Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Questing Time?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 16, 2011
Ahoy all you piratey pirates!

I was just chatting with my companions, Ratbeard, Anne and Toro, (Fan was out on a date last night so she was sleeping in ).

We all got talking about missing the smell of salty sea air in our hair and the excitement of discovering and exploring new land!!
Right about then Catbeard arrived and he said he's fed up with landlubber legs and mumbled something about Moo's tower being stuffy in there. "Right" said Toro, "I keep promising I'm never going back there".

I've loved our new pet update, the tower ... well it's a tower, but I have longed to explore new land, do new quests and well ... more story to sink my somewhat missing teeth into. It's been one and a half years now since we got those wonderful worlds Marleybone and Aquila (which I adored).

Just wondering if anyone else out there feels like me?

Captain
Oct 16, 2012
Ozzie Mozzie on Nov 10, 2014 wrote:

I was just chatting with my companions, Ratbeard, Anne and Toro, (Fan was out on a date last night so she was sleeping in ).

We all got talking about missing the smell of salty sea air in our hair and the excitement of discovering and exploring new land!!
Right about then Catbeard arrived and he said he's fed up with landlubber legs and mumbled something about Moo's tower being stuffy in there. "Right" said Toro, "I keep promising I'm never going back there".

I've loved our new pet update, the tower ... well it's a tower, but I have longed to explore new land, do new quests and well ... more story to sink my somewhat missing teeth into. It's been one and a half years now since we got those wonderful worlds Marleybone and Aquila (which I adored).

Hey Ozzie! I've done all my side quests already. However, to me, the game up until that point NEVER feels complete unless you do EVERY, and I mean EVERY side quest possible, get all the side companions, and going for boss loot! So yeah, I do feel like you when new updates are released!

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I wonder if the hull of our ships will ever taste the ocean surface...

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009

Indeed Ossie Mossie its been a while since Aquila.

Truth is we have had some wonderful updates fixing problems, making the game play much better. Ive Played Pirate101 since beta I never realized how clumsy some of the problems where till they fixed it.We also got a lovely pet/companion update and a fun tower that has brought us pirates together searching for hybrids and farming for epic equipment. I'm sure Moo Manchoo wont want to mess with us again(or hate us forever) after the constant beating we have given him.

The fact of the matter is It has been a long while for a significant story update. I know my and I crew would love to go on an exciting pirating adventure especially Catbeard, I have him pet duty cleaning up after my 100+ pets."yar me tired of swabbing the poop deck"

Gunner's Mate
Nov 14, 2013

Yep your not alone I feel the same way

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
Ozzie Mozzie you are not standing alone. We all have our close groups of friends and are use to seeing them everyday to enjoy fun filled hours or even brief moments even if it is just to say hello. But for many months I have witnessed my list go from full to a ghost town.

Sure we get a new pet, everyone comes back for a few days, then it's is empty again. It's very discouraging to watch all the of excitement just vanish.

Speaking with my circles of friends, we keep hearing the same thing, when will something new come out, when are we going to be able to quest again? Frog Fathers letter might have put some glimmer of hope into the long lost pirates out there, but I am hoping we will see something on the horizon soon, before that glimmer of hope gets dampened and we continue to see more loyal pirates jump ship.

The updates that we have had have been mentioned already in previous post, so I will refrain from going into those and just say we are all thankful at this point for anything that is thrown at us.

Playing Pirate101 since Beta has been wonderful. I have enjoyed every minute of learning the game. I do have max pirates, and just keep wondering why I log in everyday now. In the long periods that we had before Marleybone and Aquila came out I took a long hiatus from the game out of shear boredom, was not sure what I was paying for. It has reached that point once again.

Seems as though many changes have taken place, and are just now getting caught up and getting back on their feet to improve the game. I do understand it all takes time, it's a hard job to please everyone.

I can't wait to see what they have in store for us in the future, I'm sure they have been working hard to make the next large expansion worth all of the wait, but I do hope in the future they take some of our concerns about updates and time frames into consideration. Or try to keep us updated more often instead of having us wonder and get discouraged with the progress.

Enthusiastic for Test

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
You are DEFINITELY not alone. My swashbuckler is itching for some new adventure with Samocles!

Ensign
May 16, 2011
While me and my crew were chatting, Catbeard brought up another point. Boy oh boy! that Catbeard is a deep thinking character, who would have thought?
Well Catbeard said that since we have waited this long to find a new world he's a bit scared that we might have to wait just as long or longer for another one. Catbeard said that he will probably be getting near his ninth life by then. Lololol he's such a funny one.

Toro reckons we should hire Marco Polo and go exploring ourselves to see if we can find our own world. I told Toro that we might be in peril if we do that. I'm not at all sure my Aquilan craft is up for it.

Anne is calling me a scaredy cat. :P

Is my crew getting ants in their pants? I personally think they might be drinking too much yum.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

Hiya Sharon, & G'day to ya!

I truly understand your anticipation & anxious exuberance for wanting, dare I say needing, to press on with our piratical adventures. I would believe that the vast majority of players, or at least those with multiple max level pirates, would feel just as you do. It can be difficult to come to a bit of a halt when you are so engrossed in a really good game. You throw yourself into the story this amazing game has to offer, indulge your imagination by becoming acquainted with a wonderful cast of crew members & NPC's & desperately wish to see what is over the next horizon. Yes, waiting for the new content can start a bit of a mutiny a brewin'.

I'm in a bit of a different boat altogether, as I have been playing for about a year & a half & still only have 1 max level pirate, w/ all other pirates below level 9. It's been tough to find time to get to the point in which I am at, so I haven't been affected by the having to wait for new worlds & content aspect...I have sooooo much catching up to do. But I truly understand the frustrations of those players that have had all pirates maxed for months, farmed till Moo Manchu came home & Ninja Pigs flew, run the Tower as much as they can handle for now & done all that the game currently has to offer.

However, I do believe these long delays are more than necessary to give us players a game rich in detail & as epically perfect as possible. From the 1st day I started playing, to what the game has to offer at this very moment, it has far surpassed my hopes & expectations for what a supposed kids game has to offer. Yes, this game is also for adults but the marketing & target group seems to be for younger generations. For such a game, I am blown away by KI developers' attention to detail & desire to make the game as enriching as piratically possible. Yes, we have been twiddling our thumbs a bit, but in the meantime, KI has added so much depth to the game & overhauled the gaming systems in such a way that our gaming experience has been improved exponentially...& delightfully for that matter.

I think if KI blazed ahead with the new worlds without making efforts to improve the game & give the players a complete & astonishing gaming experience-- well for one it would be difficult to recruit new players to the game & secondly we would fly through the game at too quick a pace & the 'magic' that makes this game keep from fizzling, would not be there in such a grand fashion. I have played a great many games in which you just keep barreling forward & by the time you get to the end, it just doesn't make much sense or seems to....well, BLAH.

I think & I believe that the reasons for the long waits are because KI is continuing to strive towards giving us the best gaming experience possible. They are making sure to get it right so they can be there....over this horizon & the next.

Still, I surely can't wait for my crew to get back to kickin' new tail....& stinger, & feather, & beak, & hoof and....

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
I would yar this post a hundred times if I could. Pirate101, Give us the update already!!!!!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
Noble Tyler Strong on Nov 10, 2014 wrote:
I wonder if the hull of our ships will ever taste the ocean surface...
"Hmm...the ocean tastes like chicken...."

Commodore
May 31, 2009
The fact that this story update is taking so long is actually a good thing. It means bugs are being fixed before players encounter them and become discouraged, and that the developers at KI are bringing the update to its fullest potential. Maybe I'm more patient because I have only recently maxed my main pirate, and I know that creating something like this takes a lot of time. Think about it: the developers have to create and program enemies and NPC's, record dialogue for them, draw and create the worlds we're running through, create new clothing styles for the pirates and program the stats for those, and probably much more that I don't know about.

You all say there isn't anything left to do, but I disagree. The Tower of Moo Manchu, while time-consuming and a massive challenge, is a dungeon to keep us busy and give us new, better gear for when the updates come and the story of Pirate101 continues. Advanced pets gives us a chance to receive pets with powers that are helpful in battle, or even give us powers. With Pirate101's unpredictable hybrid morphing system there is a great feeling of accomplishment when you finally get the pet you were seeking. Farming for boss gear is also a great way to pass time. It takes a while unless you get lucky, but getting those unique items is great fun, especially when you farm with friends so you can all get that item. Recently, I teleported to a friend in the Wreck of the Victory, and we received Rooke's Axe!

Last of all, Pirate101 isn't all about just defeating enemies and leveling up. I log on every day to chat with my friends, who are all eagerly and patiently awaiting the story updates. Sometimes we just chat, sometimes we farm, other times we morph, we might fight mobs to get the combat badges, or even run the Tower of Moo. All of these game experiences are even more fun when shared with friends.

Yes, I am waiting with barely concealed excitement for the updates, but I can wait a little longer. Patience, young dragonflies!

Petty Officer
Jun 12, 2011
While me and my crew were chatting, Catbeard brought up another point. Boy oh boy! that Catbeard is a deep thinking character, who would have thought?
Well Catbeard said that since we have waited this long to find a new world he's a bit scared that we might have to wait just as long or longer for another one. Catbeard said that he will probably be getting near his ninth life by then. Lololol he's such a funny one.

Toro reckons we should hire Marco Polo and go exploring ourselves to see if we can find our own world. I told Toro that we might be in peril if we do that. I'm not at all sure my Aquilan craft is up for it.

Is my crew getting ants in their pants? I personally think they might be drinking too much yum.
Ozzie Mozzie, you would be correct in wondering what will the long range forecast for the game be. I know myself and many others have stood around in the tent discussing the same topic.

I know for myself, I would hate to see another long stretch with out any game progression. I would love to hear from the folks at KI as to what the forecast for the game is from here on out. Keeping us guessing and allowing it's loyal Pirate101 players to assume the worst is not great business practice.

I know they must expect for players to keep going back and forth between the two KI games, but there are loyal players for both sides, and this should not be expected. Pirates should be able to stand alone at this point in time with out having players switch back and forth during down time.

Pull up a stool with your companions and enjoy a some yum, hopefully they will be out riding the skyways again soon

Ensign
May 16, 2011
I'm happy to see the responses so far. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that is what keeps making the world/spiral go round.

I love Wicked Savannah's posts. She has made some good points for consideration imo.

I understand that it takes time creating and finishing extra content but simply wanted to point out that waiting one and a half years for a new world to be created is a little beyond my comprehension. I certainly don't profess to be knowledgeable about such matters but I do feel that a little more input from our wonderful developers would be kindly appreciated.

I love questing and THAT is what attracted me to KI games in the first place. Yes it's nice to have the added bells and whistles too but primarily it's been the questing aspect that has kept the majority amused.

KI have been introducing more and more towers lately to which I'm not totally adverse however, they should only be sidelines and not the main attraction. The towers themselves seem to be getting longer and that is what I AM adverse to. Please Pirate101 don't go down that road too!

I'm very much looking forward to our next adventure on the high seas!

May the wind be at our backs especially our creators

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
Aye the waiting the waiting but hang in there crew patience is a virtue (yeah right)
Moo is getting tired of seeing me my poor ship hasn't seen a good fleet action in a while now. Pets I love pets yes that is keeping me entertained cant wait to find new hybrids love to do the morphing mash.

I don't want the new worlds to be rushed (yes I do rush rush) because that way they will be ready and not all glitchy. We can wait (no !!!) so that the new worlds will truly be a enjoyable experience

My friend list is still full but I never seem to see anyone on line anymore are they jumping ship?(hope not there's no water below us just clouds hope they can fly) Or perhaps just waiting for the next book which I hope.

BUT overall Yes I want to get back to questing ahh questing the joy of moving forward and gaining new levels and powers such a delight.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ozzie Mozzie on Nov 11, 2014 wrote:
I'm happy to see the responses so far. Everyone is entitled to an opinion and that is what keeps making the world/spiral go round.

I love Wicked Savannah's posts. She has made some good points for consideration imo.

I understand that it takes time creating and finishing extra content but simply wanted to point out that waiting one and a half years for a new world to be created is a little beyond my comprehension. I certainly don't profess to be knowledgeable about such matters but I do feel that a little more input from our wonderful developers would be kindly appreciated.

I love questing and THAT is what attracted me to KI games in the first place. Yes it's nice to have the added bells and whistles too but primarily it's been the questing aspect that has kept the majority amused.

KI have been introducing more and more towers lately to which I'm not totally adverse however, they should only be sidelines and not the main attraction. The towers themselves seem to be getting longer and that is what I AM adverse to. Please Pirate101 don't go down that road too!

I'm very much looking forward to our next adventure on the high seas!

May the wind be at our backs especially our creators
If you have trouble understanding the delay, then I suggest you read Blind Mew's post: Where's Book 15?
Now we've been getting teasing hints from Vadima and the FrogFather, it is certain that new content is coming very soon!

Petty Officer
Dec 05, 2009

I really don't know how things work at KI I wish they gave us some more understand of what it takes to make a new part of the game come to life. I'm not too worried about future timelines. This year they have squished alot of bugs in the game. Currently the game plays better than ever so I am guessing there will be less time spent squishing bugs and more time for them to work on content. I think i might be one of the few feeling optimistic about future story content.