Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The next skyway...

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
Hi everyone!

I've been thinking a lot about what the next world for our pirates to explore will be, mainly because it seems like we'll be getting a new update pretty soon. So here goes.

First of all, at the end of Aquila we get some strong hints that we'll be returning to Valencia (a.k.a. the letter from the Toymaker)

Also, Blind Mew posted somewhere that the name of the next skyway begins with a C.

At the end of Valencia (the first time) we are told that a sky way called Cadiz is the seat of Kane's power.

Cadiz starts with a C.

Could it be that Cadiz, the seat of the Armada's power is our next destination???

That would mean some pretty amazing fights with the rest of the Armada Elite.

*Keep in mind that I might be wrong, but....

Please post your thoughts; I really want to hear what everyone else thinks.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Hmm. We know we are going to Valencia soon, but getting there will be tricky. Perhaps we need to go somewhere else first, perhaps a new world?, to figure out how to get to Valencia in one piece, and perhaps solve a few puzzles on the way? So my guess (right now anyway) for the name of the next skyway:

Cairo

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:
Hmm. We know we are going to Valencia soon, but getting there will be tricky. Perhaps we need to go somewhere else first, perhaps a new world?, to figure out how to get to Valencia in one piece, and perhaps solve a few puzzles on the way? So my guess (right now anyway) for the name of the next skyway:

Cairo

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Oooh Cairo I really like how you think. That will enable the game to have Krokotopia elements without having to go there. Excellent.

Oh yea, Welcome to the message board family Lord Of Winter 35. With the way you think things through so well you will fit right in. We love to help other pirates, get really creative, and most of all bring joy and blessings into each other's lives. You fit right in.

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Anne Radcliffe on Oct 21, 2013 wrote:

Cairo

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe
Cairo... so do you think we'll be going to Krokotopia next? That'd be an interesting idea, but I'm not so much into the idea that we'll be going to yet another deserty place (Monquista was hot enough, and then Cool Ranch was insufferable. ), and I kind of had my fingers crossed that we would be going to Grizzleheim. It is truly my favorite place in the entire Spiral, and I think it would be fantastic if we could go to a world so green!

~Elizabeth, level 62 ~

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
Fantastic detective work Lord Of Winter 35 and Virtuous Ann Radcliffe! I would love to see any of these worlds (partly because I'm over exited to continue in the game ) and hope they do come out with them in the next update or future ones.

~Ruthless Alura Bristol level 65

Ensign
Jun 18, 2013
Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
Hmmm... Krokotopia. That's a really good idea, Nowow that you mention it, Krokotopia seems pretty plausible too; I didn't even think about that being the next world!

Another thought struck me not too long ago though. If I'm right about Valencia being our next new destination (we'll probably have to do something similar to the transition between mooshu and Marleybone first), then I think the war with Marleybone is going to pop up again, in a pretty substantial way. Especially now that our pirate has meddled in the war effort. I don't think that the Armada invasion of Marleybone was a one way thing- Valencia is probably having some troubles on their home front as well. It would make sense for the writers to bring up the issue again while it's still fresh in our minds. After all, we're still far from atoning for starting the war (although I'm sure Ares will find other other reasons to like us in the future). When we eventually return to Valencia, the war with Marleybone will come up again, that much I'm sure of. The question is when.

It's also about time that our pirate gets to learn what the Armada's "Grand Design" is. What do mechanical birds, celestial computations, and golden wheels from the ruins of Skull Island have to do with each other? I for one, want to know!

Thanks for all your comments!

Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
Just Add Bacon on Oct 22, 2013 wrote:
Cairo... so do you think we'll be going to Krokotopia next? That'd be an interesting idea, but I'm not so much into the idea that we'll be going to yet another deserty place (Monquista was hot enough, and then Cool Ranch was insufferable. ), and I kind of had my fingers crossed that we would be going to Grizzleheim. It is truly my favorite place in the entire Spiral, and I think it would be fantastic if we could go to a world so green!

~Elizabeth, level 62 ~
Why the heck do people hate Cool Ranch so much? I find it pulchritudinous. (Beautiful, for those who didn't know.) I honestly think we're going back to Valencia. (Great. More spaghetti, pizza, and stuff.) I HATE Valencia, if you want my honesty. Besides the armada inhabiting it, and such, I just don't like it. I hate the non-dessert food there, in fact, I'd starve to death there if I couldn't cook decently too...

Ciao!

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Highlander Fox of ... on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
Why the heck do people hate Cool Ranch so much? I find it pulchritudinous. (Beautiful, for those who didn't know.) I honestly think we're going back to Valencia. (Great. More spaghetti, pizza, and stuff.) I HATE Valencia, if you want my honesty. Besides the armada inhabiting it, and such, I just don't like it. I hate the non-dessert food there, in fact, I'd starve to death there if I couldn't cook decently too...

Ciao!
I don't exactly hate Cool Ranch... but it did come off that way... sorry, I meant no harm.

One of the reasons why I dislike Cool Ranch so much is because I already live in a place where it's unbearably hot and muggy and it just got cooler for the first time in ages, but if you stand outside for ten minutes, you will likely begin to sweat. I play games like these to kind of escape the reality of my own world (I have nothing against my own world, but it's nice to experience something that I never would otherwise), and Cool Ranch is just a little too much like the place where I live, a place that I would leave if I could.

With this mindset, Cool Ranch is the place where we spend the most time in the game. I'm already itching to get out of there (though your right, it is beautiful, and I like it more than Monquista because I understand and relate to some of the people that live in Cool Ranch), and then we discover that we have to spend a good twenty levels in this place? I understand they could be trying to make up for poor little Valencia, but I loved Valencia and wanted to experience more worlds like this one, and it seems like CR and VL are so opposite. VL has history, and it's a main part of the game that is extremely important. It has an older, wiser feel about it, and it's so civilized (even though some of the people there are a little pompous, I have to admit...), so developed. I'm not saying that Cool Ranch is underdeveloped, but the Wild West's society can not admit to being around for as long of a time as many European countries are.

Final reason: *sighs* I get kind of panicky when I'm not near water. I don't know why, I guess because I've lived near the coast for as long as I can remember. When I'm not near water, I feel kind of stranded, or like I may need to really think about rationing what water I do have (gee, I feel stuck-up saying that). It's not a good feeling, and to be in a deserty place like Monquista, then shortly go to another deserty place like Cool Ranch? Just a little bit much for me.

So I do have my own personal reasons, reasons that I feel are adequate (just think, some people don't have any reasons at all), and my feelings do not go without purpose. I do not mean to say that I hate your favorite world, nor do I hate your favorite world, and I apologize for coming across this way. I hope this explanation helps to clarify and interpret my view of one of the most important and amazing worlds of the game, Cool Ranch.

Ensign
Oct 10, 2009

Ciao!
Really? Have you tried the tiramisu there? Birgus Latro says it's the only reason he ever goes back! I love the Steampunk artwork there and in Marleybone. Cool Ranch does get a bad rap, but it is a very long and spacious world, with many a wild goose chase. I also prefer the Renaissance era to the Old West. Oh well, the tiramisu's all gone.
See you in the Skyways!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009

Ciao!
Wonderful word usage. I love it.