Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Blades Of Shade - No Talent Bonus

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
Hey Kingsisle,

I just finish farming for the Blades of Shades and YAY! I got them :)

One Problem though, these are very unique blades and are a virtually impeccable weapon choice for high ranking swashbucklers. However, It will not add any of my damage bonuses. Its Slashy/Stabby.

Therefore I am supposed to get +20 From Stabby and + 8 from my Slashy talents.

Pleaseeee tell me this a bug and when will it be fixed?

AngelX

Administrator
Thanks for your report. We'll take a look at it to see if it's a bug or not.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
May 10, 2010
Xiriganism on Jun 3, 2013 wrote:
Hey Kingsisle,

I just finish farming for the Blades of Shades and YAY! I got them :)

One Problem though, these are very unique blades and are a virtually impeccable weapon choice for high ranking swashbucklers. However, It will not add any of my damage bonuses. Its Slashy/Stabby.

Therefore I am supposed to get +20 From Stabby and + 8 from my Slashy talents.

Pleaseeee tell me this a bug and when will it be fixed?

AngelX
Farmed where and what level of weapon is it?

Ensign
May 09, 2009
I got this weapon on my first try didn't even know it was there. really cool blade thou and it was the kind of weapon I was looking for in aquila

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Darth JT on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
Farmed where and what level of weapon is it?
They come from Cadmus who is a boss you have to beat in Illios during the Magnificent 7 promo quest. His cave is to the right of the Cyclops called "Cave of Ruins" when first come through the gates from the docks.

Here is a thread (I just posted the map of him) and here's another thread that states the cool effect they have.

~SM~

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
Jack I have a question about them that was posted on one of the threads I just linked in my previous reply.

It says it does 160-266 Magical damage. Is this supposed to be? Most Slashy/Stabby weapons I know of do Physical. THOUGH with these being Shades of Blade and where they come from I can truly see them doing Magical damage.

Just thought I would ask since you are looking into the bonuses not showing up anyway.

~SM~

Administrator
SorceressMiklai on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Jack I have a question about them that was posted on one of the threads I just linked in my previous reply.

It says it does 160-266 Magical damage. Is this supposed to be? Most Slashy/Stabby weapons I know of do Physical. THOUGH with these being Shades of Blade and where they come from I can truly see them doing Magical damage.

Just thought I would ask since you are looking into the bonuses not showing up anyway.

~SM~
Yes, they should be doing magical damage and you are correct in assuming that is part of the issue. We identified that issue a few days ago. We're working on it, but it might be awhile before a fix is in place, however.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*