Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

FrogFather Friday - Favorite Quiet Companion

AuthorMessage
Developer
Hello again my Pirate Friends, I trust the skyways are treating you well?

Your Frogfather wishes to make further conversation as we have Spiral business to discuss.

But please, come in, sit down, relax a minute--I get jumpy when a bunch of Pirates are hanging around, I'm sure you understand. Refreshment? Maybe some garlic flies? It's no trouble, I'll send Max, he needs the exercise--(between us, that Lobster is lookin' a little plump in the exoskeleton, but I should talk, capiche?)

Now to business.

As you know, I like to keep track of everything going on in the Spiral, and I know you Pirates are always building your crews, and prioritizing your Companions, keeping some closer than others. And some of these Companions of yours, like Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard, I know they offer you good advice--but I ask myself, what about the quiet ones?

So tell your FrogFather and tell him truthfully: Of the Companions that don’t talk, who’s your favorite, and why?

As before, please speak freely amongst yourselves and mull it over a bit. I'm eager to hear what you have to say, and look forward to this information as it may serve my Spiral interests. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got an appointment with a renown Monquistan Tailor--hey, I don't monkey around when it comes to my custom suits--OHHHH, Frogeddabowdit!

Until next time, my Pirate Friends, have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always show respect for the Spiral.

Ciao!!!

"Frogeddabowdit!" -The FrogFather (aka Jay Gordon, Piratical Producer)
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
For me, I think it is the cat pirate (his name varies). Well, he says "Yes Captain?", but that's all I have ever heard him say. Well, that and his little victory song. Besides that, he isn't much of a conversationalist. Nice hat, though.

-Michael

Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
Gosh I would have to say Ridolfo Capoferro, love that guy because he gets three promotions with tons of epic abilities and actually has better stats than most of my swashbucklers. Not the best accuracy but he dodges nearly everything and with first strike, riposte, and double relentless I can't complain. He actually beats out most of my other companions and made it to second place on my list.

Captain
May 02, 2009
Cat Marauder and Ridolfo hands down!

• The Cat Pirate Companion (mine is named Wild Jim Hawkins) is epicly cool, especially after the update. He just seems so calm and collected, but at the same time as deathly as Kan Po and Kobe Yojimbo combined!
  • Ridolfo Capoferro. He's just cool. He has not 3 but 4 attacks, plus he's a swashbuckler so he does some damage and he rarely ever fails in combat.
  • Another guy I'd like to add is (drumroll) Tyson! Whats not to like about him? He's big, tough, strong... and an excellent boxer. Plus, while on test realm when I clicked him he said the funniest thing in the funniest voice,"Yo, what's up" I just fell on the floor lauging my heart out Kudos to Tyson.

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
My favorite would probably be the samoorai, i forgot his name, that buccaneer get in mooshu. No this is not Kobe, it's the second samoorai.

Ensign
Aug 23, 2012
My favorite companion that doesn't speak is definitely Ridolfo Capferro; he looks fancy, has great damage and dodge, and fir good measure, a catchy critical sound.

Petty Officer
Feb 07, 2010
It's a pretty weird question because some pirates forget that their mute companions even exist. The only one that comes to mind on such short notice is the ones from the magnificant seven.

If you say those dont count, the ones that witchdoctors get that seem more like pets that you controll are nice. (the battacuda if you need an example) They seem to make more sense because they have a reason not to talk. If you're using this to determine new mute companions, why not give some "smart pets" to the other classes?

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
Hmm, probably bones mcgee, the skeletal corsair (if you could really call him quiet). I like his look (my flag's colors are black base and purple trim), I like how he fights in battle, and for victory pose, he raises and twirls his gun up high while letting out a mighty shout, and I also like how he laughs after firing 3 concecutive shots in a row, so yeah, there's that.

P.S. Shouldn't this go in the feedback forum and not the tavern?

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
On my musketeer, definently Ridolfo Caprio. On my swashbuckler, probably Mustang Sally. Unfortunantly, I'm not far enough in any other classes to give oppinions on their companions. From what I've seen though, Caprio seems to be the best overall.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
The Frogfather on Mar 1, 2013 wrote:
Hello again my Pirate Friends, I trust the skyways are treating you well?

Your Frogfather wishes to make further conversation as we have Spiral business to discuss.

But please, come in, sit down, relax a minute--I get jumpy when a bunch of Pirates are hanging around, I'm sure you understand. Refreshment? Maybe some garlic flies? It's no trouble, I'll send Max, he needs the exercise--(between us, that Lobster is lookin' a little plump in the exoskeleton, but I should talk, capiche?)

Now to business.

As you know, I like to keep track of everything going on in the Spiral, and I know you Pirates are always building your crews, and prioritizing your Companions, keeping some closer than others. And some of these Companions of yours, like Bonnie Anne and Ratbeard, I know they offer you good advice--but I ask myself, what about the quiet ones?

So tell your FrogFather and tell him truthfully: Of the Companions that don’t talk, who’s your favorite, and why?

As before, please speak freely amongst yourselves and mull it over a bit. I'm eager to hear what you have to say, and look forward to this information as it may serve my Spiral interests. Now if you'll excuse me, I've got an appointment with a renown Monquistan Tailor--hey, I don't monkey around when it comes to my custom suits--OHHHH, Frogeddabowdit!

Until next time, my Pirate Friends, have many fantastic adventures, help one another when you can, and always, always show respect for the Spiral.

Ciao!!!
Well my first would have to be bat masterson cause hes a vampire :)
second is my bulldog officer from a bundle
thats my favorites :D

two faced terry cog level 50
victour henri fluke level 15
john level 11
smart hannah level 5
blood alex iron side level 1

Petty Officer
May 25, 2012
For my musketeer, I've added Moresco de Valvida and Lucy Sterling to my crew, and both have been excellent additions (I do prefer Moresco though). As far as those that have joined during the course of the storyline, I'd be inclined to say that Monkey King is a favorite. There was a neat series of events leading to his joining, he's cool visually, and he has proven effective on my crew. Ridolfo Capoferro is also a capable crew member who looks really neat at his final promotion, but just doesn't have enough personality or story to beat out Monkey King.

At this point on my Privateer, I like Canary Jane as far as quiet companions go, but I'll reserve final judgement until I get everybody.

Canny Matthew Tolliver, lvl 50
Able Caleb Tolliver, lvl 36

Lieutenant
Oct 01, 2010
Mine would be Gortez (aka Goronado, but I just like to call him that). He's just plain awesome, and he has a cool accent.

Ensign
Apr 29, 2012
As a swashbuckler idk Ridolfo Caprio but I must say my swashbuckler companions quickly drop down on the list . I think Mustang Sally is my choice. All the dialogue is absolutely fun to me; I love Rooster Cogburn, Marquis Telo Hyloba, Buffalo Bill, El Toro, Stormy Sky, Angry Kane Clanton and Storm Dancer - that's almost everyone - so much for my help . I choose Sally because there are few gals in the hunt and I have high hopes for El Toro & Mustang Sally to stay up on the list with Sarah Steele. Thanks for the fun.

Lieutenant
Dec 18, 2012
I like Wu Tang, ok it is a crown companion but:

1. it is not loudy as El Toro
2. i love that waaaa tata tatatataaaa sound lol
3. it heals and increase accuracy!
4. it doesn't need a LONG questline for promotions like the correspective crane of musketeers .
5. it has double relentless, riposte and flanking (well mine learnt them).

Ensign
Feb 03, 2013
crazy monkey

what would be so FUNNY and much fun was every once in a while during one of the multi companion discussions one of your crazy monkeys spoke up either with something that makes no since or completely off subject.

Bonnie: you know captain capt spike is a tough fight. make sure to burn him down fast.

crazy monkey: I like banana splits with extra bananas!!!

Ratbeard: yes captain and look out for his ability to repel boarders...uh wait what!?!?!

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
I like Iago he has great damage and he is just pure awesome

Ensign
Nov 17, 2009
Froggo Villa has been my first mate since I got him (and I definitely did not buy him, so once upon a time I must have earned him). He has been a strong player until I got near level 50, and now he seems to get blocked a lot. I kept leveling him up until I found out he couldn't be improved. I probably even had a crush on him until I finally heard him speak not too long ago (sounds like Cheech Marin), because I don't ever have the sound on.

Petty Officer
Dec 09, 2012
Either Fin Dorsal or Monkey King, only ones I know, but Fin is pretty good.

Ensign
Apr 06, 2009
Oooh mine would be Bones Mcgee cause he looks cool after his second promotion. And maybe Lefty too since he's not at all bad during combat.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
My favorite non-talking companion is the ninja pig that you get from the Marco Pollo's map promotion. He has such good dodge and attack but he missed about 40% of the time. He would look so cool if he got another promotion that gave him platinum or diamond armor.

Ensign
Jul 11, 2012
My favorite silent type companion. My favorite would have to be Frogfathers grandson or son (i forgot which he is) he is an awsome musketeer

Ensign
Jan 29, 2010
I have to agree with most! I like my cat from boochbeard package(are there going to be anymore limited time only companions coming?), and ridolfo both could have a bigger story line in next worlds would be great!Also I bought oingo boingo but you cant type his name in chat??? and when does he or fin dorsal promote?

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I pretty much enjoy all my companions, but of the quiet ones my favorite would be Mustang Sally (she has such style! And a beautiful gown and hair ornaments), followed by Shiruku Neko. For my Privateer character I particularly like Canary Jane, and Nanu Nanu is also high on the 'cute and effective' scale.
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I like Marquis he is actually useful for me.

Petty Officer
Jun 06, 2009
My favorite is my ninja pig he has so much damage and dodge. On a side note his name used to be Bun Yu now it's Red Walker does anyone know why it changed? I saw it on another thread but I can't find it.