Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

So, What Do YOU Think Is Kane's Weakness

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
As revealed at the end of the Aquila book, there is one out there who does (MIGHT) know how to defeat Kane, and well I was thinking, what would you think that weakness would be?

I for one think we have to build a machine even stronger than Kane to take him out. In the puppet show at the beginning of the game Avery stated that Kane was stronger, faster, and smarter than any *living* being.

HMM

Ensign
Aug 10, 2011
Now this really has me thinking here. I'm not exactly sure why I never thought about my theories on this before... I agree though, perhaps we will end up with a machine that will take out Kane. Remember, in history, the armada were all destroyed... maybe that turns over into this game, but how the blazes are we going to destroy thousands of clockworks and the guy who runs the show (Kane)...
One powerful machine?
Ha, reminds me how in Mooshu, El Toro felt he could take on a ton of ninja pigs at once, but the thought of taking on a single one gets him nervous... same case for the clockworks, in my opinion... Wait, where was I going with this?
Well yes I agree,
One powerful machine has to do the trick.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Dead Eye Luke on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:
As revealed at the end of the Aquila book, there is one out there who does (MIGHT) know how to defeat Kane, and well I was thinking, what would you think that weakness would be?

I for one think we have to build a machine even stronger than Kane to take him out. In the puppet show at the beginning of the game Avery stated that Kane was stronger, faster, and smarter than any *living* being.

HMM
If you did the side quest in Marleybone from Mr. Smiley ( Admiralty building, standing next to Mycroft Bones ) You find out that there is a weakness in Valencian steel. If the Elite clockworks are made with Valencian steel, then this might be Kane's weakness.

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Or it could be that the player pirate IS faster than Kane, but he just doesn't know it yet. Or it could be Moo Manchu teams up with us and makes us a non-nefarious version of his Elixir of Power to combat Kane. Or........maybe the ghosts of our parents come to stop him, because they love the player pirate as their son/daughter. And if there's ONE thing Kane doesn't have.......it's EMOTIONS. The parents of the player pirate could take him out because they love you and don't want anything to happen to you.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
That certainly is an interesting idea, Dead Eye Luke. But a machine built to take him out would not only have to be more powerful than Kane, but also yet smarter and faster... and with such high intellect, we might end at the very same problem we started out with.

Kane's weakness, I think, is not a mechanical one, but rather in his personality -- his arrogance. His Elites, based on himself, show copious amounts of arrogance, and both in Deacon & Rooke, this trait led to their permanent downfall. However, in Kane, from the hints we have been given, his arrogance is tempered by his superior intellect, even wisdom. Deacon wants to prove wrong his commander's thinking that you, the pitiful youngster that you are, are a threat to the Grand Design. And eventually you realize that from day 1 of your adventures as a pirate (and somewhat before), Kane had his eye on taking you out or rigorously questioning you. Or both. The old adage of destroying the lion cub before it becomes a lion seems to fit here. However, Kane has a lot on his plate, and capturing/killing you was evidently not a high priority -- at least until we seriously turned the tide of the war in Marleybone.

With a hiatus in Aquila, a world deeply absorbed in its own affairs and conflicts, we have yet to see how Kane is going to react. I suspect, given what we have seen of the personalities of the Elites so far, is that he will be furious. But will he be furious enough to make a mistake, or temper it into his tactics?

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Dead Eye Luke on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:

HMM
His weakness is: My sword (Hits kane in the face with my sword and his head flys all the way to burmuda and sinks into the ocean) There! Problem solved! lol

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Humans have the ability to go above and beyond their original programming Kane does not.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
The Queen! Once the King has lost all his pieces, he is defenceless! Check Mate Mateys!

Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2013
It could be easier than we think! Now that we're going back to Valencia, I assume we'll be having some business in that very factory which dwells in the midst of Valencia. First, we'll deactivate all the gears to stop it from increasing the amounts of clockworks. Then, in the following chapters, we'll take out the rest of of the Armada and put an end to the existence of those machines. Now that Kane is defenseless, he'll be all ours!

Ensign
Nov 02, 2014
Noble Tyler Strong on Oct 27, 2014 wrote:
The Queen! Once the King has lost all his pieces, he is defenceless! Check Mate Mateys!
Har har har!

To be honest, I believe it's his body.
He's a machine, and machine's break down, do they not?
We would need to tamper with whatever keeps him ticking.
His source, if you will.

Commodore
Jan 17, 2013
Maybe his weakness is garlic, like vampires! Lol, or maybe... blue cheese?

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Yadielle the Pirat... on Nov 3, 2014 wrote:
Har har har!

To be honest, I believe it's his body.
He's a machine, and machine's break down, do they not?
We would need to tamper with whatever keeps him ticking.
His source, if you will.
Yes but the Queen is strongest piece you need to defeat before taking on the King, if ye can't beat the Queen, then the King can take out all of your pieces. For all we know Kane may not have a break down function, we don't really know that much about The Armada.