
hmm i got a question thats been bugging me a bit. Blind Mew even though it may be telling but does Avery have a home world like Ambrose. i know i asked the same question in my previous thread but still its a bit anxious for me.
He does, but I'm in no hurry to divulge that information or bring it into a quest.