Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Game breaking bug! Please help!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 03, 2009
For unknown reasons, my pirate 101 is beyond broken. Whenever i log on, everything is shifted to the top right and more than half of everything does not show. It may not sound too bad but trust me, i can't even look at the screen. Any advice? (I am terribly sorry but i can not provide pictures)

Administrator
Sounds terrible! Try running your game in different resolutions for me. You can do this by selecting "Settings" from the Game Launcher before you run Pirate101.

Let me know which resolution is (or if all of them are) having a problem.

If the problem persists, you'll want to contact support@pirate101.com and let them know the situation. They will most likely ask you for a dxdiag file, so it might be best to send that to them when you contact them.

1. Go to your Start menu.
2. Go to 'Run' (or 'Start Search' if you're running Vista).
3. In this window, type "dxdiag" (without quotes).
4. You may be asked a question about 'WHQL Certification', click No or Cancel if presented with this option.
5. This will run the DirectX Diagnostic Tool. It could take a few minutes to complete, watch for the progress bar in the lower left hand corner or status.
6. When complete, click the Save All Information button.
7. This will bring up a file requester, click 'Save'.
8. You will have saved a file called Dxdiag.txt to your desktop.
9. Attach that file to an email to support@pirate101.com.

Thanks and hope to see you back in the skyways soon!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Sep 03, 2009
Thx Jack! Turned out i was just on the wrong resolution, I owe you one.

Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
The Onyx Rose on Mar 23, 2014 wrote:
Thx Jack! Turned out i was just on the wrong resolution, I owe you one.
I'll write that FAVOR down for you, Jack.