Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The Secret of El Dorado! (And how to get there)

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
So I know how to get to El Dorado. Why don't we just track down The Professor and make him take us to it in the B.O.X.? Also we could just go back and stop the armada from being made(And then go into a It's a Wonderful Life and see what would happen if the armada never rose to power). Now I hear you saying:

"But Purple But Purple! El Dorado probably has some sort of magic preventing that."

To that I say NAY GOOD SIRS! We simply meet our mother and her crew and go with them the first time! Bam solved now what do you pirates think of this?

Kai Sawkins level 57
STAY GOLD!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
The horrible complexities of time travel:
"Hullo, Mum, I'm here to save your life!"
"Who is this crazy pirate? My child is but a wee babe in diapers!" ( BLAM! or SLASH! ) You die in the past. The Armada prevails.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Continued from previous post:
I don't believe the Professor would be willing to help us disrupt the correct flow of the time line, Now the Maestro, on the other hand, would gladly assist you in messing it up. But considering what a shambles he made in his bid to change history in the BOXES event, could you really trust him?
And if we were successful in preventing the rise of the Armada, remember their original purpose - to stop Napoleguin from conquering the Spiral. Who's to say that Napoleguin would be any better than the Armada? And if He discovered the secret of El Dorado, what then?
Simply join our mother's crew? Considering it was probably a secret undertaking to begin with, don't you think Marco Pollo and the rest would be a bit suspicious of a pirate that seems to know so much about their business?
"Powers sleep in El Dorado that must not be awakened." Would we be any more successful than the original explorers?

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
the purple captian on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
So I know how to get to El Dorado. Why don't we just track down The Professor and make him take us to it in the B.O.X.? Also we could just go back and stop the armada from being made(And then go into a It's a Wonderful Life and see what would happen if the armada never rose to power). Now I hear you saying:

"But Purple But Purple! El Dorado probably has some sort of magic preventing that."

To that I say NAY GOOD SIRS! We simply meet our mother and her crew and go with them the first time! Bam solved now what do you pirates think of this?

Kai Sawkins level 57
STAY GOLD!
Sorry Neil/Kai.There's certainly a problem there.

What if our mom and dad hated each other before El Dorado.Then,they learned to love each other either because they survived such a terrible adventure,or because she actually made it out alive.

So..what if their son/daughter comes to the two haters and tells them they'll have a child?That'll make them even less willing to become your mom and dad!Poof!You cease to exist!

Just one of many scenarios that can happen...

Ensign
Jan 29, 2014
anecorbie on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
"Who is this crazy pirate? My child is but a wee babe in diapers!" ( BLAM! or SLASH! ) You die in the past. The Armada prevails.
i would like to know that even though i'm not at that lvl yet...

plz friend me!

fearful cassandra lvl 15

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Wouldn't that just create a time anomaly though? If you go back to the past and the future self gets kaboowied and the younger self still lived wouldn't that mean that technically the story would go on the same way? Except that a time anomaly occurs when you were young? :x

Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
if we prevent the armada from being made the polarian war effects could be drastic

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Noble Tyler Strong on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
Wouldn't that just create a time anomaly though? If you go back to the past and the future self gets kaboowied and the younger self still lived wouldn't that mean that technically the story would go on the same way? Except that a time anomaly occurs when you were young? :x
It would be a vicious cycle, repeating itself over and over.......

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
loserurs on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
i would like to know that even though i'm not at that lvl yet...

plz friend me!

fearful cassandra lvl 15
Sure...I'll be available for meetups all throughout January!So,whenever you want,just book an appointment.Lol,just kidding about that.But no seriously,January is the time I'm more guaranteed to respond to friend requests and get in-game for longer than 30 minutes.

Lieutenant
Jun 09, 2013
And if you touched your younger self, it would create a paradox!
(according to Professor-- I mean Doctor Who)

Commodore
May 31, 2009
It would be a vicious cycle, repeating itself over and over.......
......and this is why we don't mess with time travel.

Ensign
Jun 13, 2014

Kai Sawkins level 57
STAY GOLD!
Considering that the Professor is based off The Doctor, he would never do that.

The 4th Doctor had the chance to stop the creation of the Daleks and asked the question should anyone have that power. And of course, he didn't.

Ensign
Dec 10, 2012

Kai Sawkins level 57
STAY GOLD!
wow mind blown lv65

Ensign
Dec 10, 2012
Jack Harkness on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
Considering that the Professor is based off The Doctor, he would never do that.

The 4th Doctor had the chance to stop the creation of the Daleks and asked the question should anyone have that power. And of course, he didn't.
well yeah your right there kind of the same person if you think about it

Petty Officer
Apr 15, 2010
The Hoodoo Master on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
Sorry Neil/Kai.There's certainly a problem there.

What if our mom and dad hated each other before El Dorado.Then,they learned to love each other either because they survived such a terrible adventure,or because she actually made it out alive.

So..what if their son/daughter comes to the two haters and tells them they'll have a child?That'll make them even less willing to become your mom and dad!Poof!You cease to exist!

Just one of many scenarios that can happen...
Assuming we go up to our parents and tell them that we are their child, and even if that didn't work why not sneak into Marco Pollo's house and see him make the map before it it ever used. Then we could make a copy for ourselves or just steal it.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
Paradoxes after paradoxes, conundrums after conundrums! We don't need that!

HYPOTHESIS:
The creators of El Dorado used their special sorcery to build a large wall around El Dorado. It is invisible and purple. The "key" to El Dorado is the flaw in that wall-You can disable it if you really try.

Exeter: This has gone from a hypothesis to a Care Bears knock-off. Nonsense!

Nonsense to you! Once you try, a windstorm from inside El Dorado disables the wall, opening your way into the holy city.

El Toro: That sounds too easy to be possible. They might have defenses inside the city that only EL TORO *El Toro music* can conquer!

Meh.

Petty Officer
Sep 19, 2013
As a general rule, the only time you should use time travel is when everything is completely screwed up and there's no possible way that you can make it any worse. Time travel has a tendency to come with unintended consequences, and it's possible that you yourself end up inadvertently creating the threat you traveled back to stop. As it is, there's still a decent chance to stop the Armada, so there's definitely no reason to use time travel quite yet. If Kane awakens those mysterious powers in El Dorado and accidentally (or on purpose) nukes the Spiral, then by all means hop right into the telegraph box. As it goes, we should stay the Tartarus away from time travel for now.

Captain
May 16, 2011
.................................. Nope. Nope. Definitely nope.

First of all, it hasn't been said when they found El Dorado or where they set sail from. It would be very difficult to find them.

And perhaps, maybe because you went back in time to El Dorado with your parents, the wealth is known and fought over, resulting in the war that created the Armada. You could ultimately create your own nemesis. It's happened before in Sci-Fi, so I wouldn't be surprised if that would happen.

Just a thought.

~ Thunder

Captain
May 16, 2011

Kai Sawkins level 57
STAY GOLD!
Also, as an add-on to my other post on this thread(I'm really not sure which will appear higher up):

If you went back in time to stop the Armada from being created, one of two things possible things will result.

- You end up creating the Armada

- You stop the Armada from being created, causing a time paradox(If you stopped your nemesis from being created, you would never have the motive to do that)

But of course, there's a really easy method of getting around a paradox, but as for what that method is - I'm not telling.

Haha..........

~ Thunder

Captain
May 16, 2011
Noble Tyler Strong on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
Your younger self continues to be alive, but then dies later on. Even if that happened, there's not a way to know.

.............. Remember the Fates?

.............. You know those first five years of your memories?

Those memories = Buh-bye!

Oh, how I love discussing the problems with time................

~ Thunder

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
Time traveling is really confusing, but I have a good point here. According to Mr. Peabody in the movie Mr. Peabody and Sherman, if you make contact with either past or future self, you're risking to rip a hole in the space and time continuum and make time not exist at all! Also, you can even kill yourself. So, going to El Dorado is risky, does anybody agree with me?

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2013
Ruthless Jack Jack... on Dec 18, 2014 wrote:
And if you touched your younger self, it would create a paradox!
(according to Professor-- I mean Doctor Who)
A paradox! Exactly! Er, what exactly is a paradox?

Captain
May 16, 2011
Practical Gorman W... on Dec 30, 2014 wrote:
A paradox! Exactly! Er, what exactly is a paradox?
A paradox is an endless loop of events, usually triggered by time travel. A well known paradox is the "Grandfather Paradox," in which you use time travel to kill your (true: the reason I say true is because there's a possibility you could be adopted without knowing it.) grandfather. If you kill your grandfather, your parents would never have been born, resulting in your "never-birth."

It's a cycle that continues over and over until you die or your family tree just kinda blows up. Ouch.

~ Thunder

P.S. Yes, it's extremely risky. Don't try this at home, kids.

Captain
May 16, 2011
MistyDragon13 on Dec 19, 2014 wrote:
......and this is why we don't mess with time travel.
Precisely.

*Yars times infinity(or at least a really high number, maybe in the millions, billions, trillions, and further)*

~ Thunder

Petty Officer
Apr 21, 2012

Kai Sawkins level 57
STAY GOLD!
But if we stop the Armada from being made, then the Armada would never exist? So why would we go back in time to stop the Armada from being made? So then we don't go back in time, so the Armada does exist, so we will go back in time, so the Armada won't exist, so we won't go back in time...