Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Can't Use "Contact Us" to Report a Glitch

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 02, 2013
When I try to use the "Contact Us" (contact user support) form it hangs up because I have no place in the form to enter my email address, nor any place to select the applicable "Product", yet when I hit "Submit" I get an error message saying I need to enter that information. This is a classic "Catch 22". I can't report the glitch because the glitch is in the form I have to use to report a glitch.

Is anyone listening?

WhiteBeard500.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I've had this same problem when I try to use a browser other than Internet Explorer to report problems. So far, Internet Explorer works fine.

I don't like this state of affairs (I would prefer Firefox or Chrome) but this is a work around. And, if you use it only for reporting Pirate101 or Wizard101 problems, there is not as much chance as having a problem with Viruses or other hacking issues.

Administrator
I'll see if I can find out what might be happening here.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 27, 2008
I always use Google Chrome, and never have had a problem with contacting Support with Pirate or Wizard. Contacting Support through the orange Help question mark at the top of the screen works. Using the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page takes me to a hyperlink of the Pirates101 Support address. Clicking on the address opens my Email program to write an email like I would with anyone else.

Administrator
I've discussed this with the head of our Web Services and he notes there were a few things you could try to help remedy this situation:

1) Third-party cookies are necessary for our support system (since it is on a third-party), so make sure they are allowed to be used. Please note, the "Contact Us" form is shown inside of an "iframe" and is coming from a third-party site (e.g. not from www.pirate101.com). If you are blocking third-party things (cookies, scripts, content, etc.) it likely won’t work.
2) Use the latest version of Chrome.
3) Launch Chrome "normally" without extra extensions and/or command-line options.
4) Send us a screen shot to community@pirate101.com of what you are seeing.

In general more information is needed to help track down the issue!

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Enabling third party cookies worked. Thank you.